Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figuring out why and when DR came out and said "somebody could have taken Jacob and buried him in our gravel pit" is something we need to work on. Did he say this for the first time to anyone before or after the dig was completed?

The person DR said this to is Patty Wetterling, back in 2009.

Here's his quote:

“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,”

Here's the link to the info source: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

I believe that his comment lead to the search on his farm, just my opinion.

The person DR said this to is Patty Wetterling, back in 2009.

Here's his quote:

Here's the link to the info source: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

I believe that his comment lead to the search on his farm, just my opinion.

Maybe he thought they had him when Patty sat down with him. Why is he suddenly saying such a thing? Well it wasn't me, "Someone in the area" though. How does DR put this together with the tan monte carlo, and when does someone bury Jacob there? Then after the dig was completed he did a media interview and says all that was in the pit was clothes and animal bones. But the public, DR, and even the wetterlings haven't been told all of what was found or still testing yet.

One of the best places to get clear answers is from Dan Rassier himself in the comments section of this CBS Minnesota article.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

WOW .... he is being confronted by a rabid accuser who goes by the name "Boots" aka "JanetN" and he answers everything in an articulate , honest, and gentlemanly manner. I was impressed. This man has nothing to hide and hides from nothing

Insightful reading to say the least , scroll down to the comment section and be sure to keep clicking "see more comments" to get them all.

<snip>
Kevin: “I never came forward. I figured I didn’t have to.”
Kevin was 21 at the time. He heard something on the scanner. Saw a police car speed by his house. Curious, he tried to follow the squad. He was there so fast there was no police crime scene tape around the bikes and scooter yet. He drove away and told a police officer what he’d seen.
Kevin: “He said, yeh we know all about that. I know about the bikes. And that was it. It was like I was bothering him. We backed out and left and that was it.”
<snip>

Not pointing fingers at anyone (Kevin) but one little tidbit has always haunted me .... so many reports have mentioned how dark it was that evening .... reports say the kidnapper made the boys go in the ditch ..... and the pictures all show the bikes were in the ditch in fairly tall grass

So how could he see those bikes from his car ?

Pictures here in post 625 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...St-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-5&p=9786892#post9786892

Not to mention how did he know which driveway to turn into
(Unless it was mentioned in the police scanner radio talk)

Not to mention he said he thought he was the first one on the scene (no police there)
And then (supposedly later) told a policeman about the bikes (policeman said Yeah they knew about the bikes)

Good points. Although lights of the csr would reflect off of the bikes.

So there are bikes in the ditch. What interest is that to leave an impression on anyone really. Bikes are not that noteworthy. Why should Kevin have wondered if he should pick them up?

And driving down DR's driveway and not continuing up to Kiwi Court does not make any sense as Kevin had not seen anything. Perhaps the action was at Kiwi Court for all he knew.

The stumbling block for me is that Joy, LE, Patty and DR have all dismissed him as having anything to do with it.

If it was just one person, it would be suspicious. The mother dismisses him. The investigative reported dismisses him. And most telling, the POI who could get off of the POI list dismisses him.

Why does DR regret not going down to the gravel pit on the night of the abduction? He said he noticed that LE was now down by the gravel pit, and that he should have gone down there, but he didn't, and he regrets that now.

Don't ask why something has been allowed that shouldn't be if you've never reported it.

Site your sources. I have not seen this information before.

Why does DR regret not going down to the gravel pit on the night of the abduction? He said he noticed that LE was now down by the gravel pit, and that he should have gone down there, but he didn't, and he regrets that now.

AFAIK one of the only regular contributors to this thread with highly relevant expertise is tracker. He's stated repeatedly that the media are not always reliable in reporting relevant evidence.

All the so-called evidence against DR is not really evidence at all - it is media reporting. It's like citing something Donald Trump says as proof of an allegation. A bigger part of the alleged "evidence" against DR is that some people think he's not emotionally wrecked enough about this case, therefore he must be guilty.

The way I understand it from listening to the interviews is he first saw prowlers in his yard and dialed 911 , found out it was searchers looking for Jacob , so he went outside , talked to police , and then used a flashlight to search his buildings , found nothing and went back inside

Unable to sleep because of all the activity he later looked out the window and saw lights (searchers) all the way down at the gravel pits and thought hmmmmm .... wonder why they are "down there".

THE ONLY REASON he said (years later) he wished he had gone down to check the gravel pits is because SOCIAL MEDIA comments accused him of not searching enough , then accused him of being the kidnapper.

In summary , social media comments were the problem , not DR himself , and he was trying to address that..

The way I understand it from listening to the interviews is he first saw prowlers in his yard and dialed 911 , found out it was searchers looking for Jacob , so he went outside , talked to police , and then used a flashlight to search his buildings , found nothing and went back inside

Unable to sleep because of all the activity he later looked out the window and saw lights (searchers) all the way down at the gravel pits and thought hmmmmm .... wonder why they are "down there".

THE ONLY REASON he said (years later) he wished he had gone down to check the gravel pits is because SOCIAL MEDIA comments accused him of not searching enough , then accused him of being the kidnapper.

In summary , social media comments were the problem , not DR himself , and he was trying to address that..

Wow. That is fascinating. I have never read that. Could you please link the story? Thanks

I don't see the social media quotes?

Arnie,
Do you think Dan has done a good job with the media?

Some interviews yes , but he also bumbled a few. Mostly because of naivety , not guilt. He does a poor job of defending himself (explaining himself) at times

For example in the interview below he says ..... I am hoping they find something in my box of files that they may have overlooked and it helps them solve the case.

Or when asked if he has told police everything he knows he says .... "I did until 6 years ago and after what they said to me I have gone quiet"

Those types of replies dont look good on him at all. He should have said he was always fully cooperative with police until they started accusing him and trying to get him to confess .... so he does not trust them now.

Stuff like that. He says the wrong things because in his mind he is completely innocent and thinks that should be plain to everybody.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/...ive_interview_w_wetterling_person_of_interest

Most of all I see no deception in his answers whatsoever , just tons of innocent naivety .... "hey dig over here" .... "here are my files , hope you find something"

Here's your source: http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-latest-news/

“I did quite a bit of searching … Did I sleep? I did eventually go to sleep but at that point it was like, what can I do? I remember getting back out of bed and going, wow, now they’re down in the gravel pit with a spotlight and thinking, Should I go down there? But, I didn’t. I regret that.”

Some interviews yes , but he also bumbled a few. Mostly because of naivety , not guilt. He does a poor job of defending himself (explaining himself) at times

For example in the interview below he says ..... I am hoping they find something in my box of files that they may have overlooked and it helps them solve the case.

Or when asked if he has told police everything he knows he says .... "I did until 6 years ago and after what they said to me I have gone quiet"

Those types of replies dont look good on him at all. He should have said he was always fully cooperative with police until they started accusing him and trying to get him to confess .... so he does not trust them now.

Stuff like that. He says the wrong things because in his mind he is completely innocent and thinks that should be plain to everybody.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/...ive_interview_w_wetterling_person_of_interest

Most of all I see no deception in his answers whatsoever , just tons of innocent naivety .... "hey dig over here" .... "here are my files , hope you find something"

Do you think DR is being naive or deceptive? To me, he is being deceptive because he knows who did it and may be afraid of retaliation. There have been a few unusual deaths with people I have looked at for this case and nearby Josh G case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth