Tom Cruise - Celebrity/High Profile Member

I refuse to watch Tom Cruise movies, old or new, because of his connection to the Co$. I never watched Leah's sitcom but I wouldn't skip it just because she's an ex-member and it's okay to watch Cheers re-runs, too, no matter that Kirstie Alley is in some of them. But a massive public boycott of any new movie starring Tom Cruise will send a strong and loud message. And there are lots of people on the Internet, not just true crime fans, who are against the Co$.

Here's Tom Cruise's upcoming films according to IMDB:

M:I 6 - Mission Impossible
American Made
The Mummy
Luna Park
Top Gun 2

Can we start a petition to boycott? I am sure we can spread the boycott message on Reddit and elsewhere. I am sure Tricia could mention it on her podcast and to all her guests. We can create a URL that's easy to remember, that redirects right to the petition page:

notom.org or something
The URL seems to be free.

illyana, I'll want to see Top Gun II if The Iceman is involved....

:blushing:

Apparently, Presley sold it to Kirstie Alley. Lots of information in this DM article, which supports your experience.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oom-pay-100-000-learn-super-human-powers.html

Alley does indeed own the home pictured in the DM article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oom-pay-100-000-learn-super-human-powers.html

The neighborhood is Old Clearwater Bay.
I am a native of the area and was here long before Scientologists arrived.

You can match the realtor.com photo with the county property records - -
1100 N Osceola Ave - realty photo at this link:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1100-N-Osceola-Ave_Clearwater_FL_33755_M53213-30074

Property ownership at this link for Pinellas County Property Appraiser public records - http://www.pcpao.org/
Alley owns five listed properties in the same block.
There is a small waterfront Public Park adjacent to the north side of her house.

Alley does indeed own the home pictured in the DM article.

The neighborhood is Old Clearwater Bay.
I am a native of the area and was here long before Scientologists arrived.

SeesSeas.... Thank you, I stand corrected!

We were there a lot but certainly didn't know the area like those living there. The picture just didn't look like any thing I'd seen there.

I was not implying Alley didn't own or purchase that particular home or any other from Presley. The home pictured in that article was not beach house near our friends' home.

Miscavige uses Tom Cruise as 'barter' in meetings with City of Clearwater officials:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...olds-private-meetings-with-clearwater/2316471
Scientology's David Miscavige talks about Cleveland Street redevelopment and entertainment center backed by Tom Cruise
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:38pm
CLEARWATER — Scientology leader David Miscavige on Tuesday revealed privately to City Council members the church's downtown redevelopment strategy, which focuses on recruiting businesses to Cleveland Street and bankrolling a facade overhaul for the main thoroughfare rather than controlling the entire downtown footprint.
With the help of actor and noted Scientologist Tom Cruise, the church is also developing an entertainment complex on two blocks of vacant lots it bought last month along Myrtle Avenue between Cleveland and Drew streets, Vice Mayor Bill Jonson said.
[…]

I refuse to watch Tom Cruise movies, old or new, because of his connection to the Co$. I never watched Leah's sitcom but I wouldn't skip it just because she's an ex-member and it's okay to watch Cheers re-runs, too, no matter that Kirstie Alley is in some of them. But a massive public boycott of any new movie starring Tom Cruise will send a strong and loud message. And there are lots of people on the Internet, not just true crime fans, who are against the Co$.

Here's Tom Cruise's upcoming films according to IMDB:

M:I 6 - Mission Impossible
American Made
The Mummy
Luna Park
Top Gun 2

Can we start a petition to boycott? I am sure we can spread the boycott message on Reddit and elsewhere. I am sure Tricia could mention it on her podcast and to all her guests. We can create a URL that's easy to remember, that redirects right to the petition page:

notom.org or something
The URL seems to be free.
BBM. I Agree.
The only movies I have ever watched with him in it was The Outsiders (1983) and Rain Man (1988)Though I didn't watch because he had a part in the movie.

I was never a Cruise fan, EVER. There was something about him even way back during the early part of his acting career that I did not care for, something I could put my finger on but bothered me enough to not wish to see him act, give an interview etc. and I still feel that way.

This is a fairly lengthy article, but well worth the read.

1. What Katie Didn’t Know
2. The Surprise Divorce

Katie’s best man, it turned out, was her father, who had negotiated a prenuptial agreement for his youngest daughter that reportedly filled five bankers’ boxes. Because of it, when Katie Holmes made her bombshell announcement late last June that she was divorcing Tom Cruise, the case was able to be resolved in a mere 11 days.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/10/katie-holmes-divorce-scientology

As a family law attorney I watched the divorce with amazement and serious interest. A divorce agreement effectuated in mere days after filing is totally unheard of.

Katie and her dad were brilliant. It was brilliantly strategic and as involved as a government intelligence exercise.

It is very clear to me that they laid all the cards on the table and basically said give us what we want with the kid or we are going to totally and ruthlessly expose your cult.

He picked tbe cult over his kid. And it shows exactly who he is and how entrenched he is in the cult.

The dude by all accounts was very close to his little daughter. Their body language showed the intimacy and affection and trust. For him to abandon her and that is stunning. He seemed very proud and protective of his kid.

I think it's good because she's protected from that destructive cult but how it must feel to her to be abandoned by her father is very sad. How on earth can it be explained.

Ultimately i think Holmes saw exactly what happened to Kidman and resolved she would not be alienated from her child in the same way. And she had the resources to make sure of that.

And the skill. There are photos of her in Iceland with cruise right before she filed. She is acting. She is acting like a committed wife. She's holding his hand and acting as if they're close. Look carefully and the strain is apparent around her eyes and mouth.

She kept all her misgivings which clearly strengthened into disgust, secret from her husband. For months. She purchased a home in NY to establish residnecy because unlike California where it is very joint custody oriented, the NY family court still favors moms. And is conservetive when it comes to religion.

Imagine having to act that and keep that secret for so long. So you can save your kid.

I was so impressed and still am.

BBM. I Agree.
The only movies I have ever watched with him in it was The Outsiders (1983) and Rain Man (1988)Though I didn't watch because he had a part in the movie.

I was never a Cruise fan, EVER. There was something about him even way back during the early part of his acting career that I did not care for, something I could put my finger on but bothered me enough to not wish to see him act, give an interview etc. and I still feel that way.

My mom always said the same thing!!

gitana1..... I'm no attorney but AGREE, this divorce was amazing. Cruise got 'frosted', literally! Thank the good Lord for what/how Katie handled herself AND her dad with his expertise as THAT saved their child's life! Cruise choosing the cult over his daughter shows WHO he really is, terrible.

I'm no Cruise fan either.

The title of the thread may be confusing me. Is this thread solely for Tom Cruise?

If not, I wanted to mention back in the 1980s when Elvis Presley was slinging mud at CoS. He claimed all they wanted was his money. When he died, iirc, Lisa Marie Presely inherited around 32 million dollars from his estate when she reached a certain age. Lisa Marie Presley recently said of CoS that they are a "sinister snitching culture".

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...y-quit-sinister-scientology-expert-weighs-in/

The famous race car driver Mario Andretti had the word "Dianetics" removed from his racing car in 1998.

Phil Donahue tried exposing them on his show in 1995 through investigative journalism.

CoS has faced conflict since its inception. This post, including LR's coming out, demonstrates decades of complaints against the religion.

If this thread is only about TC, then all I have to add is that a man who would give up his children for a religion is not a good father for he abandoned what should be an important source of his pride and joy.
I don't know what your sources are but I believe Elvis Presley died in 1977 and I know Mario Andretti retired from racing in September, 1994 at the end of the racing season.

But if Mario had Dianetics anywhere on his car (his primary sponsorship in the 90's was KMART and several products that were available at KMART were associate sponsors on the car), that would mean that Dianetics paid money to Paul Newman and Carl Haas (co-owners of the Newman-Haas Racing team) to have CoS on the car, rather than Mario seeking-out CoS for sponsorship.

I don't know what your sources are but I believe Elvis Presley died in 1977 and I know Mario Andretti retired from racing in September, 1994 at the end of the racing season.

But if Mario had Dianetics anywhere on his car (his primary sponsorship in the 90's was KMART and several products that were available at KMART were associate sponsors on the car), that would mean that Dianetics paid money to Paul Newman and Carl Haas (co-owners of the Newman-Haas Racing team) to have CoS on the car, rather than Mario seeking-out CoS for sponsorship.

Found a little information about this, it was the late 80's when CoS started promoting Dianetics in the racing industry. Andretti refused and made them take the logo off his race car because he was a good Catholic boy. :)

Here's an interesting article, though there's no mention of Cruise in it. Sorry if it's considered OT, but this caught my interest.

SCIENTOLOGY’S bizarre attempts to sponsor professional motorsport involved John Travolta, million dollar offers and the Pope.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/i...y/news-story/34a1d3007bda94804fd058002fa6ccf5

Tom Cruise looks the same as he did in the movie The Outsiders.

d611aa7abdba633d2a7f4d44bd35d714.jpg

I loved that movie.

Found a little information about this, it was the late 80's when CoS started promoting Dianetics in the racing industry. Andretti refused and made them take the logo off his race car because he was a good Catholic boy. :)

Here's an interesting article, though there's no mention of Cruise in it. Sorry if it's considered OT, but this caught my interest.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/i...y/news-story/34a1d3007bda94804fd058002fa6ccf5
Hey, thanks for the additional info and for the the link which shows just how far Church of Scientology crossed the line with their involvement in motorsports sponsorship.

Sponsors do pay a lot of money to advertise their company or product on the side of a race car so they can (and do) place certain demands on teams and drivers for a return on their investment (above and beyond the calculated tv time that millions of eyeballs will see their name on the side of a car during a televised race that is tracked by marketing companies such as Joyce Julius & Associates).

It's also not unusual to see sponsors hand out samples of their product to fans who attend the races (everything from cigarettes to energy drinks to stickers to cleaning products to keep your car looking shiney and new). In fact it's expected of them (although tobacco products have been banned from sponsoring motorsports for about 15 years now), but the Church of Scientology seemed to cross way over the line with their direct involvement in offering auditing and counseling services to team personnel. It's one thing for them to set up a booth and the track and hand out their literature to someone walking by who would likely throw it away into the first trash can they see, but to actually want to go as far as to hook someone up to their machines and try to exorcise their racing demons is beyond ludicrous. Although I can understand if Roberto Guerrero were to have won the Indy 500 because of the auditing CoS did, that would be a major selling point for them that would probably still be used to this day. And CoS would probably still be printing full-size Indy 500 Winner posters with Roberto Guerrero in his Dianetics firesuit in the winners circle with the flower wreath, the bottle of milk and the three foot check. Ugh!

At first I thought Roberto Guerrero was the guy who had served 2-1/2 years for a drug conviction (sentenced to five years) in the 80's, but that was another Indy Car driver. I could totally see CoS wanting to be responsible for turning around the life of a convicted drug peddler, but that wasn't Guerrero. Maybe CoS should have gone after the other guy. lol

My apologies for any confusion the post may have caused due to using the "1980s".

ELVIS BLASTS SCIENTOLOGY: 'That s.o.b. group - all they want is my money'

The Scientologists once tried to recruit Elvis, Fike says. He recalls that Elvis fumed: "The hell with those people. There's no way I'll ever get involved with that s.o.b. group. All they want is my money."

Lisa Marie paid $1.5 million for the house at 1100 North Osceola Ave. [Clearwater] because she desperately wanted to live close to the church. It was in that house that she collapsed in pain and was eventually taken to nearby Morton Plant Hospital, not long after undergoing the Scientology "cleansing" ritual.

http://lermanet.com/cos/lisamarie.html

Andretti orders `Dianetics' logo taken off his car
St. Petersburg Times - St. Petersburg, Fla.
Author: Tobin, Thomas C Wilson, Jon
Date: Nov 27, 1988

A logo for the best-selling book, Dianetics, was taken off Andretti's high-performance Porsche on Friday night. But the veteran driver said Saturday he ``had nothing to do with (the Dianetics sponsorship) in the first place. It's not something I believe in, so I don't want to make it appear like I'm endorsing it.``

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/tampaba...tti+orders+`Dianetics'+logo+taken+off+his+car

Scientology goes racing: When Indy 500 and Le Mans cars were sponsored by ‘Dianetics’

HOLLYWOOD’S FAVORITE NEW-AGE RELIGION TRIED, FAILED TO SPREAD ITS MESSAGE WITH SPEED

July 14, 2015

Which worked out nicely for Hubbard, who loved fast cars and motorcycles. Elements of the modern church leadership, perhaps emulating their founder, reportedly share the same passions. Noted Scientologist Tom Cruise played a stock-car racer in the 1990 film “Days of Thunder” and has a high-octane fleet of his own....

Most famously, the church slapped Dianetics decals all over the Vince Granatelli Racing Lola/Cosworth driven by Roberto Guerrero in the 1988 Indy 500. It crashed out in turn two, having failed to complete a single lap.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-lif...s-cars-were-sponsored-dianetics#ixzz4fVyG79ES

YAY! Way to go ELVIS!
That was very interesting about Lisa Marie.
Thanx

YAY! Way to go ELVIS!
That was very interesting about Lisa Marie.
Thanx

I read somewhere that they pressured Lisa Marie to go after Michael Jackson and that's the only reason they got married. They're always looking for the next richest and famous new Member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that they pressured Lisa Marie to go after Michael Jackson and that's the only reason they got married. They're always looking for the next richest and famous new Member.

Its so gross.

Wow.......I never thought about that angle before. Makes more sense now.

The failings of Scientology as a cult are this:

* Failure to encourage tons of children

That's pretty much it. Religions that hate children die out. Religions that go crazy for indoctrinating kids win. Pretty obvious. Yeah, it's a criminal cult. A stupid one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back