Baby Lisa's Crib

Patty G

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
From day one, it has bothered me on how high up the mattress is in the crib. I happened to find a video today, while looking for something else and I found this video.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44997955#44997955

The video shows two young children, probably near the age of Baby Lisa and how one of the children can get out of the crib.

Note in this crib, the mattress is down all the way, and the child can still get out of the crib.

Thoughts anyone?

When mommy was outside drinking her box of wine, the child was unattended and could have presumably climbed out of the bed. But where would she go? She couldn't even walk, she couldn't get far.

I agree that she could have easily gotten out of the crib IF that was the level of the mattress at the time she was there. But all of the containers in the crib make me wonder if maybe LE moved things around, like the hight of the mattress, when they were looking for hair and fibers. ???

I thought it was interesting that DB revealed this past week on Monday that she had placed Lisa in her crib at 6:40 and then had checked on her to see her standing in her crib.

I think we need to check Lisa's height to the height of the highest mattress setting and the lowest. I think Lisa could possible get out.

do we know if lisa's door was closed once she was put to bed?

I thought it was interesting that DB revealed this past week on Monday that she had placed Lisa in her crib at 6:40 and then had checked on her to see her standing in her crib.

I think we need to check Lisa's height to the height of the highest mattress setting and the lowest. I think Lisa could possible get out.

But even if she did, where would she go? Police searched all outside the house that very night. We are still stuck with the child disappearing.

I saw that video on tv. Pretty cute video, but glad I never had twin boys. lol

But watching it makes me even more certain that climbing out would probably not have killed her or injured her that badly. Both my kids eventually learned to flip themselves over and out of their cribs, and neither ever got hurt. We just had to move them to toddler beds.

She may have gotten out by herself, and been unattended, and something bad happened. Was there a bathtub full of water left for the boys? Did she walk or just crawl? Did she fall down some stairs?

I think LE raised the crib mattress in order to see under it. The bedskirt is bunched up at one end, like it got caught in the raising/lowering.

JMO

But watching it makes me even more certain that climbing out would probably not have killed her or injured her that badly. Both my kids eventually learned to flip themselves over and out of their cribs, and neither ever got hurt. We just had to move them to toddler beds.

She may have gotten out by herself, and been unattended, and something bad happened. Was there a bathtub full of water left for the boys? Did she walk or just crawl? Did she fall down some stairs?

Their house is one story, right? So no stairs. And I doubt that a fall from a crib is going to kill a child.

Didn't they say that Lisa was about 30 inches tall?

My daughter is 15 months, 32 inches and 23 lbs... She is in a toddler bed now, but when she was still in her crib (the mattress on the lowest setting) she would stand in there and the rail height was about chest level. If it had been set any higher, I swear it would have come to her waist...

She's in a toddler bed, with rails, now because I would rather have her fall 5 inches to the ground than 3.5 feet if she climbed out of her crib...

What a cute video! One of my daughters used to climb out of her crib and would do it exactly like that. She would get one foot hooked up on top and then just free fall to the floor. I just don't think that Lisa could have gotten into anything if she was able to climb out of her crib, unless maybe if someone had left water in the bathtub from a bath and Lisa crawled and climbed over or toppled over into the water.

But even if she did, where would she go? Police searched all outside the house that very night. We are still stuck with the child disappearing.

I think if Lisa got out of the crib, in this scenario she could have fallen down the basement stairs by crawling to the top of the stairs. She could have drowned in a tub, drowned in the toilet. I really think if it was an accident, DB would have called 911 from anywhere possible. I don't think she would cover up an accident, even if she were charged with negligence. I think Lisa likely met a more violent end. JMO

Thanks for posting this video, Patty! Ironically enough, our local news, nbcactionnews.com, showed this exact same clip right after airing extensive coverage about Lisa.

I know that as a baby--less than a year old--I was also able to climb out of my crib several times. My mom would often come in and find me sitting on my bedroom floor. :floorlaugh:

After seeing this video, it makes me wonder if maybe DB put Lisa in her crib, didn't shut her door so that she could hear her while she was outside (thus having the front window open), and Lisa got out of her crib on her own. Perhaps she fell down the stairs leading to the basement?

Does anyone know if there is a door that blocks off these stairs to the basement? InDaMiddle??? Do you recall seeing that?

ETA: Matou, you and I must be thinking along the same path! ;-)

Thanks for posting this video, Patty! Ironically enough, our local news, nbcactionnews.com, showed this exact same clip right after airing extensive coverage about Lisa.

I know that as a baby--less than a year old--I was also able to climb out of my crib several times. My mom would often come in and find me sitting on my bedroom floor. :floorlaugh:

After seeing this video, it makes me wonder if maybe DB put Lisa in her crib, didn't shut her door so that she could hear her while she was outside (thus having the front window open), and Lisa got out of her crib on her own. Perhaps she fell down the stairs leading to the basement?

Does anyone know if there is a door that blocks off these stairs to the basement? InDaMiddle??? Do you recall seeing that?

ETA: Matou, you and I must be thinking along the same path! ;-)

I'd gotten out of my crib myself and apparently got a huge black eye to prove it.
:floorlaugh:

In one of the interviews DB herself said Baby Lisa could crawl and just started walking.

Lisa's crib.....

53k5qp.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj