TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly wonder if her intense desire to relocate and "hide" wasn't due in part to her possible mental health and "paranoia". It really could be that simple

Might be, but OTOH after reading the Seattle Time's article, I am not sure that "Jane Doe" was the paranoid one.

The Ruffs have a Congressman friend who served on the House Intelligence Committee and he wanted to make sure that she was not a KGB mole so gave Jane's info/papers to Mr. Velling so he could investigate.

After she killed herself, family members had a sheriff's deputy meet them at her house to make sure it was not booby trapped.

As far as the scratch sheet found in the lock box..there were people's names on there who really do exist. Would a paranoid person take notes and use real people names? I know nothing about mental heath problems.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

IMO, all the critisims that the Ruffs had regarding her are rather mean spirited.

So what if she wanted an Easy Bake Oven..what was the context? Maybe she did not have one growing up and wanted to get one to share the fun with her daughter. So what if she took objects out of her daughter's mouth..I would too. I never got the big box of Crayons as a child and when I had kids I bought the big box for them.

From the Seattle Times: "The way Lori held her daughter, it didn’t appear she’d spent much time around babies, Blake said."

HER daughter? So what if she did not spend much time around babies? Wonder why Bake did not say OUR daughter? Might be the reporter did not quote verbatim?

And as far as the obsession to her hands, we only hear that from a pastor Denny who probably has no training as a therapist. And Blake cannot seem to speak for himself at counseling sessions as he has to have his brother translate for him.
Blake choses his family over her..moves back into his parent's house. This is normal how?

MOO:moo:

I am going to eat now. First I thought that I would share my low-tech visual guide of LEK's movements. I added details from all different sorts of online evidence. Numbers kind of go chronologically, but I think she used a lot of postal boxes too. Some of these addresses appear to be retail spots today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 96
Might be, but OTOH after reading the Seattle Time's article, I am not sure that "Jane Doe" was the paranoid one.

The Ruffs have a Congressman friend who served on the House Intelligence Committee and he wanted to make sure that she was not a KGB mole so gave Jane's info/papers to Mr. Velling so he could investigate.

After she killed herself, family members had a sheriff's deputy meet them at her house to make sure it was not booby trapped.

As far as the scratch sheet found in the lock box..there were people's names on there who really do exist. Would a paranoid person take notes and use real people names? I know nothing about mental heath problems.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

IMO, all the critisims that the Ruffs had regarding her are rather mean spirited.

So what if she wanted an Easy Bake Oven..what was the context? Maybe she did not have one growing up and wanted to get one to share the fun with her daughter. So what if she took objects out of her daughter's mouth..I would too. I never got the big box of Crayons as a child and when I had kids I bought the big box for them.

From the Seattle Times: "The way Lori held her daughter, it didn’t appear she’d spent much time around babies, Blake said."

HER daughter? So what if she did not spend much time around babies? Wonder why Bake did not say OUR daughter? Might be the reporter did not quote verbatim?

And as far as the obsession to her hands, we only hear that from a pastor Denny who probably has no training as a therapist. And Blake cannot seem to speak for himself at counseling sessions as he has to have his brother translate for him.
Blake choses his family over her..moves back into his parent's house. This is normal how?

Good points. Almost everything we know about her (that isn't supported by documents) is hearsay from her in-laws, and pretty harsh at that. I mean, the woman is dead and it's not like she killed her daughter or husband, as some women do. Did LEK have no friends? Or did they just not want to be interviewed?

:goodpost:
This is a terrific post! Very well written and puts into easy to read/understand context of what this "investigation" is based off of.

I so agree with you, 100%. If we all stopped to consider what any of our exes whom we didn't part so well with - could say about us, or their family for that matter - you will feel pity for LEK.

I actually asked for an easy bake oven a few years ago from a then long term bf. I never got one as a child, my mother felt I would abandon it and they were costly. He didn't feel my request as strange because everyone has a toy or big ticket item from their childhood that they still wish they did receive on a holiday or birthday. It has little to nothing to do with mental health status. It's absolutely no different than a grown man wanting that specific car he dreamed of growing up, that now he has the funds to purchase.

And the dig about the babies or lack of being around one; I think it was a very shallow comment her ex in-laws felt would paint her as a bad "woman". Some people are rather narrow minded and old fashioned in a sense, they think that a woman's place is in the kitchen, barefoot and birthing children. If you're not one to do that or have a natural "mothering" instinct - then there must be something wrong with you. :eye roll:

Her husband, the way he is described seems have been babied or controlled by everyone: from his brother speaking for him to his parents meddling in his personal life. Now, I'm unsure if he has a spectrum disorder OR it's really a mommas boy type thing. *this is not a dig at him what so ever*. I have been curious if the way her life has been dissected and spoken about is purely out of disdain by her ex inlaws and the thought process of someone never being good enough for their baby boy.

Maybe I read this wrong, and please correct me if I did; but did his parents investigate her BEFORE she committed suicide? Because if they had, that speaks volumes on why she was disheveled, upset and ultimately took her life. If she had simply recreated herself due to financial reasons or escaping a abusive past - and then she finds out these people who don't like her, who make her personal life feel threatened enough that she doesn't want her daughter around them (probably feared they would never give her back or make up abuse allegations) are going through everything that makes up LEK and will possibly bring back into her world the very people she ran from- her entire world would be unraveling and that's enough for any of us to consider pulling that trigger.

When you look at this from the perspective of villainous type mother in law - it changes EVERYTHING.

re: po boxes

She did run her own "business" online regarding the mystery shoppers. It's highly possible that those PO Boxes were in regards to that.

OR

Maybe she had another job online that dealt with men replying and sending gifts/money. There's no indication that she did, but again from personal experience <modsnip> Again, there is zero indication that LEK did this sort of work. We don't even know that she was in actuality a stripper - this is hearsay from an ex boyfriend. Women get breast implants and nose jobs for numerous reasons that have nothing to do with modeling, stripping or anything else that has their looks at the fore runner for their occupation.

my point is: if she had online jobs or even worked for one of those pyramid scheme type companies, she might have had various po boxes for her pay checks or payment from customers. It's very common with the higher ups in Herbalife and AmWay (when that existed, does it still exist?).

As I do an intense reorganization of my Bedroom/office/craftroom.... my hamster wheel is non-stop.

Someone must know this woman!

Otherwise, why go to great lengths to relocate, re-identify, and redefine yourself? For all intents and purposes, if I was a quiet, nondescript young woman who was wanting a new start...I would just move and do it. But to go to the lengths that LEK has gone implies that there ARE people out there who could recognize her.

But maybe her parents really are dead. Maybe those who know her see a necessity in protecting her new life. Maybe those who could recognize her do not have access to national news or internet (incarcerated?).

Okay, back to cleaning. :banghead:

In 1990s a gal I hung out with a lot mentioned due to a bad business deal both her parents had committed suicide together years ago. My friend seemed to handle it, I can see some not doing so well.

For the life of me I can't figure out what LE stands for. Velling is from Social Security, right? That's what it seems to refer to. What's LE.

Even disregarding the PO Boxes, she seems to have moved almost every year. Maybe with dancing she didn't need roommates who'd remember her. But it still seems strange to me all the times she moved, and people not remembering her.

For the life of me I can't figure out what LE stands for. Velling is from Social Security, right? That's what it seems to refer to. What's LE.

Law Enforcement, which Agent Velling may not tecnically be.

Washington 1972
D.S.'s photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 115
California 1975
Another D.S.'s photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 99
Good points. Almost everything we know about her (that isn't supported by documents) is hearsay from her in-laws, and pretty harsh at that. I mean, the woman is dead and it's not like she killed her daughter or husband, as some women do. Did LEK have no friends? Or did they just not want to be interviewed?

That's what *I* said in the Seattle Times comments and the reporter removed my posts (as well as some others) and informed us in no uncertain terms that the Ruffs were "very nice people". But I agree that a lot of the stuff the Ruffs said about her was unfair and harsh, not to mention that pretty much ALL the pieces to the puzzle this reporter has came from the Ruffs. What if they're either not telling everything or are "shading" it so that it 'fits' their view of LEK? Until we know WHO she is, I don't see the harm in 'questioning everything'. Blake had some issues, too. I suspect he may have been a high functioning autistic...Asperger's, maybe.

I have a friend who now has three children but before she had her first she had never even touched a child. Ever. She went from never having spent time around children to being a full time mom. I'm sure SHE learned some things by "trial and error" too. I don't see the harm with removing things from your kid's mouth if it's not food. She didn't sound like a bad mom by anything *I* heard.

My hubby was born to American parents in a well-developed foreign country, so he is a US citizen, but that country did not give birth certificates at the time for children born to non-<insert country name here> parents, so he has immigration papers, but no birth certificate ever existed for him.

Doesn't explain the identity change for Jane Doe, just that there are totally normal, legitimate reasons someone might not have a birth certificate.

I am more interested in why the investigators are so interested in identifying who she was. Just an assumed ID alone is really not that intriguing.

They must have other compelling reasons to want to know who she really was. The mystery alone is not reason to put resources on this case.

0025photo.jpg
I am really seeing some resemblance to Rose Cole, a runway who went missing in the early '70's. Thoughts?

Rose Cole - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/0025photo.jpg

Here is computer age progession:
cole_rose_ap.jpg

That's what *I* said in the Seattle Times comments and the reporter removed my posts (as well as some others) and informed us in no uncertain terms that the Ruffs were "very nice people". But I agree that a lot of the stuff the Ruffs said about her was unfair and harsh, not to mention that pretty much ALL the pieces to the puzzle this reporter has came from the Ruffs. What if they're either not telling everything or are "shading" it so that it 'fits' their view of LEK? Until we know WHO she is, I don't see the harm in 'questioning everything'. Blake had some issues, too. I suspect he may have been a high functioning autistic...Asperger's, maybe.

I have a friend who now has three children but before she had her first she had never even touched a child. Ever. She went from never having spent time around children to being a full time mom. I'm sure SHE learned some things by "trial and error" too. I don't see the harm with removing things from your kid's mouth if it's not food. She didn't sound like a bad mom by anything *I* heard.

Wow. Yeah, I don't think questioning the veracity of what's been said about her is at all disparaging. The Ruffs could indeed be very nice people, but that doesn't mean that what they've said about LEK isn't biased. They may not intentionally be trashing her, but a lot of what they say about her is colored by their emotions about her death and its effects on their son and granddaughter. And wouldn't she be a worse mom if she just let her baby put random things in her mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong