IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing.....

I don't think anyone kidnaps and murders two teenagers just because they happen to be there or he sees them in passing. One might consider kidnapping and murdering one teenager on a whim but not two.

I believe it had to be planned and he has foreknowledge of them and the area. I think he's been thinking about this for a while and the opportunity finally came up.

When I looked at the photos of the perp with the inverted colours he really has that hoodie pulled down far. He was definitely trying to hide his face.

MOO

I have a question......
Is this a kidnapping ?

They were murdered but not taken AFAIK.
Anyone?

I cannot keep up with this thread lol

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I couldn't now, but when I was 14, I wouldn't have even thought twice.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yupp. I have walked that kind of bridge before. But I was 12 or so. Now? Never ever.

I'm sure these girls didn't think anything of it. They probably walked it hundreds of times without anything ever happening(other than getting some cool pictures).

(I had a thought fwiw, (actually my leading theory since the PC), that he was following them on the trails for a while, vs just popping out on the bridge...that maybe they went to the bridge to get away from him, thinking that he might not follow them out onto there...it just seems like something I would do or think in a moment of adrenaline, I did this once when someone was chasing after me, I ran into the ocean and swam out to sea. My thoughts, anyway.

PS. Thanks to everyone for posting the updates during the PC. That was rough, rough, rough...unprecedented...I was right there with you guys reading along with tears...I knew it was going to be bad, hence my breakdown(s) well before the PC...Anyway, as hard as that must have been for LE, unimaaaaginable, this may for the first time give true further insight into how these unimaginable things actually go down. Hoping it can help future cases. Abby and Libby are true heroes in all sense of the word. )

(Eta: as previously mentioned early on, he was not afraid of heights, obviously comfortable, (or maybe his sick adrenaline just totally took over and trumped his fear)..maybe someone in construction, scaffolding, roofing..etc...)

(Eta: maybe they thought they could get a better signal on the bridge because they were having trouble on the trails..poor girls...)

(Eta: maybe works or has worked up high on telephone lines or cables, sigh, needle in haystack. Sorry for multiple ETAs, don't want to power post as I'm known to do, juse trying to get all my thoughts out.)

(Eta: Is there a way to check who all has viewed the PCs with THOR lines or whatever you guys called it....that would be a huge task, would have to check with all media outlets, fb, etc..)

(Finally, I've seen mention of where he had the weapon, pocket, pants, etc. If you haven't already please see the pic I posted in a very early thread of the potential holster I speeeeecccuuuulllllate he had on him. I'll look for the link, fwiw.)

Done

attachment.php
The clothing is similar, but this guy is older. Heavier. Grey hair. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Phone: My brother is 40 and still uses an old-fashioned flip phone. He's a normal member of society and has no interest in a smartphone. I tease him about it all the time. He calls my iPhone a huge brick. There are some people who simply have no desire to upgrade to a certain type of phone.

bridge: I still don't understand how some people in these videos are actually walking across the whole bridge. Have people fallen from the bridge? There are huge gaps between the rails. How are these hikers walking the whole bridge sure that each step on a rail is actually safe? I'd gather that some of the rails have rotted inside and others turn forwards and backwards when taking a step down on them. I'm fairly agile and I don't see how a rotting bridge is easily walked.

ITA....when people are driving they will only really notice Abby & Libby on those other boards. It's nice their pictures are up there, but HE needs to be seen & found

theirs one that just has the suspects pic on it. seems pretty blown up to me.

You know, I was assuming that the perp had been walking in that direction over the bridge from the far side. What if he passed them on the near side and turned around and started BACK TOWARDS THEM. Plenty reason to startle the girls...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ITA....when people are driving they will only really notice Abby & Libby on those other boards. It's nice their pictures are up there, but HE needs to be seen & found

I'm guessing the FBI was getting phone calls reporting the girls were spotted somewhere. Driving by it would be confusing as to who they are looking for. MOO

Brown said leads to a killer's identity often are developed by not being able to eliminate a person as a suspect, which was the case in a 1994 case in which 7-year-old Erin McKenzie disappeared at her Anderson apartment complex. Like German and Williams, she was found the next day.

Police investigated for three weeks before they made an arrest.
Erin's killing garnered statewide and national news coverage in a time before social media and smartphones made the rumor mill supersonic.

Her case has similarities to German and Williams' killings.
Both cases shocked the community, injecting fear into otherwise peaceful cities. In both instances, late-night searches for the victims turned up nothing until the morning; and in both cases, a search warrant was served as the media broadcast the event, making an innocent person appear guilty.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...stigation-means-keeping-low-profile/98214716/

Yeah, but this isn't the time to "make a point"(i.e. the girls are bigger than the killer). The purpose of the billboard is to ID a killer.

I, for the life of me, cannot understand why the suspect's photo is not the larger photo but I do acknowledge that the FBI is smarter than I and that a lot of planning went into the layout of the billboard.

My brainstorm of the day, posted above - but I'll repeat since this board is crazy fast.

I'm wondering if the perp videotaped the murders and uploaded them on some sick site. Perhaps the LE agencies are putting the girls' photos so large to prompt someone who has seen them online to call in a tip.

Ugly thought....but the decision to make the girls photos so large was not an casual one, imo, but done on purpose.

(Yes, I've read that there are signs with his picture as being dominant.)

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change

The girls were not allowed to leave. That is kidnapping by law enforcement definition.

The news piece is from over a year ago. A personal can easily lose or gain 30lbs in that time.

I have a question......
Is this a kidnapping ?

They were murdered but not taken AFAIK.
Anyone?

I believe this is referring to him getting the girls to walk down there. Tough to control two girls.

I touched on this previously when I mentioned that maybe Abby was used as bait to control Liberty.

That or he had help waiting. Controlling two girls would be very hard unless one was knocked out. And if he alone was controlling both, I'd expect to see a bigger crime scene as they fought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni