GUILTY AR - Brandon Hutson for rape of 3yo girl, Springdale, 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Today's reoffending sex offender raped a three year old.

A little girl came to her mom in Wal-Mart and told her a man carried her into the bathroom and hurt her.

Using surveilance tape Wal-Mart caught Registered Sex Offender Brandon Hutson following the child around the store which he admitted to, but he said he did not rape her.

Rarely am I speechless.

http://www.katv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13063793

Brandon Wayne Hutson. This link is more up to date and the story different. The woman lost track of her little girl in the toy isle. My biggest nightmare that used to be. Toy isles. The woman's son came and told the mom that a man stole his sister. Within that ten minutes of looking for the child the little girl came running back to her mom.

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are responses at this link and a woman claims this guy raped her little 5 year old five years ago and she has been trying to get him locked up for good.

No reason for someone to just allege that about such a horrendous thing.

Again, I can't find this Brandon Wayne Hutson on the Sex Offender Registry I use?

Meanwhile, Izzy do we put this in the Wal-Mart shoppers please beware of all pedophiles cause they are in there? Or under my Reoffending offender of the day? I mean this is a baby. A 3 year old baby.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/...-accused-raping-girl-walmar/?nwa-fayetteville

Again, just to warn in case of triggers there is a lady saying he did this to her child as well.

i don't know what part pisses me off more the fact that it happened or that his "reoffending"

grrr waste of space kill em all...

O.K. this makes sense and it's thanks to unfortunately the poor woman who he raped her little boy.

That was in Webb City Missouri. He went to Arkansas. When he walked the lady flipped he wan't on the registry and had hounded officials. They said he had to be assessed to go the registry. "It takes time so be patient" they told her allegedly.

Meanwhile she said after that she found out family was covering for him. His Pop's is a sex offender and the woman links to some family member stuff. Obviously tiffed. Poor woman.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/...-accused-raping-girl-walmar/?nwa-fayetteville

Oh Filly, that just rips my heart out. The mom was probably shopping close by and this monster must have lured this baby away. I'm just not going to believe, until I hear otherwise, that the mom took her eyes off a three year old. My granddaughter turned 3 this week and she's a baby!!

Did this guy not realize or not care that Wal-mart has surveillance cameras everywhere. He admitted to walking around the store with her. Didn't the cameras show him heading to the restroom? I guess I know the answers. All he cared about was his lust.

Here's a couple of thoughts. Parents, teach your children to scream when they lose sight of you. Never ever let it be a game to not answer if their name is called. The best way to get in trouble in our home was to not answer Mom or Dad when your name was called. It's the simplest of all safety rules. And if a little one yells "MOM" or "DAD" in a store, a manager or security need to be immediately alerted and a group of caring adults freeze until that baby is reunited with the correct parents. If anything seems off, whip out that cell phone and call 911.

Lastly, there's a comment under one of the articles that leaves me shaking my head in pain and shock. A commenter asks a question. No question is a bad question, right? We all need to learn. This commenter wants to know just how a grown man rapes a baby. I don't know how to respond. Bless her heart. She doesn't read what we read everyday. She must not know the statistics. Babies get raped everyday.

Every single day.

Oh Filly, that just rips my heart out. The mom was probably shopping close by and this monster must have lured this baby away. I'm just not going to believe, until I hear otherwise, that the mom took her eyes off a three year old. My granddaughter turned 3 this week and she's a baby!!

Did this guy not realize or not care that Wal-mart has surveillance cameras everywhere. He admitted to walking around the store with her. Didn't the cameras show him heading to the restroom? I guess I know the answers. All he cared about was his lust.

Here's a couple of thoughts. Parents, teach your children to scream when they lose sight of you. Never ever let it be a game to not answer if their name is called. The best way to get in trouble in our home was to not answer Mom or Dad when your name was called. It's the simplest of all safety rules. And if a little one yells "MOM" or "DAD" in a store, a manager or security need to be immediately alerted and a group of caring adults freeze until that baby is reunited with the correct parents. If anything seems off, whip out that cell phone and call 911.

Lastly, there's a comment under one of the articles that leaves me shaking my head in pain and shock. A commenter asks a question. No question is a bad question, right? We all need to learn. This commenter wants to know just how a grown man rapes a baby. I don't know how to respond. Bless her heart. She doesn't read what we read everyday. She must not know the statistics. Babies get raped everyday.

Every single day.

Iz, from what I am reading he didn't even have to lure the poor baby. He picked her up and ran. Maybe not as fast as to set someone's radar off, but he's up on kidnapping charges.

O/T sort of and I have said this before. Big stores like this I mean it makes me hypervenilate. So, so easy to stalk. I don't like how they are set up. Another reason with my ex I was just like "No, you can't go look at CD's or a book while a five year old goes off to the toy isle. Ya can't" I mean these stores are on major highways where they easily could take a child out of there.

Indeed they have cameras. You think they care? It always brings me back to the Kelsey Smith case. It breaks my heart.

Meanwhile the worse part is as the woman whose son he attacked it takes time. Be patient. Oh O.K. It's not the question of "if" it is "when".

Not surprising this dude has lived all over the place. State to State and there is absolutely an odd genetic thing goin on there. Absolutely.

Good safety tip as well, Izzy.

It's back to school time. These perps know parents are frazzled. They are getting supplies for the kids. New clothing. Of course kids want to run to the toy isle. Just like the poor person that asked how that could be done to a child as opposed to an adult. People do not know. Yes they will take your kid from you within two feet if you do not watch. That's what they set out to do.

Long gone are the days where kids could enjoy looking at toys while mom or dad perused the home improvement isles. This is one of my worst nightmares in stores like Walmart, K-Mart etc. I'm always hypervigilant when out with my kids. That this monster so easily lured her away is maddening.

Prayers to this little one. Thank goodness she made it out alive. This perp will get his in lockup. Maybe not yet, but oh we can bet it's coming. I for one will feel no sympathy when he's dolled out some of the pain he's inflicted on his victims.

The detective that worked our child rape case told us an interesting analogy about predators. He asked if we'd ever watched a dog while a turkey was being carved. That's all that exists for the dog--the meat. They have laser like focus. If you turn your back, the dog will forget every single thing its every been taught and lunge for the turkey. They don't care if they get caught. They don't care if they get smacked on the nose. All they care about is that they got hold of a piece of meat and they will gobble it down faster than the blink of an eye.

Of course I realize that some dogs can be trained not to do this. Others are just too short (I chose those dogs). But I still think it's a great analogy. If you remember it when you're standing in the school supply aisle, your little ones will be far safer.

A little off topic but I want to say this "publicly" because I know others feel the same:

Missizzy, I just luv you. Your contibution, the experiences & knowledge you bring to Websleuths Forum is an immeasurable asset. I am so thankful for wonderful people like you who advocate for children. You have made a difference in many lives.... God bless you!

The article seems a little skimpy on information. I know media needs to protect the identity of the child, but the article doesn't mention if the mother had informed store employees that her child was missing. Did she tell anyone that her son had told her that a man took his sister?

IF she did inform the store of the disappearance of her daughter, it seems to me that the bathrooms should have been immediately searched, the child found and returned to the mother. But instead, the little girl is released by the pedophile and runs to find her mother, apparently without attracting the attention of any store employee. So either we have a mom who did not raise an alarm, or store employees who did a very, very poor job of looking for this child.

I'm going to be absolutely speechless if it turns out this mother did not immediately contact an employee when her son told her a man took his sister.

this makes me feel so sick my teeth are chattering, not sure that's ever happened before.

I'm trying to keep in mind that turkey/dog analogy up there but I still dont get it. I must feel very grateful that I am not WIRED to understand.

I have a three year old also. big stores are stressful for me cause I cant take an eye off him, I really cant. it just isnt worth the risk as there are some seriously *advertiser censored***d up people out there. luckily he prefers to be carried anyways and when I start to feel tired of that I should keep this in mind and feel very glad indeed.

poor lil girl. I hope she is able to heal peacefully. it had to have been so terrible for her.

I hate these stories, and I hate it also that any time I go to WM I see little children running all over the place, so easy for a preditor to get ahold of one.
Hopefully the will be locked up for life, but somehow I doubt it.

VB

This story just breaks my heart. I am not blaming the mom but we have to do everything we can to make sure our kids are protected. That is why every week my daughter and I practice her “You are not my mommy/daddy” yell. She is 3 ½. I come up with a scene – You and mommy are in the store and a nice lady touches your arm. What should you do? – She yells at the top of her lungs “Don’t touch me. You are not my mommy”. I have tried to teach her that if we are in public that it is not okay for a stranger to touch her ANYWHERE – the arm, the head, etc. Am I being extreme? Most likely. But I would rather her embarrass someone than something bad happen to her.
Though I am waiting for the day that I tell her she can’t have a toy and she starts screaming “You are not my mommy”.

2goldfish--I didn't get it until my children had been raped literally in my back yard and in their school restroom. The defense even tried to use that as a reason the rapes couldn't have happened. We all would have heard. I could hardly believe it myself. Then I started talking to LE and the therapists at the children's advocacy center. At some point I read:

"Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists, And Other Sex Offenders" by Anna C. Salter

There's a passage in that book about how many sex offenders really get a thrill out of the riskiest offending--in the back seat of a car while the parent is driving, under a picnic blanket at dusk while the entire family is milling around, and so on. Some of the stories just stop you in your tracks. Seriously risk-taking offenders (and not all get off on the risk) are tremendously dangerous as they can't stop themselves and they don't even care if they get caught. It's literally like sleight of hand.

Watch the video on our thread titled "Brutal rape caught on video" and that is a full grown woman!! Think about how tricky Earl Bradley was with his tiny victims. Sometimes, I think the boldness actually causes us to let our guard down. If someone is skulking or sneaking about, we watch them. These guys swoop in and grab. Just like a dog for that meat.

Poor baby. Poor mom. Sick freak. And the sick twisted beat goes on. I hope they are able to finally lock this predator up for good and hope the little girl is able to move on without this event terrorizing her dreams.

A little off topic but I want to say this "publicly" because I know others feel the same:

Missizzy, I just luv you. Your contibution, the experiences & knowledge you bring to Websleuths Forum is an immeasurable asset. I am so thankful for wonderful people like you who advocate for children. You have made a difference in many lives.... God bless you!

Yeah, she's alright, noZme. :D

This is so true. MissIzzy we love ya, lady. Thank you.:blowkiss:

Isles. I'm no expert, but I now get what my mom always hated about malls and stores like Target' and Wal-Mart. It's how they are laid out. How they are set-up for us to see and want more. Of course. However, it's plain dangerous.

Just today I'm in a local fairly large convenience/buy groceries/get your medicine chain. They are all getting revamped. You need more.

This means the isles are different. More vertical than horizontal. I find the Greeting cards and I see this guy reading a magazine. Fine. However he's not facing the magazines themselves. May be waiting for medicine. I hear a child's like sing song voice a little as I look for my card. Maybe an isle or two over. I see the guy still holding the magazine move down.

Then I hear a male's voice "Come on pick one out already". Is it that guy? Is it a dad? A brother? Magazine man moved. "What one did you get her daddy?" I hear "I got her a sweetheart. Now come on".

You know I'm watching and looking. Seemed fine and the child and daddy paid up front it seemed. Ain't magazine man looking at "stuff"? I'm paranoid. Interesting it's all "stuff" on the end caps. He ain't looking at anything in the middle of the isles which leaves Mr. Magazine Man free to watch kids.

As I went up to pay I saw the child and dad leave. I'm paying and don't Mr. Magazine Man leave with nothing. Nada. Nill.

Now, was he seriously staring at a particular child? I think so. Then I hear my neighbor calling me loud. I said "Wait a minute". I went and looked in the lot and didn't see him.

Talked to my neighbor and then told the kid that manages to keep an eyeball peeled. I gave his description. He said some people do just come into look and not buy anything.

I bet. I don't like the set up. Poor baby Adam Walsh was in the toy isle.

Daddy's don't leave your lil one to go allllllllllllllllll the way over for a sweetheart card. Mom rather have her baby come home safe then have that card.

bond??? omg. how about lock up and throw the key away?

bond??? omg. how about lock up and throw the key away?

That's what I was thinking. This guy has clearly demonstrated (more than once..) that he cannot behave in society. So, why he even has bond is beyond me.

Bond? Unbelievable!

No, not really... happens all the time.

You know the "church" group that loves to protest at the most inappropriate places? I wish they would focus on things like this instead of places like the vigil for a murdered girl last night, soldiers' funerals , etc.

One of the reasons I started wearing long flow-y skirts was that I had 7 children under 6 years old all at one time. When I went out alone, two would go in the cart, some would hold onto the cart and the rest would have to hold on to my skirt. If anybody let go, I stopped until they grabbed hold again. Yes, I'm certain I looked like a opossum!! Obviously, I didn't go out alone (what a joke!!) very often. We live in a town of 20,000 and the stores are small.

If I had it to do all over again, I would use "reins" and I wouldn't care what anybody thought. I'm 55, a mother of 14, a grandmother of 8 and I've been around the block. It would be reins for me. I learned about them when my Canadian daughter-by-marriage bought some for her toddler for an overseas trip. They were a godsend in the airport. I had to admit they were just the ticket.

I've heard that there are all sorts of really cute and age appropriate reins which attach to backpacks available in the UK and Canada. I really do NOT understand why they haven't taken hold here. I know there's a stigma as they seem like a leash but don't we strap our babies into plastic seats in the car for safety, rather than swaddling them up against our bodies or laying them on the seat? We do that for safety even though we've all dealt with frenzied and tired and angry little ones who would FAR rather be held than strapped in. We do what's best for their safety.

I think the tide has to turn. I was showing my 21 (last weekend!!) year old son some old photos of me coming home from the hospital after giving birth in 1974. He looked at the photos and said, "Wait, where were you putting M?" I told him that in those days the nurse just handed the baby to the Mom in the front seat. He was gob-smacked. He's in criminology classes and does ride-alongs with local LE. I'm sure he's seen a number of citations for improper carseat use. As shocking or disturbing as reins might "look", I think we might need to give them a try.

Do a google search and look up "toddler backpack reins" and see what you think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back