British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=492695&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

"The 19-page document offers a detailed insight into the statements given to the police by the three main suspects in the case as well as the first account of the shocking scene that confronted police when they arrived at Meredith's apartment.

It reveals that Meredith suffered a 'slow and painful ordeal' after sex games carried out by the suspects turned violent.

The judge said that the three suspects high on drugs had tried to persuade Miss Kercher, 21, to take part in an "extreme" sex game.

When she refused, they put the knife to her throat and forced her into having sex against her will.

The report claims the suspects, on the night of the killing, had been driven by a desire to find "new sensations".
The report says: "With the door opened there was a chilling scene in so far as the room was found in disorder with blood stains everywhere, on the ground and on the walls, and also under the duvet of the bed a foot could be seen."

Upon entering the room, they found Meredith dead from "a blow to her neck with a sharp weapon" and the autopsy report shows that she may have remained alive for up to an hour after the attack. The report also says that a flick knife believed to be the murder weapon was taken from Raffaele Sollecito, boyfriend of Meredith's flatmate Amanda Knox. His footprint was also found under the duvet on the bed in which Meredith was found.

More about the autopsy results...
"
From the first medical examination of the corpse by the pathologist, Dr Luca Lalli, it has been established that the death occurred at 11pm at the earliest and at the latest one hour after with the scope of a time frame between 10pm and midnight on the day 1 November 2007."

According to the pathologist who examined Meredith's body it is believed that she died due to a "haemorrhage from a neck wound after the blow of a sharp and pointed weapon."
The report says: "Bruises and lesions found on the neck suggest that Meredith was held by the neck leaving bruising compatible with the pressure of fingers and subsequently threatened with a knife held to her throat sufficent to leave other small wounds beyond those which determined death."
The pathologist's report shows that because the knife did not hit the carotide artery, her death was probably agonisingly slow and that she was stabbed at some time between 9.30pm and 11.30pm.
"The fact that Meredith was a victim of violence is evident from the state in which her body was found, there were bruises, particularly as mentioned in Dr Lalli's report where there is evidence of bruising with dark areas on the lips, and also on the gums of the left cheek and chin. "Then there are the bruises and the lesions found on the neck which suggest that Meredith was held by the neck leaving bruising compatible with the pressure of fingers and subsequently threatened with a knife held to her throat sufficent to leave other small wounds beyond those which determined death."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=492713&in_page_id=1770

Oh how awful for Meredith :( :( :( My prayers go out to her family.

I hope those 3 get the book threw at them!What is the max they can get over there?Do you think the US will try and get Amanda extradited back here?

opme thanks for answering my question earlier :)

I just saw on MSNBC that Amanda's parents are visiting her in jail today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2844000.ece

Here's a good article on Amanda.

"According to prison sources, she is calm and controlled, refusing to answer questions but writing page after page of her version of events that fateful night — the latest in a line of changing stories full of inconsistencies and contradictions. "

Meredith 'took two painful hours to die after refusing to take part in extreme sexual experiences'

"But it notes that "something went wrong". From marks on her body the "something" was horrific, sexual advances that left her battered and bruised and which she was powerless to resist.
The report notes that "with every probability" Sollecito also intervened and the murder weapon, thought to have been his pocket knife, was pulled out.
It is thought Miss Kercher was pushed face down on to the floor to keep her still.

Police think Knox was involved in holding her down because imprints on her face matched Knox's hands and fingers. Marks and lesions around her neck indicated that someone forcibly put their hands around it.

Once immobilised she was subjected to a sickening attempted sex act, threatened further with the knife, then cut three times.
"It emerges that the wound had not hit the carotid artery so the death was preceded by a slow agony"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=492695&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

I just saw on MSNBC that Amanda's parents are visiting her in jail today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2844000.ece

Here's a good article on Amanda.

"According to prison sources, she is calm and controlled, refusing to answer questions but writing page after page of her version of events that fateful night — the latest in a line of changing stories full of inconsistencies and contradictions. "

There info in the daily mail today regarding this...

But police say they have evidence from a witness who passed the bar at 7pm and found it closed.
They also say the first till receipts were not issued until 22.29. Lumumba tried to justify the lack of receipts by saying they were issued only when clients left and not when they were ordered. "

I'm most interested to find who sent the text message. That should be an eye opener.

Judge: 'Extreme' sex game killed Meredith

snip...Reports said officers had found a bloody finger print on a cushion which did not belong to any of the three existing suspects.

They also claim that a man had reported receiving a text message by mistake which read "For me, tomorrow or tonight Meredith dies" which was sent two days before Miss Kercher was killed.

Phone and text message sources should be easy to trace. Even if that guy deleted the actual text message, the number would show up on his detail list. You can also have the phone company look in their files to tell you if the father actually called Rafael that night at 11:30 p.m.--even if it were a local call.

What do you guys think happened that night? I kind of think that Amanda was jealous of Meredith. I think Meredith was going to work at LeChic ,and Amanda didn't like that. I'm not even sure that Patrick, LeChic's owner, was in their apartment at all. Amanda could have made that up because she was mad that Meredith considered working at LeChic and that Patrick probably liked her.

It may have been Amanda, her boyfriend and some other person, whose bloody fingerprint they have found. They were probably all very, very high on drugs and alcohol. Anything can happen if that's the case.

If Rafael isn't involved but was there, perhaps, he will break down. However, it sounds like he was involved because he's lying about everything, too.

I just hope that there is justice for Meredith.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/339208_knox12.html

"There are also questions about the whereabouts of some of Knox's clothes, specifically a fleece jacket she may have been wearing the night of the murder, according to the 19-page report issued Friday by Judge Claudia Matteini. "

There is some additional info on the student life in Perugia in this article as well as info about the crime.

Apparently Amanda has done an about face again in her depiction of what happened and of her involvement or in this case she now claims lack of involvement again....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=493028&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
American Amanda Knox - already branded a compulsive liar by police - has reverted to her original claim that she was with her Italian boyfriend on the night of the murder and not at the flat she shared with Meredith.

The 20-year-old's protestation of innocence to her mother follows her "confession" to police last week that she was in the kitchen while Meredith was being killed in her bedroom.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/339208_knox12.html

"There are also questions about the whereabouts of some of Knox's clothes, specifically a fleece jacket she may have been wearing the night of the murder, according to the 19-page report issued Friday by Judge Claudia Matteini. "

There is some additional info on the student life in Perugia in this article as well as info about the crime.

Apparently Amanda has done an about face again in her depiction of what happened and of her involvement or in this case she now claims lack of involvement again....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=493028&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
American Amanda Knox - already branded a compulsive liar by police - has reverted to her original claim that she was with her Italian boyfriend on the night of the murder and not at the flat she shared with Meredith.

The 20-year-old's protestation of innocence to her mother follows her "confession" to police last week that she was in the kitchen while Meredith was being killed in her bedroom.

Spoiled little b***ch. I haven't been so angry at a suspect since Chester Stiles.

Huh? They're kidding, right?

"An apparently sinister text message received by a man in Rome the day before Ms Kercher’s murder, reading “For me, Meredith dies tonight”, might have an innocuous explanation, the newspaper La Repubblica said. On the day of the message, October 31, Italian TV was due to broadcast an episode of the medical soap opera Grey’s Anatomy in which the heavily advertised plot twist revolved around the possible impending death of Dr Meredith Grey, the main character."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2852819.ece

Sky News ~~ Updated:19:58, Sunday November 11, 2007

The body of the murdered British student Meredith Kercher has been flown back to Britain.

1607290.jpg
Victim Meredith Kercher

A plane carrying Miss Kercher's remains landed at Heathrow airport from Rome. The 21-year-old from Coulsdon in Surrey was stabbed to death a week ago in Italy during what police say was a brutal sex attack.

Sky's Paul Harrison reports from the airport.

Watch in video player page

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1292358,00.html

This reminds me of the American women in Korea where one allegedly killed the other and was later found not guilty despite incriminating evidence. I can't remember their names.

This reminds me of the American women in Korea where one allegedly killed the other and was later found not guilty despite incriminating evidence. I can't remember their names.
I dont remember that one ..... but I'm thinking the fact that the Italian Judge has ruled the three suspects can be held in jail until next November -- whew "habeas corpus" may be latin, but guess it doesnt apply in Italy. Anyway, that I'm thinking those three tongues just might start wagging before the year is up! :behindbar For instance about that fourth guy the musician Mr. X.

That would be Jamie Penich. Kenzi Snider originally confessed, the confession was ruled inadmissable, but she was tried and acquitted. There was an appeal but the acquittal was upheld.

I could be totally off base with my thinking; however, I see Italy as being very advanced in all aspects, to include law and investigation of crimes. My way of thinking comes from reading about Roman history and how advanced they were in all fields (i.e., medical, engineering, etc.).

So, I think that they would have all their ducks in a row. I could be wrong. I don't know how many murder investigations each town does. So, it could be just like it is here. I hope not. I surely hope justice is served for this victim. There was no reason whatsoever for her to be tortured and murdered.

I truly believe that jealousy lay at the heart of this murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth