TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,imo these are the 3 scenarios that I am going with.They are in the order in which I would like them to be true.

1. Gail took off on her own because she just could not handle the pressure being put on her and it seems to have been OTT. Perhaps she was suffering a breakdown due to these pressures. I don't mean delusions, as I don't take that seriously at all. I just mean she couldn't take it anymore and just had to leave for a time.

2. Gail left due to very strong prodding or threats and she felt compelled to do so; perhaps her only option and she is in hiding. She is in fear for her own life or someone else's.

3. Gail met with foul play and the dh is involved or someone moving at his direction.

I have personally ruled out any coincidental accidents, run ins with unknown assailants,or kidnapping. The only way I could get on board with any of that is if it happened subsequent to her leaving and she put herself in a risky location. I don't think that would be the initial cause but rather the by-product of a woman alone on the road.

As always JBean, you are thoughtful and thorough. I, too, believe in 2 or even 3 of the above. A bright red Jeep with a vanity plate is hard to hide, you know?

Anyone can put in a change of address...on the internet for years now. To me that means nothing: (a ploy with no actual residence, or person seen at forwarded addy) except intent somewhere/somehow. Go to McD's, Starbucks, or ANYWHERE with public internet. I'd think a person of Pharmaceutical caliber could muster that one, and even with an untraceable notebook/proxy server. I could. :blushing:

What speaks volumes to me is that she has not been found. If by accident, or natural means, she would have in most any scenario. I am so happy that heat has been turned ON...turn those flames way up! To me, an older life (a woman with 2 children) is no less valuable than a young girl or boy...unless given the fact that they did not even have the chance to live, and experience life that long. ALL disturbs me when life is shortened.

Regarding Meds-well I would think it would depend 1.) On whether or not she was acutally prescribed something and if she is actually taking it and 2.) When she MAY have started the meds. Most side effects take place pretty quickly, certainly within the first 6 weeks.

Much like the Horman threads, there is no named POI in this case, but if you are a believer in the foul play theory it is natural to cast your eyes on the adult who was closest to Gail. That would be Matt.

For me, the longer the time has passed the more concern I have with the possibility of foul play. My only yardstick for this is the knowledge of similar cases and the family/friends statements that she is a devoted mother. Oh, and LE's firm statement that they have nothing to support MP's affidavit that she was/is unstable and had psychiatric issues.

This statement paints a picture of a woman who could have wandered away. I think it is a deliberate portrayal, but not because I think MP did away with his wife. I think it represents a typical albeit nasty statement you would see in divorce that might be ramping up...possibly based upon the cards each held.

For example, let's say MP was cheating with one or more women and was (possibly) abusing Gail. She had a lot of money in her name apparently-MP claimed that the accounts she restricted his access to are marital property...but not that they are joint. That would certainly carry some weight if we consider it in the context of a divorce.

Now, let's say that Gail was unstable and was prone to wandering away and leaving her children unattended. Well that would carry some weight as well.

Except in this case, LE is saying they have no evidence that she was unstable. And we know there were multiple domestic calls to the residence-in fact the day before she disappeared she fled with her children to another state.

IMO, MP is moving forward with his part of the divorce filing now because he will get what he is asking for simply because Gail is not there to contest it. JMVHO.

Oh I DO believe, believe09. just sayin
Only person who says she's unstable is...well you/we all know.
Thanks for always being the voice of reason believe. I am going to see this case from beginning to END: it's legal, just and rightful end. tyvm :rocker:

1. If her neighbor SB was 100% sure she SAW GAIL driving the Jeep away from the home then why did the BOLO on the dispatch CAD screen say her children were the last to see her? Surely SB had talked to the police?
It was Gail driving away from the house. I promise you.

2. If Gail did have her cell phone with her when she left on the 30th (which I believe) why would she stay in the area for 2 days? Or leave the area and return 2 days later? If she pitched the phone in the area, why not just leave it at home or with friends as she did with other belongings?
We know she had it in her possession until approximately noon on 4/30. We also know that her phone did not leave the area and/or the phone left and came back. But that is all we know.

3. Why bother to get an RO? If Gail were to suddenly show up at the home, it would not be valid. She would have to be SERVED with the RO first.
The RO in and of itself is not all that unusual in cases of separation.It is primarily to restrict her from taking the children out of the county if she should return.he is also asking the court to give him temporary custody since she has left without contacting anyone and because she is, according to MP,suffering from delusions. ETA: I believe that he has to get TC in order to get an RO and he really wants the RO to make sure she cannot take the kids anywhere.

The request is for an emergency temporary order since it is impossible to serve Gail at this time.

4. MP's behavior has been appalling from the gate IMO but regarding his letter to Arlene, why would he have his PI handling the return of property? Isn't it usually handled by police or lawyers?
I suspect that Matt is keeping as much to himself as possible. Could easily turn into a spectacle if he personally calls on Arlene. If you think about it, Gail has enlisted the help of an agent to hold it for her and Matt has enlisted the help of an agent to go get it.

I would further suspect that lawyers and LE are also involved in learning what Arlene may have.

5. I know that the affair is rumor at this point, but IMO since MP seems to be so into filing legal motions or ordering around his PI wouldn't you think he would have tried to silence the people saying such things?
I think that would be impossible

7. If he as an RO why would he also file for exclusive use of the marital home? Could he be planning on trying to sell it? Could he do that if he was granted sole use?
He also filed for separation and wants to be able to stay in the home. He would not be able to sell it at this point.

2. If Gail fled because she believed she was being followed home with the kids from AL, I doubt she would have just dropped them off alone at the house. How could she have known whoever was following her wouldn't harm the children?
Unless of course she knew who was following her and exactly what they wanted.

3. If MP was the one that proposed the 12pm meeting at the house, why was he so late? No matter if he arrived 10 mins after Gail left or later. HE was the one that proposed the time and he was only 25 minutes away at his mothers. If he would have arrived on time he would have been there when Gail and the children got home. I would think IMO that someone as high up on the corporate ladder as him would be more punctual. IMO.
I don't think we know what time the meeting was nor do we know if he was late or not. Perhaps Gail was early.
JMHO of course.

I hope that helps.

I wish we knew more about the alleged girlfriend. Someone has been leaving REALLY nasty, hurtful comments about Gail on her media articles (a lot have been removed already) and I really can't help it but think it's the alleged gf leaving these comments, jmo.

If that's his gf leaving those messges, doesn't say much for MP, imo.
They deserve each other.

I wish we knew more about the alleged girlfriend. Someone has been leaving REALLY nasty, hurtful comments about Gail on her media articles (a lot have been removed already) and I really can't help it but think it's the alleged gf leaving these comments, jmo.

What I'd like to say to any of these girls who think its funny that they destroyed a family or a marriage is this: If the guy will leave his wife for you then what makes you think he will not leave you too?

I finally came to the conclusion after all I went through that I wasn't losing anything but rather gaining my life back. I made every effort to insure that my kids understood that it was wrong to cheat and to consider other before they made any sort of decision in life. As a mother I feel I succeeded in doing that. All my children are very compasionate towards others. They've seen the pain I've gone through and understand it well.

They deserve each other.

hollyblue, I was thinking something similar. IF it is her--what kind of woman sleeps with a married man, and doesn't even have the brains to know she is doing something morally wrong--then compounds the damage by disrespecting his missing wife? She should be ashamed enough of herself and her behavior to at least stay out of it. (again, IF it is her)

I have to add: I didn't see the comments you are talking about, so I don't know what the woman said. Still, it seems very low class to me.

We know she had it in her possession until approximately noon on 4/30. We also know that her phone did not leave the area and/or the phone left and came back. But that is all we know.

The RO in and of itself is not all that unusual in cases of separation.It is primarily to restrict her from taking the children out of the county if she should return.he is also asking the court to give him temporary custody since she has left without contacting anyone and because she is, according to MP,suffering from delusions. ETA: I believe that he has to get TC in order to get an RO and he really wants the RO to make sure she cannot take the kids anywhere.

The request is for an emergency temporary order since it is impossible to serve Gail at this time.

I suspect that Matt is keeping as much to himself as possible. Could easily turn into a spectacle if he personally calls on Arlene. If you think about it, Gail has enlisted the help of an agent to hold it for her and Matt has enlisted the help of an agent to go get it.

I would further suspect that lawyers and LE are also involved in learning what Arlene may have.

I think that would be impossible

He also filed for separation and wants to be able to stay in the home. He would not be able to sell it at this point.

Unless of course she knew who was following her and exactly what they wanted.

I don't think we know what time the meeting was nor do we know if he was late or not. Perhaps Gail was early.
JMHO of course.

I hope that helps.

BBM
That's what I wished to confirm most of all.

Thank goodness there are several, if not many, that wish to see this case to it's just end. I know that many are watching/commenting on the Caylee Anthony trial. It will be what it is..can say it was an epiphany watching that jury selection one day! Have never felt so many like-minded persons online EVER. :) Many of my friends think me kind of freaky for being so into missing/murdered persons cases. They would rather cook a new recipe. Guess what? I can make a new dish, AND make time for justice. It's always meant something to me when I see "missing mothers" and husbands get children, and nothing more. That's when I started to care.

If not for THIS site, and people caring/stirring the pot...could people really get away with murder? And, if so, would you want to live in a society like that? If you don't care, and it can/and does happen...what's to say it couldn't happen to YOU. Don't you know almost every victim thought same. I do think Gail thought that it could happen to her though I have no proof.

Someone has to care! If not in your own family, just for the sake of justice. That's why I'm here, and will continue to the end to care about Gail Palmgren. If not, then what is our society? SORRY to get soo philosophical here, but truly... :rocker:

I just wish we knew what happened to Gail. I hope she is found safe. Prayers for Gail!

During the time that I was going through the whole ordeal that I went through I was peaved at the girls for not having any respect, but when it was all said and done it was my ex-husband who had feed the girls all this crap about me. They only knew me by what he had told them about me. His sister who didn't get to really know me until after I filed for the divorce came to visit for a week and I decided that she wasn't the problem, but rather he was so we had a good time while she was there. In the end she turned to me and said you're not at all what he said you were. She told me what a great person I was and that meant a lot to me. She also told me I was doing the right thing by divorcing her brother.

During the time that I was going through the whole ordeal that I went through I was peaved at the girls for not having any respect, but when it was all said and done it was my ex-husband who had feed the girls all this crap about me. They only knew me by what he had told them about me. His sister who didn't get to really know me until after I filed for the divorce came to visit for a week and I decided that she wasn't the problem, but rather he was so we had a good time while she was there. In the end she turned to me and said you're not at all what he said you were. She told me what a great person I was and that meant a lot to me. She also told me I was doing the right thing by divorcing her brother.

bolded by me.

You hit the nail on the head: the girlfriend is believing whatever lies come out of the husband's mouth. (IF there is a girlfriend--I know there is, but I have to say that since it's not verified.)

One thing that I hope for Gail if she's found safe and sound is that she gets into a support group. I can't stress that enough. I just wish they would find her. I can tell this poor woman has gone through a lot from just what I've read. I understand all too well that pain.

They deserve each other.

I went back to look and Snowbunny is right, some of the really over-the-top messages are gone now, which is for the best. I saw 2 which were written in the same tone and had some of the same info, so it made me think it was the same person writing both of those.

I also wondered if it was the alleged gf, because the gf could likely have been told negative stuff about Gail that she completely believed. Also, on the internet, people who get angry tend to take rumors and exaggerate until what they say sounds ridiculous.

But this IS the internet, and it could have been some random commenter who got worked up. There's more than one person posting comments on news articles where they have judged everyone involved in the case despite not really knowing any details.

The question of why he did not retain a top FAMILY LAW attorney for this angle has stayed on my mind. What I have decided I think about all these filings is that he knows she isn't coming back and that the filings are all for show. The filings would seem to indicate he is preparing to be in a strong legal position when she returns, but if that were truly the case, I don't think he would retain a criminal lawyer to manage his family law case. I think it's all a smoke screen. I continue to think the man has the money to do whatever he thinks is to his advantage. If there were no chance Gail would return, then the filings would be pointless. He doesn't want his actions to indicate he knows she won't return. My opinion.

Also, someone a few pages back mentioned that Gail could have changed her address with individuals she needed to be sure had the correct address, instead of going through the P. O. address change routine. This makes a lot of sense to me. Gail apparently was a planner. The P. O. is NOTORIOUS for mis-delivering mail when the address change applies to only some members of the household. This is not meant to be a slam to the USPS. They are only human. It takes a lot of attention to detail to notice both first and last names and separate the mail accordingly. If I'm not mistaken, the Palmgrens moved to Signal within the past couple years. The hassles of address changes would be fresh on Gail's mind.

Besides that, what are the chances an address change would exactly coincide with her disappearance anyway? More smoke screen in my opinion. I don't think she changed the address. I think there would be a better chance there is a P. O. Box somewhere collecting mail from address changes she might have already processed through individual entities. If she had been preparing for a separation behind the scenes, that is. It appears to me that she was.

bolded by me.

You hit the nail on the head: they are believing whatever lies come out of the husband's mouth.

Hey Snow,

Many of us have been there/done. Almost every divorce is nasty. What is SO unique about yours, other than the hurt, and to disuade concerning children??? Sorry, not to be mean. But this forum is for another purpose. I feel for your pain.

Having my 1st baby in a few. Sure hope it's not like that. If so...I'll just take it on down the road, and WELL...we'll have a good life. Just by US, tyvm. No worries. Would never have this father bring me down/hurt me...else I must move ON... Really not so hard, women, I think so it everyday. I WILL. :)

From Pearl*

Besides that, what are the chances an address change would exactly coincide with her disappearance anyway?

That IS the precise point. He says she was "depressed", but NOT TOO depressed to preplan a change of addy on same date? Surely LE knows better too. It really is comical to think that they are buying this. Yet, judge granted all. HMMM.... (not comical at all on her family's part)

Would love to hear other's opinion..JBean, 09

From JBean, and BBM

Quote:
1. If her neighbor SB was 100% sure she SAW GAIL driving the Jeep away from the home then why did the BOLO on the dispatch CAD screen say her children were the last to see her? Surely SB had talked to the police?

Quote:
2. If Gail did have her cell phone with her when she left on the 30th (which I believe) why would she stay in the area for 2 days? Or leave the area and return 2 days later? If she pitched the phone in the area, why not just leave it at home or with friends as she did with other belongings?

Will just say what we all know: drove out on 4/30 never to be seen again.
Was it her in the Jeep? Yes, according to friend/neighbor.

What if preplanned to appear as her in tinted windows? Far stranger things have happened.

Why no wave, or hello to her best friend? I don't think it was her. I stand by that, she cannot be certain. Most of all, why? Because she didn't roll down window to speak, or anything like they would normally do. She never really saw her.

Will just say what we all know: drove out on 4/30 never to be seen again.
Was it her in the Jeep? Yes, according to friend/neighbor.

What if preplanned to appear as her in tinted windows? Far stranger things have happened.

Why no wave, or hello to her best friend? I don't think it was her. I stand by that, she cannot be certain. Most of all, why? Because she didn't roll down window to speak, or anything like they would normally do. She never really saw her.
I understand your doubt and I wish I could link for you.
Personally, I think she was in a hurry because MP was on his way and she wanted to be gone ASAP. Hmm, maybe she was on the phone with someone and could not be distracted.

RavenTrue, I'm having a little trouble understanding your post a couple up the line. But what I think I'm reading is that you know you would do whatever you had to do in order to take care of yourself and your child, whatever unexpected struggles might ever come your way. Makes perfect sense. I can say, though, for the people out there who wonder (and some who have posted the thought) why she wouldn't have just left... the angles that keep women from doing that are SOOO many, and they really do make logical sense. A BIG deal is that it takes an almost IMPOSSIBLE amount of evidence to prevent each parent from having unsupervised "residential time" (formerly called "visitation"), and for women who are dealing with abuse, that is a horrible thought to overcome. At least while they are present, they can be a buffer....

Every situation is different though, and I don't know what Gail was living with. I think all the indications we have, however, show Gail's motherly love and instincts to take care of her children. I personally think she was doing what she thought was in their best interests.

In order to believe Matt did not harm Gail, we must believe in extreme coincidence, and I have a lot of trouble with any of the alternate scenarios.

She either just by coincidence happened to have a terrible auto accident and nobody can find her vehicle, at the same time she was in the middle of a domestic crisis. Or...just by coincidence, she decided to run off and met up with foul play from some source unrelated to her domestic troubles. Or...just by coincidence, she decided to abandon her children for the first time ever at the very time she had gotten into a pattern of making 911 calls to help with domestic conflict. Or...just by coincidence, this very smart, "together" woman suddenly went into a mental health crisis so severe that she disappeared to "decompress," although no one who knows her (besides her husband) saw any evidence of mental instability....

And, most concerning...she expressed to others that she feared he would kill her. Then she disappeared. Yet we are to believe one of the other scenarios above (according to husband she feared would kill her)?

Oh, yes. And he didn't think her disappearance was significant enough to report for a couple of days.

Doesn't work for me. Hard as it is to do, I think it's time to throw aside some of the other theories at this point. I've been away from the board for a few days, partly because I didn't want to admit this is where I am in my thinking, but I can't make anything else make sense.

Hey Snow,

Many of us have been there/done. Almost every divorce is nasty. What is SO unique about yours, other than the hurt, and to disuade concerning children??? Sorry, not to be mean. But this forum is for another purpose. I feel for your pain.

Having my 1st baby in a few. Sure hope it's not like that. If so...I'll just take it on down the road, and WELL...we'll have a good life. Just by US, tyvm. No worries. Would never have this father bring me down/hurt me...else I must move ON... Really not so hard, women, I think so it everyday. I WILL. :)

Wondering why you quoted my post when you are addressing Snowbunny?

But anyway, I think Snowbunny's divorce WAS unique --divorces usually are not friendly, but don't generally result in people being driven off the road and the other things Snowbunny has mentioned (see post #196). Hearing an experience like hers is valuable because of the nature of this case. She certainly hasn't tried to dominate the discussion. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni