The Package and the Defense Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he's being so cooperative. Usually shooters like this kill themselves or commit suicide by cop, yet this guy told about the bombs in the apartment and the package sent to the university. Could it be remorse or a moment of lucidity? Or perhaps it didn't go down as planned. Maybe he expected to commit the shooting and have the building go up at the same time, then walk outside into a barrage of bullets. When it didn't happen that way, it ruined his party. He may have been hoping for a higher body count. Of course, this is all speculation, but I really hope we hear from him at some point what he was thinking.

Many of mass shooters don't kill themselves or commit suicide by cop.
And it's rather obvious he didn't expect to be killed, considering all the protective gear.

I wonder why he's being so cooperative. Usually shooters like this kill themselves or commit suicide by cop, yet this guy told about the bombs in the apartment and the package sent to the university. Could it be remorse or a moment of lucidity? Or perhaps it didn't go down as planned. Maybe he expected to commit the shooting and have the building go up at the same time, then walk outside into a barrage of bullets. When it didn't happen that way, it ruined his party. He may have been hoping for a higher body count. Of course, this is all speculation, but I really hope we hear from him at some point what he was thinking.

He wants the lead part in the movie of this horror :waitasec: (just kidding)

if we are talking about the Universitie's honesty here - decide for yourself :)

About 11 hours after the attack, Barry Shur, dean of the graduate school at the university, sent an email to faculty, students and staff saying: "If anyone is contacted by the media, PLEASE refer them" to a school spokeswoman. Shur's email was released in response to an open records request from the AP.

Earlier this week, Shur denied trying to prohibit those who knew Holmes from talking.

"We told them they are fully free to interact with the media," he said at a press conference Monday.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018778438_apuscoloradoshootingopenrecords.html

His teachers aren't supposed to talk about him because of FERPA.

Other students who knew him don't have to worry about FERPA, as I believe it doesn't apply to them.

ok...

maybe someone can ask Barry Shur what is the color of JH's hair prior to taking the Oral exam. I am sure this is not covered by FERPA. At NY Post, the postal deliveryman said that his hair was dyed orange since May. I dont know if that is true or not :)

Sorry this is a package delivery thread but we are discussing about the University, maybe this thread can also handle the discussion about the University? Admin?

ok...

maybe someone can ask Barry Shur what is the color of JH's hair prior to taking the Oral exam. I am sure this is not covered by FERPA. At NY Post, the postal deliveryman said that his hair was dyed orange since May. I dont know if that is true or not :)

Sorry this is a package delivery thread but we are discussing about the University, maybe this thread can also handle the discussion about the University? Admin?

What if he did have orange hair? That's not illegal. Would be considered freedom of expression. None of his teachers could probably even ask him about it, due to being PC.

What if he did have orange hair? That's not illegal. Would be considered freedom of expression. None of his teachers could probably even ask him about it, due to being PC.

no it isnt illegal.
and I didnt say it is illegal

but some people form their decisions based on student's hair, tattoo, face, dresses and etc. Not all but "SOME" and i know that as a FACT because of experience :)

At my college, a large number of students had all manner of crazy colored hair, orange would be the tamest.

It's not really something that people even notice in this day and age any longer.

At my college, a large number of students had all manner of crazy colored hair, orange would be the tamest.

It's not really something that people even notice in this day and age any longer.

With all the latest technology out there , it simply changed a lot but there will a grumpy teacher that will always exist and will hate one student just because..... :) . Just like in a work place... some people are getting fired at work just because of their hair. This is a vague topic , so general but it is just common sense that they clearly exist.

Why did JH send this package???? I do not for one single moment think it was meant to be some sort of "intervention" where he would be "caught" before he carried out his atrocious act. This guy did NOT intend to be caught.... if he did, he would have been on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc.... I wonder if he deliberately sent it so it would be "lost" in the shuffle, and he could then use it to throw another layer of blame onto the University - and another layer of controvery for future lawyers? I work for a large University system, probably similar to the one in Colorado. Our mail system is FAMOUS for being slow... and unfortunately, for losing items. I would love to know how he addressed the package - if it was addressed to "Dr X" in "Building Y" - KNOWING that Dr. X did NOT work in Building Y, that would certainly delay it's delivery. In other words, I can see this sly little "Joker" deliberately putting the wrong building/name on the package to intentionally delay it's delivery. Bottom line - he sent it... that equals premeditation, which equals sanity. MOO...

I have 2 kids in college so I understand the freedom to express one's self. But based on all previous reports and pictures, I think it is important to understand when he started making changes to his previous life style (hair color, gun/ammo/body armour, etc). I know I want to be able to try to understand what went wrong, when it went wrong and why would he do this.

But sadly, I don't think even with understanding I will be able to truly forgive. He still supposedly opened fire in a movie theatre with innocent people there for a night out in a place they thought were safe.....but not anymore

I have 2 kids in college so I understand the freedom to express one's self. But based on all previous reports and pictures, I think it is important to understand when he started making changes to his previous life style (hair color, gun/ammo/body armour, etc). I know I want to be able to try to understand what went wrong, when it went wrong and why would he do this.

But sadly, I don't think even with understanding I will be able to truly forgive. He still supposedly opened fire in a movie theatre with innocent people there for a night out in a place they thought were safe.....but not anymore

I totally agree with you!!! I can not forgive either - but I don't have to because he has not asked for forgiveness. He is still playing his roll as the "Joker". Ha! Ha! Bleh! He planned this event, he organized this event, he documented this event, so he is COMPLETELY in control of himself and this event. As far as going to a movie... I went last Saturday to see the Batman movie. I have ALWAYS watched for suspicious people moving around in a movie because it is a creepy, dark place. I think maybe in the future, movie theatres may become like airplanes after 911.... if you flinch or move wrong - or unexpectadly.... woe be you. That is a sad statement for the illusion we have all shared about how safe our world is. Cave men and women were faced with threats EVERY day!!! I still think we live in a beautiful world, but it is NOT a safe haven - and it never has been. We just need to be aware of the threats. Now... we have a new source of attack. :notgood:

I stand corrected. I read the gag orders prior to posting and I didn't see the university listed. Oops, my bad!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31309937/detail.html

Thanks for the link. the media is not requesting for HIS academic grades but they want to see JH's emails . The school told the judge that the media is requesting his school records so the judge sealed almost everything now ( Please correct me if i am wrong )...

Under the Colorado Open Records Act, his emails would be open to public inspection, since the state-run university is supported by tax dollars. Holmes, who was pursuing a doctoral degree in neuroscience, was also an employee of the university, receiving a $26,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health.

People will definitely have a hard time forgiving him, he took innocent and beautiful lives :(

Holmes’s lawyers at the public defender’s office have asked the judge overseeing the case to find out who leaked information to the media about the notebook and its contents, arguing that Holmes’ privacy and constitutional rights have been violated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ore-massacre/2012/07/27/gJQAsTwHEX_story.html

Doctor-Patient Confidentiality...Patient Privacy?
Dont think the notebook is school records and it will be under FERPA right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998