CA - Jacob Berlinghoff arrested for sex charges- victim under 14

impatientredhead

Reaction score
This was posted in Jean Marie Berlinghoff's thread, but the criminal case in that thread is really about her abductor/uncle Charles Berlinghoff, so I started a thread for Jake's arrest.

Jean does not have a forum, so I am not sure if this it's own thread, or since it is a family member but different defendant and different victim it is its own. Mods please delete if need be.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/In_Custody/incustody.aspx
Charges and Mugshot here by last name.
Annoying/molesting a child- 647.6a

Lewd acts with a child under 14 years of age-288 a pc
oral copulation with a child under the age of 14, felony

Sexual Battery 243.4 e 1

all are RSO crimes

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/dec/24/jacob-berlinghoff-jailed-connection-sex-related-ch/ (posted originally by TexasMist)

Jacob Daniel Berlinghoff, 33, of Redding was arrested Thursday on suspicion of sex-related charges. e was being held in Shasta County jail early this morning on suspicion of sexual battery, annoying a child, and lewd and lascivious behavior with a child under 14. He was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail. Further information on the arrest and charges couldn't be obtained early this morning from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, which was the arresting agency.

Phew. Just wow. And just before Christmas, too.
It is possible that this is a retaliation charge, from either CB or JeB or both. Trying to make the case that CB was actually rescuing JeB from a bad situation.

It is possible that this is a valid charge. Which is just too ugly and too coincidental. Would make a case for the genetic link for incest, pedophilia, sexual abuse, etc.

wth?! I'm gonna head over to Jean-Marie's thread

I'm so confused now ...

This was posted in Jean Marie Berlinghoff's thread, but the criminal case in that thread is really about her abductor/uncle Charles Berlinghoff, so I started a thread for Jake's arrest.

Jean does not have a forum, so I am not sure if this it's own thread, or since it is a family member but different defendant and different victim it is its own. Mods please delete if need be.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/In_Custody/incustody.aspx
Charges and Mugshot here by last name.
Annoying/molesting a child- 647.6a

Lewd acts with a child under 14 years of age-288 a pc
oral copulation with a child under the age of 14, felony

Sexual Battery 243.4 e 1

all are RSO crimes

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/dec/24/jacob-berlinghoff-jailed-connection-sex-related-ch/ (posted originally by TexasMist)

Jacob Daniel Berlinghoff, 33, of Redding was arrested Thursday on suspicion of sex-related charges. e was being held in Shasta County jail early this morning on suspicion of sexual battery, annoying a child, and lewd and lascivious behavior with a child under 14. He was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail. Further information on the arrest and charges couldn't be obtained early this morning from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, which was the arresting agency.

Link from redhead's post BBM

I noticed that it lists both CB and JB share a birthday...July 20th. CB was born in 1966 and JB in 1977. I know this doesn't really pertain to their arrests and charges ... just thought it was an odd coincidence.

I feel horrible for this family if these charges against JB are true...in particular for JeB. She has been through so much and now to deal with this. I just don't know what to make of this!

Wow! I am shocked to say the least. Never would have expected this. Does not seem as if the man we saw begging for his childs return would have done the same with someone else's child or even ... will not go there just yet. Very sad. I hope it is not his own daughter, but I don't want it to be anyone elses daughter either. If his own, then it may explain her actions. How sad for this family.

I have sick feeling the victim is Jean.

Part of me *wants* to believe this is said in anger by a girl who thinks she is protecting her uncle.

And a bigger part thinks if it is her and it is true it answers some major questions for me, like how is a 15 year old girl comfortable telling her friends she is dating her hot uncle????

My family was wildly dysfunctional and I would knew not to say uncles were hot. That struck me as really odd right of the bat. We know the uncle told his roommate he met a hot 18 year old. Knew to lie about her age and her relationship.

It concerned me for Jean's boundaries and understanding of how people would view that (whether she is underage or not, many people don't get it, and never will).

If the case is based on Jean at 13, I cannot for the life of me imagine the police took a statement with no physical evidence given only after her uncle who "didn't rape her" and "she loves" was charged.

If this what they are dealing with this must be some serious evidence. Like it was disclosed and known before she disappeared. It was documented somewhere prior,diary, therapy????

For once I am speechless, what a shock I did not see it coming.

Merry Christmas Friends!

Updated with a couple of new details and comments from Jean's mother.
Jean has been with her mother since her return.
The mother has stayed out of the press due to a high risk pregnancy.
From what she says in the article it would lead you to think Jean the minor in question. I remain perplexed and confused.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/dec/24/jacob-berlinghoff-jailed-connection-sex-related-ch/

Vega said she was shocked to hear about Jacob Berlinghoff’s arrest. She entered “WOW REALLY!” as her Facebook status this morning.
In a telephone interview with the Record Searchlight, she said she didn’t know any details about why the sheriff’s office arrested Jacob Berlinghoff.
“I’m not real clear on everything going on with that,” she said. “…I don’t know who it involves.”

12/25/10
I received VIVE notification @2:48 AM EST today that Jacob has bonded out of jail.

Snipped:

Updated with a couple of new details and comments from Jean's mother.
Jean has been with her mother since her return.
The mother has stayed out of the press due to a high risk pregnancy.
From what she says in the article it would lead you to think Jean the minor in question. I remain perplexed and confused.”

I am confused. If anyone thought Jean was being abused why was she still living with her dad? I think this new story may just explain a lot of things after it is all said and done. I feel sorry for her - another young child exploited for someone else's satisfaction. Makes me feel sick.

A Jan. 31 arraignment date has been set in Shasta County Superior Court for Jacob Daniel Berlinghoff of Redding, 33, who was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of sex-related charges.
Berlinghoff, who was released from the Shasta County jail on Christmas Eve after his $50,000 bail was posted, is the father of a 15-year-old Redding girl who went missing for 31 days with her uncle, Charles David Berlinghoff, 44, of Los Angeles.
Jacob Berlinghoff is to be arraigned on one felony count of lewd and lascivious behavior with a child under 14, as well as single misdemeanor counts of annoying a child and sexual battery, according to electronic Superior Court records.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/dec/27/arraignment-date-set-jacob-berlinghoff/

Was reading comments on FB, and the posters were talking about rumors about JaB's pushing for sexual favors from potential actresses in his films.
If you search "JaB" on Gabberface (cool search engine that finds all references on FB newsfeeds), it's the fourth one on the list, a "KP", female. (except you would use JaB's full name, not his initials).

I know FB is a rumor mill, but it was interesting hearing two people talk about it. Makes me think it was NOT JeB who filed the claim against him.

Report details accusation against Jacob Berlinghoff

December 30, 2010 at 10:46 p.m.

Ten hours after her 31-day disappearance with her uncle ended, a Redding teen told a detective that her father forced her to drink alcohol and fondled her as punishment in fall 2008.
The 15-year-old girl told Shasta County sheriff’s Detective Brian Jackson that her father, Jacob Daniel Berlinghoff, 33, of Redding, put his hand on her thigh and up her shirt after ordering her to drink until she nearly passed out, court records show. The teen said the incident was one of the reasons she ran away.
“The victim told me she did not want to go to ‘the law’ when it occurred but the incident played a part with her wanting to leave,” Jackson wrote in a report he filed Dec. 15.

more at link......
http://www.redding.com/news/2010/dec/30/report-details-accusation/

Well, I have to say I am glad there wasn't yet another victim tied to this family. I am not sure if they will come to resolution on this. If it is a he-said, she-said issue, what will the courts do?

This seems to be a very sad family structure with a lot of issues. Initially, I took her dad to be a very sympathetic person when he was pleading for his daughter, but now don't know what to think. In any event, uncle needs to go to jail. I don't know how the accusations against the father will be substaniated or refuted. A judge may have to decide who is telling the truth.

I honestly don't know who to believe in this case. I don't even know how they are going to prove what's true and what isn't.

I too took her father to be a very caring loving parent who was worried about his daughter's disappearance.

Whatever the case is, I hope JeB is getting the counseling she really needs.

I honestly don't know who to believe in this case. I don't even know how they are going to prove what's true and what isn't.

I too took her father to be a very caring loving parent who was worried about his daughter's disappearance.

Whatever the case is, I hope JeB is getting the counseling she really needs.

From the articles that just came out, she is starting counseling soon. I hope her parents are part of that counseling.

UPDATED: Jacob Berlinghoff pleads not guilty to fondling daughter

The father of a Redding teen who went missing for a month last fall pleaded not guilty this morning to charges that he fondled her in 2008.

[snip]

Ten hours after a 31-day disappearance with her uncle ended, Jacob Berlinghoff’s 15-year-old daughter made the claims that her father put his hand on her thigh and up her shirt in 2008. She said it was one of the reasons she ran away from Nov. 10 to Dec. 11.

More: http://www.redding.com/news/2011/jan/31/jacob-berlinghoff-pleads-not-guilty-fondling-daugh/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back