FL - Lucas Ciambrone, 7, starved, beaten to death, Bradenton, 11 May 1995

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
BRADENTON - Circuit Judge Janette Dunnigan today accepted a withdraw of the no-contest plea Heather Ciambrone made in 2001 in the death of her 7-year-old adopted son.Ciambrone will now go to trial March 26.Ciambrone's plea to a charge of second-degree murder in the 1995 slaying left her with a 55-year sentence

The boy weighed about 32 pounds when he died and his ears were partially torn from his head.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/16491375.htm

BRADENTON, Fla. -- A woman was sentenced to life in prison Wednesday for killing her 7-year-old adopted son in a notorious 1995 child abuse case that forced sweeping changes in the state's child protection system.

Heather Ciambrone, 38, was sentenced immediately after a jury found her guilty of first-degree murder, the second time she has been sentenced in the case. In January, a judge allowed her to withdraw a 2001 no-contest plea that resulted in a 55-year prison sentence.....

A caseworker, a doctor and three other foster parents raised concerns about the Ciambrones' treatment of the boy, but they were allowed to adopt him.

After Lucas' death, investigators found the child was kept locked away in a bathroom and had no contact with others. He had 200 bruises and scratches on his arm and five of his ribs had been broken longer than six months.

The child's death prompted a new round of changes of Florida's child protection system after state officials determined that Lucas should never have been placed in the Ciambrone home nor should the couple have been allowed to adopt him.
==========

more at link. http://www.news4jax.com/news/13332337/detail.html

Stories such as these make me angry enough to spit nails. Life is to good for her. This so called reform doesn't seem to be helping much in Florida.

From the link:

"After three years in a state hospital, his wife finally was found mentally competent for trial and then opted for the plea deal in 2001."

I wonder what made her "mentally incompetent" for those three years. She should never have been allowed to adopt in the first place.

sick person...should have been put to death, imo...:banghead:

Had to post again...sorry...but HOW was she allowed to adopt? All these people "raised concerns"....well HOW many people does it take to a raise a concern? Jesus.

Had to post again...sorry...but HOW was she allowed to adopt? All these people "raised concerns"....well HOW many people does it take to a raise a concern? Jesus.

Doesn't this just make you sick. What in the he## is wrong with the system here in the good ole USA? I swear...people who would love to have a child can't adopt or it takes them forever and those that should never even be around a child adopt with no problem even if people are screaming that they shouldn't be allowed to adopt. It makes me so mad I just want to tear their hair out by the roots. After the child is dead it is determined that those people should never have been allowed to adopt him....DUH!!!!!

The Florida DCF system is disgustingly lacking.
THeir idea of "reform" was to put a new person in charge and change the name to DCF rather CPS or whatever it was formally called.
NO actual new rules were implimented.

This is the same DCF system that permitted a family to adopt 6 children of a drug addicted women and when they chose to abuse the youngest (whom they had has since he was a young infant) they simply removed him and left the others claiming the other children were safe and not being abused.
This is a true story ... I have no link but it is a child I know.
When I say abuse I mean they locked him in a pool house seperate from the others and beat him and hardly fed him.
I mean any person who would do that to ANY child IMO should not be permitted to have children... but the state DCF claimed those children were not abused so they were safe with the lunatics.. (yeah, WTF!?!?!? I know)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back