‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazzie

This is love
Reaction score
The Kansas City Star article of 11/5/11.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...n-to-media-villain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook

There is discussion about it on at least 2 threads (MSM Coverage 11/5/11 and 11/6/11), so it probably needs its own thread. :)

David Netz, Jr., Lisa's maternal grandfather, and Hazel Bradley, Deborah's mother-in-law, are interviewed.

ETA: Deborah's uncle, Johnny Chivalette III, is also interviewed.

ETA2: Article also being discussed on "Mother preparing to be arrested" thread (FYI to the mods)

Good idea for this to have a thread. I posted this on the MSM thread a little after 11 p.m. I think this is a very insightful piece and contains new information about the family's reactions.

Sgt. Sean Bradley’s service ended in March 2007. The couple returned to Independence and moved in with Debbie’s dad. But Sean couldn’t find a job and struggled in the civilian world, Hazel says. A 2008 news article says he was arrested for discharging a weapon; he told police he was suffering from war-related stress.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...lain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook#ixzz1cvT3I4KC

So it is him then? I thought the posters determined there was another SB it could have been, with different middle initials. Did the reporter confirm this with Hazel ? or just read the same article we saw?

It is good to see that her ex-MIL has good things to say about her as a mother but did she ever observe her interacting with her children while drunk?
And her father? Has he seen DB being a great mother for the children after emptying a box of wine?

JMO but being a great mother while sober does not tell us very much about all the things that may go wrong when intoxicated.

I am sad because it sounds like DB's son has completely lost all contact with the paternal side of his family, grandparents included.

Debbie talked of getting her G.E.D. and insisted that her youngest brother, Phillip, graduate. But she didn’t go back to school. Instead, she started leaving the house at night, taking Hazel’s truck without asking when the family slept.

“I never knew for sure where she went or what she did,” Hazel said. They had words. Debbie was again asked to leave.

“It’s just immature things,” she says. “I kept thinking she would settle down.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...lain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook#ixzz1cvUB4m4Z

So she can drive then? Wonder what she did. It's probably not relevant but interesting anyway.

The dog bite incident sounds a bit irrelevant to me as well. Her father brings it up as proof that she would not have covered Lisa's death up but it is no such thing IMO. The boy bitten by a dog was not dead, he would be fine after getting some care, it does not seem like it was DB's fault in any manner and she wasn't facing any serious legal consequences for an accident, there were even witnesses to the accident and the boy was probably also old enough to say what had happened to him. So there was nothing whatsoever that anyone would have needed to cover up. It's hardly comparable to any scenario in which a baby could have ended up dead in the intoxicated parent's bedroom and the parent would think it's better to stage a kidnapping than to face the music.

It's an eye opener, all right. Thanks for posting. You kind of need a program to keep all the players straight in this one!

reading this article no wonder the family stopped talking to LE. Told her they had a body, they know she murdered Lisa, showed her burnt clothes. Told JI that DB confessed that Lisa wasn't his - ughhh - I would have lawyered up and stopped talking to.

reading this article no wonder the family stopped talking to LE. Told her they had a body, they know she murdered Lisa, showed her burnt clothes. Told JI that DB confessed that Lisa wasn't his - ughhh - I would have lawyered up and stopped talking to.

Yeah, if I were innocent and LE lied about finding a body, I'd be pretty hysterical and angry at them too.

Too bad we will probably never know if that is true. Some days I really miss the Sunshine Laws. (Wouldn't you just LOVE to see a video of that questioning? I think it would tell us soooo much!)

They mentioned her brother as well and the death of their mother (Lisa) on his 10th birthday. I've been waiting for the press to pick this up as it was discussed on fcebk by the uncle also mentioned in the article - Johnny Chiaravallotti. He actually said that PN found his mother dead on his 10th birthday and that was 10 years ago - he went on to tie in the fact that Lisa was 10 months old. I thought this was interesting - PN has had a traumatic past - as has DB...

The wedding was held in the Netz backyard. Sean’s biological mom flew in from the West Coast. But the event was marred for Hazel: Sean and Debbie were still mad at her and barely spoke.

This caught my eye. According to this, Hazel must be a stepmother to Sean? Oh the tangled webs we weave.

The Kansas City Star article of 11/5/11.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...n-to-media-villain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook

There is discussion about it on at least 2 threads (MSM Coverage 11/5/11 and 11/6/11), so it probably needs its own thread. :)

David Netz, Jr., Lisa's maternal grandfather, and Hazel Bradley, Deborah's mother-in-law, are interviewed.

ETA: Deborah's uncle, Johnny Chivalette III, is also interviewed.

ETA2: Article also being discussed on "Mother preparing to be arrested" thread (FYI to the mods)

Great article, with so much insight. I do sympathize with DB for her unstable childhood and teenage years. But that's as far as my sympathy goes... we all make choices... even those of us dealt a bad hand in life.

This caught my eye. According to this, Hazel must be a stepmother to Sean? Oh the tangled webs we weave.

Yes, and Hazel had a baby daughter with SB's dad when SB was a teenager.

That sentence sticks out like a sore thumb... it's like the writer of the article didn't want to state that DB lived at the Irwin house.

That sentence sticks out like a sore thumb... it's like the writer of the article didn't want to state that DB lived at the Irwin house.

I just saw that as the writer researched the traffic ticket and noted that this was the address at the time of the ticket. But who knows lol

it feels to me that this article is an attempt to give DB sympathy incase she is arrested and then the cry will be that she shouldn't be held accountable because of a, b, or c.

until LE talks I will not assume that DB is being honest or dishonest, she's merely trying to paint a picture of herself and using family to do it so she can appear to be this sad pitiful pperson who should be pitied not held accountable if she did something. But the only real facts remain: Lisa is missing, the stories told make no sense, and children do not just disappear like Lisa did.

Well now that you say that, it is like that! They don't want to cast a dark shadow over her while saying that we are being hard on the girl. It is suppose to make the people that think she is guilty feel guilty because she had such a bad start in life.

Is that the way we are suppose to respond? If it is then I am not playing! I for one will not be made to feel bad about the way I feel about a situation, or person. Period!

If it does come out that LE did not call her Trailer Trash, I will at least know that is what she thinks of herself. jmo

it feels to me that this article is an attempt to give DB sympathy incase she is arrested and then the cry will be that she shouldn't be held accountable because of a, b, or c.

until LE talks I will not assume that DB is being honest or dishonest, she's merely trying to paint a picture of herself and using family to do it so she can appear to be this sad pitiful pperson who should be pitied not held accountable if she did something. But the only real facts remain: Lisa is missing, the stories told make no sense, and children do not just disappear like Lisa did.

bbm

DB is being blamed for this article? :floorlaugh:

They mentioned her brother as well and the death of their mother (Lisa) on his 10th birthday. I've been waiting for the press to pick this up as it was discussed on fcebk by the uncle also mentioned in the article - Johnny Chiaravallotti. He actually said that PN found his mother dead on his 10th birthday and that was 10 years ago - he went on to tie in the fact that Lisa was 10 months old. I thought this was interesting - PN has had a traumatic past - as has DB...

do we know the anniversary date of anything traumatic in families life?
Sounds like allot of depression and PTSD

bbm

DB is being blamed for this article? :floorlaugh:

no. I'm answering you so I don't get misread and laughed at for having my own mind and opinions. The "LE picked on meeee and were mean to me" story came from only one source: DB. In order for anyone else to be able to recite it, they had to have gotten it from DB since LE is busy with the case and not with the media.
I am hesistant to accept anything from DB as gospel and am merely pointing out that DB is the origin of that story. And she is also the origin of many other stories in this case and sadly none of those stories appear to be helping Lisa, but they do paint DB in a much more attractive light.

I'm glad LE is focusing on Lisa, I hope they can find her and give her justice if it is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158