Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators said Monday that the bizarre deaths of an Arizona multi-millionaire's son and girlfriend at the historic Spreckels Mansion on Coronado may be related after all.

Last week, San Diego Sheriff's investigators said they had no evidence linking the two incidents, but Monday a homicide detective said the two tragedies may be connected after all, but declined to elaborate.

Results of an autopsy on Zahau have been sealed. Sgt. Frank said toxicology results are pending, but a determination on whether Zahau took her own life or was murdered should come later this week.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ronado-mansion-deaths-20110718,0,323715.story

Maybe a connection in that the tragedy of Max’s “incident” brought someone to town….

A heavy duty electrical cord….

Like others I’m thinking of the ropes around barges and tugs similar in bulk and length but with practice used with ease….

But why would a killer leave such items on the body when it is sure to cause suspicion?

Unless that person is out of touch with reality and is unable to determine what others would perceive as suspicious.

Some one that is so disordered that they live a life far removed from their wildly successful brother so much so that they are unable to fit into a conventional role even in the most rudimentary way so as to benefit from any generosity.

That all instead of my notion of an idyllic Twain-ish life on the Mississippi with only basic housing to hang a hat when not on the river and a deliberate contrasting of a sibling’s materialistic image driven lifestyle.

Someone having happened on to a defense attorney retaining the attorney.

all imo

Thanks for the link.

Looking at the photo of the staircase, plush carpeting makes it even more difficult for me to believe Max died from that fall. There's more to this story, imo.

15075598_BG10.jpg

At the base of the stairs is marble flooring. We had marble flooring in our previous home and I was always nervous when kids would run in our house. It could crack your skull for sure. I wonder if he fell all the way to the bottom of those stairs?

ETA: Never mind I copied and zoomed in on the pic above. It looks like carpet and not marble.

Why was the sister's fb comment removed? It was a loving message. I'm confused about that.

From what I've been able to tell, her profile was public and then went private after the media reported her comment. The comment may still be there, we just can't see it anymore. FWIW, I would do the same if the media started reporting on my Facebook. It's meant for friends and family, not the whole world.

Perhaps he fell from a higher area of the stairs (see arrow), hit the chandelier, smashed into the table, etc. That would be very serious. Also, this is an old photo - we do not know if he had done any renovations in that area...perhaps removing carpeting? Wooden floors? Hitting his head, breaking his neck along the way, hitting head on bannister... etc...just speculating.

2cn73x3.jpg

That's a good point. Also, we know that this photo is from before JS bought the mansion. The carpet and decorating are very outdated, I would not expect them to still be there since JS had done some updating.

A team of 15 detectives is investigating the death of a woman at the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado but determining the cause could take weeks, sheriff's officials said Wednesday.

Detectives from the San Diego County Sheriff's, Coronado Police and the California Justice departments are investigating the circumstances around the death of Rebecca Nalepa, 32, the girlfriend of mansion owner Jonah Shacknai, a pharmaceutical industry executive.

When firefighters, police and paramedics arrived at the 27-room mansion on Ocean Boulevard, Nalepa's nude body was on the grass, her feet were still tied together, but her hands were not.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...probing-womans-death-at-coronado-mansion.html

For some reason, this is what I keep picturing in my mind. A 6 yo jumping from the railing, hanging on the chandelier and the chandelier breaking loose and crashing to the floor on top of the boy. From that point a lot depends on how he lands (broken neck?) and how heavy the chandelier was. Obviously I don't know, but this is what I think happened from the reports.

IMO The chandelier had nothing to do with it. I think he went over the railing and landed near the bottom of the stairs, not fell down them.

IMO The chandelier had nothing to do with it. I think he went over the railing and landed near the bottom of the stairs, not fell down them.

I think you're right. We had a balcony of sorts overlooking a foyer...I often worried about a fall on the ceramic tile, over the railing.

For some reason, this is what I keep picturing in my mind. A 6 yo jumping from the railing, hanging on the chandelier and the chandelier breaking loose and crashing to the floor on top of the boy. From that point a lot depends on how he lands (broken neck?) and how heavy the chandelier was. Obviously I don't know, but this is what I think happened from the reports.

Interesting theory! In your scenario, I wonder if a step sister could have challenged him to do it?

Anyone seen/read confirmation that the chandelier did indeed fall?

TIA

That's a good point. Also, we know that this photo is from before JS bought the mansion. The carpet and decorating are very outdated, I would not expect them to still be there since JS had done some updating.

Right, we have no idea what the house looks like now.
IMO

Wasn't there a media report that mentioned the chandelier? I thought there was, but maybe I'm confused. I can't find it now.

Strange if the boy fell over a railing and then 11/2 days later Rebecca ends up over a railing...

I'll bet 5 bucks her death is ruled a suicide.....not that *I* believe it really is

I don't have enough faith in the system to bet against that...I, too, believe it was no suicide...but when there's money, power and the drug industry share prices involved? Anything goes, imo. I read Medics stock fell today by almost 5%.

Maybe a connection in that the tragedy of Max’s “incident” brought someone to town….

A heavy duty electrical cord….

Like others I’m thinking of the ropes around barges and tugs similar in bulk and length but with practice used with ease….

But why would a killer leave such items on the body when it is sure to cause suspicion?

Unless that person is out of touch with reality and is unable to determine what others would perceive as suspicious.

Some one that is so disordered that they live a life far removed from their wildly successful brother so much so that they are unable to fit into a conventional role even in the most rudimentary way so as to benefit from any generosity.

That all instead of my notion of an idyllic Twain-ish life on the Mississippi with only basic housing to hang a hat when not on the river and a deliberate contrasting of a sibling’s materialistic image driven lifestyle.

Someone having happened on to a defense attorney retaining the attorney.

all imo

You are definitely a poetic sort of soul :)

Right now though, I still think the Mark Twainish brother would be the more contemplative and less reactive one of the two or three. Who has a history of rage and physical abuse? Who thinks it's just fine and dandy to call the police out being paid for by the public several times because they aren't in control enough of themselves, who thinks that it's ok to later act like it was just a little problem time they needed to go through. In my book, it's pretty darn unacceptable to start threatening your child's mother or father just because there's a divorce ensuing. Put on your big pants and act like responsible adults. Don't get everyone involved when it pleases you, ask them to pay for it in time and money while your drinking pina colada's on your yacht the next day, then later tell everyone it's none of their business. No, I'm not so sure this was caused by someone who just floating on a humble raft, but maybe that person did become embedded in someone else's story and the rage reflected through them.

You think she accidentially threw herself off a balcony with a rope around her neck and hands bound behind her?

IF there was a way to spin this, that wouldn't suprise me.

NO, I don't think it was an accident, it is imo murder.
Didn't you see the :waitasec: icon.
IMO

You think she accidentially threw herself off a balcony with a rope around her neck and hands bound behind her?

The really odd thing to me is the 'party'... why/what would a party be about while the son is in a coma? Or was there a party at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy