LeAnna (Mom) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And.... well, that victim impact statement didn't help change my perception one bit. It actually just pissed me off more. All I see is me, me, me, and RH, RH, RH, and not enough COOPER, COOPER, COOPER.
Me either and it is me me me because it is a victim impact statement. I want to know where this statement from the DA is that Zimmerman mentions. hmm

Attorney Lawrence Zimmerman says the statement sent to Leanna Harris by the Cobb County District Attorney indicates law enforcement does not believe she had anything to do with her son's death.

deleted post made a really inaccurate statement. sorry

And.... well, that victim impact statement didn't help change my perception one bit. It actually just pissed me off more. All I see is me, me, me, and RH, RH, RH, and not enough COOPER, COOPER, COOPER.

I read god god god and husband husband husband.

If media are hounding her she certainly is doing a great job of avoiding them. There is zero media news. JMO

The media caused her to lose a job in AL that she had for 4 yrs?

I realize it's a victim impact statement, but as a mother of soon-to-be 5, I can't imagine any more impact to me than the loss of my child. My children are extensions of my physical body. To lose one of them, especially in this manner, would be greater to me than the loss of employment, of my marriage, of media scrutiny, of anything. None of that would matter to me at all. My whole statement would be about my son. JMO

LH released a statement today:

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26236264/attorney-for-leanna-harris-believes-she-wont-face-charges

"An attorney for Leanna Harris does not believe she will be charged with a crime.

Harris is the wife of Justin Ross Harris, the man accused of leaving his son, Cooper, in a hot SUV to die. The alleged crime happened in Georgia but the Harris family is originally from Tuscaloosa.

Harris' attorney said that her victim impact statement will help change public perception about her."

There's a link to the PDF statement inside the news article.

Um, yeah, my perception of LH hasn't changed. Not even a bit.

As a matter of fact, I'm more suspicious of her after reading that statement.

Don't they know that we know it's a big, fat lie about her currently being hounded by the media? When is the last time yall saw a media clip of her? I remember. It was the day she scurried out of town and showed up in Alabama.

If not for this poorly released info from her attorney to the media (you know, the media that they hate and has prevented her from 'grieving') we wouldn't know a thing about what is happening in her sad little life.

It's still, and will always be, only about LH and RH. I'm glad that Cooper's soul is where he is finally cherished and he knows love with no conditions. :blowkiss:

LH released a statement today:

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26236264/attorney-for-leanna-harris-believes-she-wont-face-charges

"An attorney for Leanna Harris does not believe she will be charged with a crime.

Harris is the wife of Justin Ross Harris, the man accused of leaving his son, Cooper, in a hot SUV to die. The alleged crime happened in Georgia but the Harris family is originally from Tuscaloosa.

Harris' attorney said that her victim impact statement will help change public perception about her."

There's a link to the PDF statement inside the news article.

Here's the PDF of the "Victim Impact Statement" form submitted by lh:

uryga7av.jpg
7ujypy5y.jpg

Via http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbrc/docs/leannaharrisvictimstatement.pdf

:sigh:

ETA:

UBM:

FTR, lh's attorney could not be more wrong!
IDK how he can make such a grand leap, such a sweeping generalizing statement, about public perception of his client. I mean, I realize lawyers are paid to make PR-type statements within the legal realm, but this defies logic - IMO.

MY reaction, in reading her handwritten responses, is disbelief, disgust, and a good helping of derision at the continued disconnect we've seen from Day One. You've all done a fine job of verbalizing it already.

The bottom line is that when limited to communicating to the Court in a two-page document (and you have the benefit of counsel), every word matters. Seeing Cooper as less than front-and-center (not the clear focus/in the spotlight as he deserves IMO), rings hollow in my book. IMO, he is devalued whenever his loss is bifurcated with the (so-called) suffering of jrh, or lh.

Fill out an addendum, put it on the back of the page(s), do whatever you have to do to show your respect for the insurmountable loss of YOUR ONLY CHILD!

This non-verbal communication would not be lost on the reader (the DA, the Judge/Court, and the public/sleuths) who will dissect it, after your attorney goes to the media with it, of course.

Turd in the punch bowl, indeed....

Cooper deserved better.

Cooper continues to deserve better, still....

:moo:

Me either and it is me me me because it is a victim impact statement. I want to know where this statement from the DA is that Zimmerman mentions. hmm

I think he means that the DA sent her the victim impact statement to be filled, implying that she's considered a victim here.

I think he means that the DA sent her the victim impact statement to be filled, implying that she's considered a victim here.

YUP. And victim impact statements are not "we don't think that you are anything more than a victim" statements. They do send them out, but they are also curious about the answers to such. It is her lawyer's spin on it, but that's fair IMO. By her statement, it seems like she feels that she has LOST her dear husband to the American Justice System. One would think that she would want to hold on to her conviction that he is innocent of the charges. JMO JMO

What is the date when she answered the "victim impact" statement with the aid of her attorney? August 1? The statement about being in therapy the rest of her life reads like her attorney's input.

I can't read all of the response to #4; except to make out that she is disappointed in the rush to judgment by police and our society. Shame on us! :facepalm:

I believe the statement was released for sympathy and probably for cash donations given the fact that she wants us to know she has been 43 days without employment. Although, for me, it had the opposite effect.

Is LH being hounded? Just because we aren't seeing her doesn't mean she isn't being hounded, it just means she isn't allowing them to capture her on film. Are they constantly staked outside her home? Can she not go to the store without media following her? Is that what she means? Maybe she has been secluded in her home (or wherever she is staying now in Alabama) since Cooper's death. Or is she making it up and no one has been near her home except for the few times we've seen her?

Something else that just stood out like a turd in the punch bowl.

She has counted and mentioned how many days she's been out of work, but not how many days since she's held, kissed, snuggled Cooper. :facepalm:

and she only used Cooper's name once.

Is anyone familiar with these types of victim forms? Are they ever sent when an investigation is still pending?

Pfffft

Her statement did not move me at all. Not in the least.

It's all about her and her husbands suffering...zero about the real victim here.

I was once tasked with writing a victim witness statement when my son was a victim...I don't think I talked of myself at all. I had no other agenda other than the truth and find some justice.

Whatever that justice may be.

I'm infuriated actually...

All IMO

What is the date when she answered the "victim impact" statement with the aid of her attorney? August 1? The statement about being in therapy the rest of her life reads like her attorney's input.

I can't read all of the response to #4; except to make out that she is disappointed in the rush to judgment by police and our society. Shame on us! :facepalm:

I believe the statement was released for sympathy and probably for cash donations given the fact that she wants us to know she has been 43 days without employment. Although, for me, it had the opposite effect.

Here's #3 + #4 only. I hope this helps everyone read her responses. I can't make any promises regarding anyone's blood pressure though :facepalm:
ymygenat.jpg

Figured I'd complete the task and use iBooks to zoom in on all the responses for the thread:

#1 + #2
yvutyvyd.jpg

#5 + #6
y4y5yqus.jpg

FWIW, Cooper is who matters to us, and the impact of his loss, his death, and how he exited this earth, could never be captured in a couple of pages, IMVHO. I would need reams of paper, myself - but that's just me....

:rose:

#JusticeForCooper

:candle:

You're the best kimi :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors