IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Preparations for this undertaking began within days of Lauren Spierer being reported missing on June 3,” Qualters stated in a news release. The 20-year-old was reportedly last seen about 4:30 a.m. that Friday at the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue, walking south.

Dumpsters in the area of 11th and College had been searched by police “... immediately after Spierer was reported missing,” Qualters stated.

“While working with the company that operates the landfill, Republic Services, waste that was taken from the city on and around the dates of Spierer’s disappearance was identified at the landfill site. That location within the landfill has remained isolated and secured since that time with no additional waste placed in the identified area,” the release states.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/08/16/news.qp-4595934.sto

BBM

That answers a lot of the questions/outrage that was swirling around for awhile regarding the dumpsters and the landfill. Good to know.

As badly as I have wanted them to search the landfill, seeing the pictures of everyone searching makes me feel so horribly sad that her poor little body might be there :(

What thoughts does anyone have about possible evidence they might find?

I suppose if they found her bloody or torn clothing it may mean something, but I doubt they would find that without her. I wonder even if they find her body if it will tell us anything. Lots of time has passed. I feel like we would at least know if it was an OD or not.

I wonder what forensic evidence they are on the lookout for besides the obvious, clothing, shoes. Surely there are other telltale items. Maybe?

Good question and I am clueless......but it is a good question!

According to news reports, she had at least one piece of designer jewelry on that night (David Yurman, I believe) ... if she is found and that isn't, it could mean something (and vice versa). And torn clothing, as noted above.

Not sure what else. It's very sad and scary, though we know the family needs closure.

I think they will find her body or nothing at all. It doesn't seem like she had anything else with her to find. I can't see somebody throwing her clothes away separately. But honestly, I don't feel that her body is in the landfill. I think that if somebody harmed her, they placed her body somewhere more secretive than a public landfill. JMO

Hard to judge rumors. Sometimes college students exaggerate. How would this scenario work? CR gave LS the drugs; LS then takes the drugs of her own free will; then, the guys back at Smallwood go into a rage, and start a fight with CR.

The underlying assumption is that the guys at Smallwood had strong feelings of protectiveness toward LS, almost the way that they would feel for their own younger sister.

I have a hard time with this assumption simply because, AFAWK none of those "protective guys" have come forward with any info that could help to find LS.

I think they will find her body or nothing at all. It doesn't seem like she had anything else with her to find. I can't see somebody throwing her clothes away separately. But honestly, I don't feel that her body is in the landfill. I think that if somebody harmed her, they placed her body somewhere more secretive than a public landfill. JMO

The body wouldn't have been placed directly in the landfill -- it would have been in a dumpster and then transferred to the landfill. If the boys involved were the ones getting rid of the body, that has always made the most sense to me because it would have taken very little planning/execution.

Regarding other forensic evidence they might be looking for... drug paraphanalia, perhaps? And they may have tips/reports that indicate other possibly incriminating evidence.

I'm just so glad to have the question of why this has taken so long adequately answered. I've felt all along that LE was probably doing a pretty adequate job in this investigation or the family would have been pushing for more. It's been frustrating to listen to all the grousing about why LE wasn't doing more... the whole issue of the public demanding info that really needs to be kept under wraps if maddening IMHO.

"The people who were Lauren's friends and acquaintances left town soon after she disappeared. We haven't heard from them. Attach whatever you want to that, those are the facts," Robert Spierer said."

http://www.wthr.com/story/15275722/...andfill-in-spierer-case#.TkrHoIlpDlk.facebook

also saw something quoted from CS saying they don't believe JR. will have to look but i think it was from the love for lauren fb page.

The parents seem to be getting more and more open/aggressive with their comments about who they think is lying. Would there be any repercussions if they did actually say HEY JR YOU ARE LYING legally or otherwise?
I am respectfully holding out for the link of CS actually saying that for the moment :)

BBM

Although I post here infrequently, a thought occurred to me while I was reading this post. Do any of you who read these posts believe that the attorneys of the POI's, (one, some, or all) had conversations with their clients that included a question or questions along the lines of, "how do you feel about the announcement that LE is going to search the landfill?"

I remember that we have an attorney or two, unconnected to this case, who post here occasionally so I'm curious to know if that is a question you'd ask your client if that client were a POI here?

Thank you for your post.

The parents seem to be getting more and more open/aggressive with their comments about who they think is lying. Would there be any repercussions if they did actually say HEY JR YOU ARE LYING legally or otherwise?
I am respectfully holding out for the link of CS actually saying that for the moment :)

Regarding the part I bolded, if they blatantly say it that way, yes, there could be repercussions if he really wasn't lying, because that would then be slander. They could however say, "JR, we believe you are lying." While it may not be factual to emphatically state that someone is lying, it IS factual to state what you BELIEVE. If you state something as fact, and it is not, it can be construed as slander.

I have a hard time with this assumption simply because, AFAWK none of those "protective guys" have come forward with any info that could help to find LS.

That would help now, wouldn't it? IDK, but IMO, the confrontation might have been more about the guys protecting themselves from something than protecting LS. Perhaps she got caught in the middle of that ...

I believe it was from the live news report, if you have fb go on the "love for lauren" fb page some locals talk about it there.

Thanks, Gabby. Seems like they will need to be careful with their words.

Jennie-I will try to find it because that would be extremely interesting to me. It would mean one of two things for me-first being they have reason to believe he is lying and the second being they are desperate and starting to point fingers at the easiest target (the man who saw their daughter last and let her walk away while intoxicated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd