Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that AGT and his father did any "bonding", but most kids learn to fish with their father or uncle, etc., so... I was wondering if LE has searched the bodies of water near his father's address?

I for one, NEVER said anything about believing their nonsense but its definately enough to bring on reasonable doubt to a jury. The Law is a funny thing.

I didnt think you did. No problem, I agree that it is a bit scary with what we know but I hope the dots will be connected. I am holding out my confidence for LE. It would not make sense he took something from her purse...I mean how would he know where it was?

You may not have confidence in Morgan Hill PD, but I have confidence in the Santa Clara County D.A.'s office!!!

Glad that you have that faith, someone definately has to keep hopes high.

I am just a very grounded person and I tend to look at things from all angles and all angles of this case are not adding up. However I do hope that you are correct. I WILL SAY THIS -> I believe AGT is GUILTY

I don't think he traveled that far away. Remember his mom and wife had an issue of when he did it, so he wouldn't take more then an hour or 2 hours most to do his evil deed.

His drawings on his MS page tell me a few times (maybe) he was capturing either his first kill or his fantasy of his first kill.

TO me it look like he was coming to terms in what he really wanted to do. He was growing in the picture. That's what my vivid imagination sees. Sure wouldn't mine a professional to elaborate in what they see.

Also, does anyone think that the twitter "cousin" is just some unrelated sicko? I did see that they were pretending to be some guy who was threatening a teen singer named Jasmine Villegas a while back then suddenly they switched to being AGT's cousin. They seem to know alot about him though and if it is someone in their family, they definately are a pretty twisted bunch.

I doubt that AGT and his father did any "bonding", but most kids learn to fish with their father or uncle, etc., so... I was wondering if LE has searched the bodies of water near his father's address?

I believe his Father is incarcerated. Maybe though when he was a younger boy?

Are the sloughs saltwater, brackish or fresh? I would imgaine there are specific differences to each ...plants, ph, amoebas, etc

ETA thanks for the 'beach' routes!

Mostly saltwater. It opens out to the ocean in Moss Landing (just south of Watsonville, North of Monterey). Here's a link:

Elkhorn Slough - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there is Harkins Slough which is actually in Watsonville...here's a link..

http://watsonvillewetlandswatch.org/sloughs/harkins.htm

gosh, I hope my links worked.

Sierra doesn't seem like one who would wear pajamas to school, I only say that because why would someone who's so fixated on their hair and makeup bother wearing pajama bottoms, you know? Also, I don't think pajama pants are allowed in school or at least at my daughters' school. Could have been spirit week though.

In the statement of facts, LE says they have the clothing she was wearing the morning she disappeared. So unless he dressed her in PJ bottoms and an old navy tshirt ...

Again, seems to be referencing the physical maturity of the body. Unless the victim is elderly, it seems that it would be difficult to differentiate between a fully developed 15 year old girl and a 45 year old woman if her body is as decomposed as they're saying it is.

SBM

Teeth and skeletal changes are a good way to make a differential.

A 15 year old doesn't have wisdom teeth nor yet scars from the removal of the wisdom teeth.

The growth plates of various bones close at different ages; for instance, long bones at 20 and collarbone at 30. The position of the lowest rib changes gradually with age (one reason why adults lose some of the sprightly look in their figures as they get older even if their weight remains the same).

Changes in the cranial sutures are a reliable way of telling age in skulls belonging to people who were over 40 when they died.

Once a person hits age 30 or so, they usually start showing wear and tear on various joints and bones, which can give a good indication of age.

These indicators are among the last to deteriorate after death.

Originally Posted by Tuliptiptoe
Yes, and the FBI seemed to be spot on their profile of the suspect. I HAVE to remain confident they know what they are doing, but am baffled as well.

THe thing that really makes me nervous was when I read there was tension developing between LE and DA, with LE wanting to arrest and DA wanting more evidence, but something happened they felt the need to arrest that night. Hope DA got what they needed.

I hadn't heard about the tension behind the scenes but if that is indeed the case, then perhaps they do have something more substantial that they are keeping very tightly under wraps.

I think the DA wanted to wait longer, at least to find more evidence if not the body. LE wanted to arrest, probably either hoping they could lean on him (or offer a deal) to give up the location of the body, especially before it's too hard to tell manner of death, since he obviously was not going to lead them to her. Apparently him not talking is what is causing the most friction, as nothing is panning out.

In the statement of facts, LE says they have the clothing she was wearing the morning she disappeared. It was in the Juicy bag. So unless he dressed her in PJ bottoms and an old navy tshirt ...

Maybe FS is missing some clothes...

jk

another tidbit I was thinking about today I want to share. Notice what AGT was wearing when he was arrested? That's right very little, something easy you can strip off and take a swim to clean yourself quickly. Did he wear something like this the day Serria was taken? It was specualated that Serria's friend was at Safeway and walked by her car very close...this is when LE moved in and made the arrest. LE arrested him because I believe they thought he was about to take another girl.

I think the DA wanted to wait longer, at least to find more evidence if not the body. LE wanted to arrest, probably either hoping they could lean on him (or offer a deal) to give up the location of the body, especially before it's too hard to tell manner of death, since he obviously was not going to lead them to her. Apparently him not talking is what is causing the most friction, as nothing is panning out.

Well LE wanted to arrest him early on for public safety, and then felt they couldn't wait anymore, which is why there is speculation he might have been about to strike again in the Safeway parking lot. I personally don't think so though, because he knew he was being watched.

I don't think he traveled that far away. Remember his mom and wife had an issue of when he did it, so he wouldn't take more then an hour or 2 hours most to do his evil deed.

His drawings on his MS page tell me a few times (maybe) he was capturing either his first kill or his fantasy of his first kill.

TO me it look like he was coming to terms in what he really wanted to do. He was growing in the picture. That's what my vivid imagination sees. Sure wouldn't mine a professional to elaborate in what they see.

i wouldnt mind hearing what a professional had to say about it either it has been bothering me since i first saw it

taking a page from "Dexter" That evil passenger can make one take big risk.

If Marc K. doesn't think Sierra is dead...where on earth does he think she is?
I don't think he gets inside info from LE...I think he is more there to work with parents and help them cope. But I am not sure it is helpful for anyone to be telling the parents she may be alive, when LE is going ahead with murder charges. JMO

He's said in interviews in the past that he believes that if the parents say they believe their child is dead, it will become very difficult to find volunteers for searches. He advises parents of the missing to keep expressing hope that their child is still alive.

I'm not sure how accurate this is; I can think of cases where they had great volunteer turnout even after a suspect had been charged with murder. Dru Sjodin, for example.

Me, I believe that most people prefer to hear the truth as far as it is known, rather than have smoke blown in their faces.

But I could be wrong.

Well LE wanted to arrest him early on for public safety, and then felt they couldn't wait anymore, which is why there is speculation he might have been about to strike again in the Safeway parking lot. I personally don't think so though, because he knew he was being watched.

Yes, I know public safety was what they said....

In the statement of facts, LE says they have the clothing she was wearing the morning she disappeared. So unless he dressed her in PJ bottoms and an old navy tshirt ...
Exactly, that's the biggest reason I think this female body that has been discovered in Pleasanton is not Sierra, and I'm fairly positive this trash can was only placed there between Tues. evening and Thurs. If it was there on Tues. afternoon, it wasn't in the roadway, I couldn't have missed that!

Thank you askfornina.

Why are they wording the dna matches as "strong association"? Are the results preliminary and need to be ran more in depth?

DNA matches are never 100%, so I think they just have to word it that way for legalities. My dd's DNA test with her father came back as 99.9999999% even though I can surely attest to the fact that he is 100% her father!

He's said in interviews in the past that he believes that if the parents say they believe their child is dead, it will become very difficult to find volunteers for searches. He advises parents of the missing to keep expressing hope that their child is still alive.

I'm not sure how accurate this is; I can think of cases where they had great volunteer turnout even after a suspect had been charged with murder. Dru Sjodin, for example.

Me, I believe that most people prefer to hear the truth as far as it is known, rather than have smoke blown in their faces.

But I could be wrong.

I agree, but I think he is telling the truth.

I disagree that it would be hard to find searchers if they say she is no longer alive. 'Help find evidence on someone who murdered a child' sounds more compelling for some people to search, I would think.

I also think people want to hear the truth, and if he is there to help the LaMar's he is telling them their truth. He has said that before he ever found out his daughter had been killed, no one could convince him she was not alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10