50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too long ago, we all talked about a media blitz. Contacting major owners of media outlets, such as tv, radio, newspapers, magazines.

Also, setting up a myspace page and facebook page for Benjaman Kyle.
Maybe setting up a website of Benjaman Kyle, like so many other missing people have. Of course, BK is not missing, just his identity.
Adding him to other missing person sites, such as Project Jason. I hope it is okay to note their forum on this one.

The idea was to really go full force on this.
I think we got derailed with the y dna information. BK also said he was working
on his own blog. But as far as I can tell, that has not happened.
What do people think? Should we go full steam ahead?

Does anyone know what Mr. Kyle's thoughts are regarding how deeply he wants people to look for his identity? It's hard to know if/when any of the searching causes him discomfort since he's not here. Has he expressed anything in regards to what he is or isn't comfortable with? :blowkiss:

(I'm not implying that anyone has done anything wrong or anything like that, I am just curious if Mr. Kyle has any input that we should hear?)

Going full speed ahead with a myspace or something like that sounds like a good idea, I think a "who am I" page or something along those lines could be a good tool, but is it possible to get approval from Mr Kyle beforehand or am I over thinking it?

Not too long ago, we all talked about a media blitz. Contacting major owners of media outlets, such as tv, radio, newspapers, magazines.

Also, setting up a myspace page and facebook page for Benjaman Kyle.
Maybe setting up a website of Benjaman Kyle, like so many other missing people have. Of course, BK is not missing, just his identity.
Adding him to other missing person sites, such as Project Jason. I hope it is okay to note their forum on this one.

The idea was to really go full force on this.
I think we got derailed with the y dna information. BK also said he was working
on his own blog. But as far as I can tell, that has not happened.
What do people think? Should we go full steam ahead?

I will be getting back to what I promised. Sorry, it was income tax time plus had some personal stuff. I need to be able to devote major time in each sitting to do what I need to do. I don't want to start something then come back to it.

Believe was helping me with my draft, just have not had time to get to it.

I was also hoping to make contact with Benjaman but it didn't happen.

Just a small update. Today I decided a different approach to help identify Ben. I decided to post on a couple of boards on topix, "Do you think this man's voice is specific to your area?"

This is from West Plains, Mo
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/west-plains-mo/TU6F5S5MTNAKM5DLH

This is from Terre Haute, In
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/terre-haute-in/TB7Q7319ONO85OB4V

please give me your thougts, I have not listed Chicago, Wisconsin, Iowa, or Calf., do you all think we should?

Awesome.
Hopefully I'm allowed to copy over the few posts that I'm interested in..

Coast to Coast Callers - Oklahoma City, OK - Having taken 50-100 calls a day from all over the U.S. for a couple of years, and being a Missouri resident and native, I would bet money this man is not from Missouri, or at least not formed his speech and vernacular in Missouri.

I have heard some of the same tendencies in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio areas.
(i.e. "In-di-an-aaa'-po-lis)

My money says Illinois, Indiana, Southern California, Arizona, or Florida

Hmmm - Terre Haute, IN I do not think he is from southern Indiana but maybe NW. This sounds stupid but my brother lives in southern Wisconsin but was raised in Indiana and he reminds me of how he talks, not as pronounced but I heard it in how he says "Oh" and "that" with a d sound in the beginning and "old" when he talks about seeing himself in the mirror.

There are a quite a few Catholic schools in Indianapolis. Maybe the Archdiocese would be able to help.http://www.archindy.org/

One last idea the name Benjamin is also a surname in this area.

bmed5963 - Terre Haute, IN - The accent is DEFINITELY from the Chicagoland area. Southeast Wisconsin, Metro Chicago and Northwest Indiana residents are the only ones that talk like that.

Listening to his voice and his pronounciations I can't get a good grasp on where he sounds like he's from. Some of the Coloradan's (sp) I've met sound similar, but it seems like the "natives" have a more western tone (does that make sense?) and there are lots of transplants here (in our little area). I have friends in Iowa that he sounds similar to and I don't know anyone from Indiana or Illinois, so I don't have that to compare with. I don't think he's from Michigan, but even on the east side of Michigan compared to the West Side, there are different speech influences, so it's hard to tell.

Also, it's hard to focus on his speech because the "announcer's voice" in the one clip drowns out BK's voice.

Has there been a recording done of BK "alone"? I wonder if it would help if he could "record" himself reading or speaking?

Listening to his voice and his pronounciations I can't get a good grasp on where he sounds like he's from. Some of the Coloradan's (sp) I've met sound similar, but it seems like the "natives" have a more western tone (does that make sense?) and there are lots of transplants here (in our little area). I have friends in Iowa that he sounds similar to and I don't know anyone from Indiana or Illinois, so I don't have that to compare with. I don't think he's from Michigan, but even on the east side of Michigan compared to the West Side, there are different speech influences, so it's hard to tell.

Also, it's hard to focus on his speech because the "announcer's voice" in the one clip drowns out BK's voice.

Has there been a recording done of BK "alone"? I wonder if it would help if he could "record" himself reading or speaking?

To me, I hear some New Jersey in him, like he lived here for some time but left.

I've done tons of googling and can;t find any other voice recordings from him. The thing about him doing one now is he may have a different accent from where he currently lives.

To me, I hear some New Jersey in him, like he lived here for some time but left.

I've done tons of googling and can;t find any other voice recordings from him. The thing about him doing one now is he may have a different accent from where he currently lives.

You are probably better at guessing than I am. I don't discount Jersey, he kind of sounds nasal (I associate that with some areas when it's probably more sinus than regional). I have relatives in Jersey, but it's been so long since I've spoken to them, I don't remember clearly how they sound.

It's really hard for me to "guess" a region, I'm not skilled and most people I meet are transplants from other places.

What about the Nebraska area? Would that be a consideration in the posting of the voice recognition carolwood has been doing?

Is he still in the south? How quickly does an adult "pick up" the influence of a different accent? Amnesia is so mysterious!

You are probably better at guessing than I am. I don't discount Jersey, he kind of sounds nasal (I associate that with some areas when it's probably more sinus than regional). I have relatives in Jersey, but it's been so long since I've spoken to them, I don't remember clearly how they sound.

It's really hard for me to "guess" a region, I'm not skilled and most people I meet are transplants from other places.

Someone else suggested NJ as a possible place he'd lived.
There are different types of Jersey accents depending on where you live.

What about the Nebraska area? Would that be a consideration in the posting of the voice recognition carolwood has been doing?

Can't answer this.

Is he still in the south? How quickly does an adult "pick up" the influence of a different accent? Amnesia is so mysterious!

We don't know where he is, I think more so for his safety.

How about a media blitz targeted for the 5th anniversary of his discovery? Is there a way to contact nurse betty to see if this is something he/they want to try? Maybe something like this is actually already in the works.

I had emaile 48 Hours Mystery show about three weeks ago. Today I received an email back. They were polite, but did not say they would do a show about BK.
They didn't say they would not either.
Nice of them to respond. I have not received responses from so many of the shows I have emailed.

Last night, I went to Nancy Grace site and emailed a cold case idea: Benjaman Kyle and how after 4 1/2 years it still is not resolved.

I had emaile 48 Hours Mystery show about three weeks ago. Today I received an email back. They were polite, but did not say they would do a show about BK.
They didn't say they would not either.
Nice of them to respond. I have not received responses from so many of the shows I have emailed.

Last night, I went to Nancy Grace site and emailed a cold case idea: Benjaman Kyle and how after 4 1/2 years it still is not resolved.

Good job dream. I have never heard from Ellen show either. Did you do 60 minutes or Niteline? There are quite a few of these types shows.

Has anyone contacted "Dateline"? After last nights episode (2 murders unsolved) I wondered if Dateline was an option? Does anyone know if Mr. Kyle is interested in trying another media outlet?

I'm from PA and had a distinctive "accent", while growing up. Then I moved to GA and it didn't take long to pick up that accent. Probably months, certainly not even a year. But to me, that is an easy accent to pick up. But I always liked to imitate southern accents while I was growing up, so maybe that is why. But then when I moved to FL, I lost both my PA and GA accents. Don't know what I sound like now!

I havent been to this thread in quite a while, I was hoping there had been some progress. This is so frustrating. And hard to believe that there isn't someone, somewhere who recognizes him. There hasn't been a huge media blitz, but he has been in the Enquirer and on Dr. Phil and on the news in places. Very hard to believe!

I was watching HLN with the sound down and Bens' photo came up on the screen. Did anyone catch what they said about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth