WI - Freedom of what? Girl Scout troop leader fired due to hubby's risqué website

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Girl Scout troop leader fired over connection with 'satanic' website that writes about serial killers and *advertiser censored* stores (Daily Mail)
A mother-of-two has claimed she was fired from her role as a Girl Scout troop leader for her connection to a 'satanic' website.

Stacy Hintz, 28, led the West Bend troop in Wisconsin Southeast for four years and claims to have an impeccable record in the role.

Yet her husband runs wisconsinsickness.com, which features scantily-clad women in provocative poses and discusses *advertiser censored* stores and serial killers.

The subjects - which also include ghosts and heavy metal music - are at odds with the Girl Scout message and teachings, its leaders claim.
---
Hintz was reportedly well liked by parents and staff, even being chosen to represent the group at a 100-year anniversary convention held in Austin, Texas.
---
much more of the story, with pictures, a sidebar, and a video, at link above

She shouldn't have put the link to her husband's site on official girl scout business. That was poor judgement on her part.

She shouldn't have put the link to her husband's site on official girl scout business. That was poor judgement on her part.

I totally agree with you.

I wonder if, in addition to being a volunteer scout leader and a school volunteer, she might be a Sunday school teacher?

Her video sounds like this might be pushed as far as possible, media-wise. Maybe even involve the ACLU! <<sigh>>

Boring.

That's my opinion.

I totally agree with you.

I wonder if, in addition to being a volunteer scout leader and a school volunteer, she might be a Sunday school teacher?

Her video sounds like this might be pushed as far as possible, media-wise. Maybe even involve the ACLU! <<sigh>>

Boring.

That's my opinion.

BBM

Mine too, teedie. :violin:

Cry me a river, hon. When you and hubs run a website that glorifies violence against women and all sorts of sick imagery, what did you expect?

IIRC, there's no GS badge for "zombie *advertiser censored*".

I wonder if she was bored with the whole girl scouts concepts and wanted to get fired. It's free advertising for their website.

I agree with Donjeta. It all seems like the kind of publicity you couldn't buy if you wanted to.

And putting the link to the website right there when she apparently managed to keep it a secret for such a time? Leads one to wonder, bad judgment or good business sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back