Gilgo Beach 4 Only (GB4)

The comment above about an appointment book is almost comical. I'm personally puzzled why Craig's List hasn't turned over the IP addresses & message history for all of these girls - as well as those of any "John" they have in common. If they don't have email addresses, this is a simple task. All of the victims had access to a computer (or phone) as did the murderer. It's all easily traceable...even now, years later, on some level. He also stalked the victims family & friends online (likely facebook).

Hello everyone - this is my very first post but I have taken the time to read some of the full threads. I thought I knew so much about this case until I started reading.. I have a thought about the location of the bodies, how would the killer know that Ocean Parkway was a perfect dumping spot? How does he know this area is not maintained by the highway authorities, no one maintaining it and keeping it clear of debris? I wouldn't even question this if the body locations were deep into the shrubbery, but these bodies seem to be placed in easily discoverable locations if regular maintainence was being done along that stretch of road over the years.

I find is surprising that LISK never came upon the other bodies that were spread out along Ocean Parkway, or did he?

:welcome3:​

Barbie619, thank you for joining, for reading through the threads, and for your penetrating query. That would be a great question to ask Rachel and Josh when they're next around. The perp/s, as they suggested and demonstrated through their drive and walk through, seems to have had deep familiarity and long term access to the area, which suggests that people know may have seen him/them and be just as familiar, but just not suspect them, or suspect them and be afraid to let on, possibly. I imagine there has been a lot of new faces who would not necessarily know all the old faces either. And if this is the dumping ground, then it may be area that offers the perp the least chance of recognition maybe, compared to other beaches, for some reason? He seems to have created a view for himself but from where does he most like to look at it, I wonder? Anyways, thanks for pitching in and I hope you continue. Or he placed them here to gall the neighborhood there for some reason?

Chicago19, Thank you very much for joining in and for your great post. Josh addresses the very issues about IP's and phones you bring up in the Tricia's Blogtalk radio

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...n-ae-josh-zeman-rachel-mills-episodes-3-and-4

Apparently, and this isn't the complete answer he provides. The perp/s IP's may have been masked, or they entered Craigslist off public IP's like libraries, then used burner phones to make contact. There is however a that fascinating thing about the IP address on the wikileaks edit. I wonder if that was real or spoofed?

Our amazing and gracious WS Admin, Bessie, addresses your points here too, a thread for discussion of the

Cell Phones and LISK

Could this thread also include general geographic information?

The comment above about an appointment book is almost comical. I'm personally puzzled why Craig's List hasn't turned over the IP addresses & message history for all of these girls - as well as those of any "John" they have in common. If they don't have email addresses, this is a simple task. All of the victims had access to a computer (or phone) as did the murderer. It's all easily traceable...even now, years later, on some level. He also stalked the victims family & friends online (likely facebook).

At least two sites were mentioned in the show (CL and BP). With IP addresses, it's not quite that simple. IPs are recycled, they get reassigned, they change depending on where you are when you access a provider/carrier. Definitely things can be tracked, but it becomes more difficult when people are doing things they don't want to have tracked.

IMO, there are many countermeasures that can be used by someone that's minimally tech savvy, to mask their activities. Nothing is fool proof, but it can be enough
to throw someone off a trail. Also, years later, it would be like hunting for a needle in the proverbial haystack to go back and find IPs that you could track to a particular person.
I'm not ruling it out completely.

What I would like to hear, is that they are trying to track down ESN of cell phones. It's possible an old ESN could somehow pop up with a new number assigned. It all makes for a very intriguing case.

(ETA....ESNs can be spoofed, based on what I'm reading, which only adds to the level of difficulty in tracking something/someone down.)

I find is surprising that LISK never came upon the other bodies that were spread out along Ocean Parkway, or did he?

It's quite possible. Who would know? It's not like he would report it. But from pictures I've seen, and The Killing Season footage, the brush is very thick. One could walk right past a body and not notice it. Interesting to ponder. Welcome.

Odd, the way placement seems to line up, maybe they paralleled the placement of the lines on that stretch of land so it would've be easier to know where they were placed. Could the perp/s have been creating their own cemetery in rows, orderly, as the area on the main Island across from the site is replete with cemeteries? Then the tattoo being scraped off, there's that whole not desecrating the body Old Testament thing too, and some very strict cemeteries don't allow burial if tattoos exist. Could this area be marked in the perp/s' mind as being where you visit the dead, so he made his own orderly cemetery? Sorry if this has come up before.

map of cemeteries in the area:

Screenshot 2016-11-18 at 10.26.07 PM.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/search/cemetery/@40.6733566,-73.4055509,20338m/data=!3m1!1e3

attachment.php

Odd, the way placement seems to line up, maybe they paralleled the placement of the lines on that stretch of land so it would've be easier to know where they were placed. Could the perp/s have been creating their own cemetery in rows, orderly, as the area on the main Island across from the site is replete with cemeteries? Then the tattoo being scraped off, there's that whole not desecrating the body Old Testament thing too, and some very strict cemeteries don't allow burial if tattoos exist. Could this area be marked in the perp/s' mind as being where you visit the dead, so he made his own orderly cemetery? Sorry if this has come up before.

map of cemeteries in the area:

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/maps/search/cemetery/@40.6733566,-73.4055509,20338m/data=!3m1!1e3

attachment.php

Thanks for sharing that FindHG. I don't know if this burial ground idea has been discussed before, but I took measurements and Beth Moses / Wellwood Cemetery lies exactly 8 miles directly north.

Excerpt:
This is Hemlock Cove, the water basin right next to the G4 dump piece of land...Look what happens to Hemlock Cove during summer..it becomes "Hemstock"..

Good find. The only satellite imagery I could find taken during summer months is July 4, 2007 (Google Earth historic image mode) and it shows most of the boats clustered on the SE quadrant of the cove (oyster? clams?). Your information provided good context about this area during peak times. But I think LISK may have considered the risk and felt it was negligible and any boats/people well out of range.

Excerpt: Hunting grounds??

Not in my opinion. Hunting "regular" people is too big of a risk -- missing person report filed immediately and ensuing media coverage are the last thing he wants. Note: I am not of the belief this guy likes the notoriety given him or that he is taunting LE -- I think all this has taken a toll on him. Personally, I think he's "in the doghouse" . His Achilles' heal seems to be whether his marks were reported missing to LE -- as his "follow up" calls to people close to his victims tested what they knew and what action they may have already taken or glean info on what they might do.

Neptune, I'm glad you mentioned the gps coordinates! Not personally knowledgeable about it, which is frustrating, but it might mean something to LISK...there might even be some kind of code he worked out relating to the coordinates. Hoping this conversation continues, I think you may be onto something!

Twocuriouscats,
I actually know very little about GPS coordinates. But I use Google Earth (not Google maps) all the time for a variety of projects. If you place a pin on a location the pin shows the latitude and longitude and I simply copy and paste these coordinates side-by-side into my notes and then into my posts. Very easy and extremely useful and no knowledge needed!

Another useful tool for visualizing a place is www.bingmaps.com "Bird's eye" view with "labels" slider off (very bottom). This satellite imagery is available for all of Long Island and gives a great overview of key areas from different angles.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fbliskcommentsproposalp.png
    fbliskcommentsproposalp.png
    662.8 KB · Views: 151
My theory is the LIsk is dead. He hasn't done any killing in a very long time. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

My theory is the LIsk is dead. He hasn't done any killing in a very long time. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Have you followed the words to the theme song, from the first two episodes, that I've seen? Something about someone being dead? I wonder if that says something? Any culprits who knew or were involved with the LISK cases would want people to believe that or for it to be true, seems possible as well.

I am an amateur sleuth. I have investigated these cases in detail. I have came up with a name. There are about 6 people with this name in the New York City and Long Island areas.

I have focused on a man with a history to Belli Topsoli in Brentwood and King's Park Psychiatric Center in Brentwood which shut down in 1996.

He is in his fifties and has apparently lived on Long Island for many years if not his entire life. I turned this information into authorities several years ago. I feel as if he was never investigated, lost in the shuffle of the mountain of tips received. I am at a loss at what to do.

Time goes by on any case, but if you have arrived at some information you think is credible check out the phone numbers for calling in tips;

[http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ason-Episodes-1-and-2&p=12932616#post12932616

Always ask and try again, IMO

Have been going through information online about the believed serial killer Neal Falls that was shot and killed by a supposed prostitute on July 18th 2015 that he met on back page. He was carrying 4 sets of hand cuffs. He was linked to deaths of six women in Chillicothe Ohio, 3 of the six were found dead in local waterways. Could this guy be LISK?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back