Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
Hi! I was reading an old article written during the first trial (http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/g...nto-evidence-jodi-arias-murder-trial#slide=14) that has crime scene photos and there was one that I'd never seen before and I can't figure out what it is. Does anybody know what this is? Thank you!!

imagejpeg

Top of his Temple garments?

image.jpg

I just want to point out that Hwy 89 runs pretty much due north out of Flagstaff to Page, about 130 miles and almost to the Utah border. It skirts just east of the Grand Canyon, up to the Glen Canyon Dam where the Colorado is dammed to make Lake Powell. The first sizable town in Utah is Big Water, another 20 miles or so on Hwy 89 northwest of Page. I've driven this exact route in the opposite direction, from Zion National Park to Sedona.

Yes, I have been there many times. She'd have had an awful lot of 'splainin' if she pinged in any of that area. I think we also worked out upthread that it wouldn't have been fewer miles than the Kingman route, and she knew the road.

I do think she could have gone over the border into CA and headed north from there. She then would have been in a position to say she never went to AZ.

Thank you so much to the websleuthers that helped me identify that crime scene photo.

I have one more photo that I would love some help with (side note: the following was discussed a few threads up but can't find it now so please forgive me if it was resolved).....in JM's book it bothered me to read that when JM inspected the crime scene that he noted that the now infamous book "A 1,000 Places to See Before You Die" was on Travis' nightstand. I envisioned tormenting him with it as she flew into her rage. As was discussed on an earlier thread, the picture of Travis' bedroom inside JM's book did not show the left nightstand and the right nightstand did not have anything that resembled a book. I came across a picture that I had screen shot a long time ago (most likely it was from this forum so I apologize for not giving proper credit) but it has both nightstands in the photo and was wondering if that is "the book" sitting on the left nightstand? I've attached the screen shot photo (my 2 cents are in red) and a close-up of the nightstand. Thank you all for your help!!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 337
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 335
I've driven to Flagstaff from Phoenix and on northward to St. George's, Utah. It is a major highway.
I always wondered about that highway (89). I thought it might be a one lane (each way) highway cutting through a mountain pass like the 152 does between the 101 and the 5 (which I'm sure you've driven, LinasK). Or the 41 up to Yosemite. And those sort of mountain highways generally take longer because they're generally hilly and not straight and wide open. But on Google's map, 89 in northern Arizona looks identical to 395 here in Calif so I guess she could've just zipped on up and over the hill to Utah on 89 if she really wanted to.

Thank you so much to the websleuthers that helped me identify that crime scene photo.

I have one more photo that I would love some help with (side note: the following was discussed a few threads up but can't find it now so please forgive me if it was resolved).....in JM's book it bothered me to read that when JM inspected the crime scene that he noted that the now infamous book "A 1,000 Places to See Before You Die" was on Travis' nightstand. I envisioned tormenting him with it as she flew into her rage. As was discussed on an earlier thread, the picture of Travis' bedroom inside JM's book did not show the left nightstand and the right nightstand did not have anything that resembled a book. I came across a picture that I had screen shot a long time ago (most likely it was from this forum so I apologize for not giving proper credit) but it has both nightstands in the photo and was wondering if that is "the book" sitting on the left nightstand? I've attached the screen shot photo (my 2 cents are in red) and a close-up of the nightstand. Thank you all for your help!!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Yes IMO

IN HER OWN WORDS—paraphrased from the ’s journals

(?) PF Changs…some really good people work there. They’d be even more phenoninal (sic) with a little personal development.

10/4. I love my mom. She’s great, but not one to go spilling secrets to, and I can’t remember when the last time was she read a book. But “she gives wondrously of what she does have, and I’m glad I chose her as my mother. “

12/08. I know I’m nice, kind, loving. “ Never mind, Travis just depresses me. I love him and care about him, but he’s such a drag. His tires were slashed twice in 2 days which is probably why he’s in a mood, (writes “but,” scratches it out) and I feel bad for him.”

IN HER OWN WORDS—from the ’s journal #2, “daily” list of 5 things for which the said she was grateful.

She began the list in fall 2007, when she believed in the LOA, fervently, and thought her “dream,” “most passionate wish,” and “hope” of Travis marrying her would come true if only she was more “Christlike” in her thinking.

(Note—she seems to have stopped making these lists shortly before she began slashing tires).

10/3. Refined petroleum

10/4 My hair, the shape of my body

10/5 Comedy, cookie dough, Blain B.

10/5. The gospel of Jesus Christ, personal revelation, this planet, cats, dogs

10/9. Capitalism, my memory, my disposable income, car insurance

10/11. Temple marriages, e-commerce, down pillows.

10/?. Gasoline, turkey dinners, mothers, vitamins

10/21. Red Robins, public restrooms, kittens

10/22. The Book of Mormon. Dale Carnegie

10/18. My clothes, electricity, miracles

10/30. My artistic inclination, my painting skills, hot chocolate

11/1. Pretty girls, Paul O’Keefe, special ed teachers (they deal with a lot of crap).

11/3. Puppies, personal power, money making ideas

11/18. The animals that die to feed our bodies, sleep, Myspace ("when it's for good.")

11/24. Babies, electricity, pizza

IN HER OWN WORDS—Journal #1

July 2, 2007. “I loooove being free. Having the freedom to choose, to come and go as I please, to do a particular activity or not, to decide how I want to live my life, to be an entreprenuer (sic), to hang out with particular associations; people.”

Another pic of book.

image.jpeg

July 2, 2007. “I loooove being free. Having the freedom to choose, to come and go as I please, to do a particular activity or not, to decide how I want to live my life, to be an entreprenuer (sic), to hang out with particular associations; people.”

I enjoyed it when Martinez had her read these verses from Book of Mormon

2nd Nephi 9:34-36

34 Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell.

35 Wo unto the murderer who deliberately killeth, for he shall die.

36 Wo unto them who commit whoredoms, for they shall be thrust down to hell.

I enjoyed it when Martinez had her read these verses from Book of Mormon

2nd Nephi 9:34-36

34 Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell.

35 Wo unto the murderer who deliberately killeth, for he shall die.

36 Wo unto them who commit whoredoms, for they shall be thrust down to hell.

I fear you misunderstand the angelic Jodith:

IN HER OWN WORDS. August 2.

I love him. I cannot possibly not love him. Don’t want to. I want to cut that feeling off at the switch. Kill it. Dead wires.

“On the other hand, I can go on for hours about his sweetness," which he rarely shows, and never when things were at their peak.

“He has so much greatness begging to be released, but he refuses to be coached; he’s too prideful for his own good at times. “

And, ”he allows himself to be caught up in negative petty circumstances that only exist because we allow them to exist” (which is my way of taking my share of responsibility for those circumstances).

“I wish he could see his power the way I see it. Then things would change in a blink of the eye. But they won’t change until we change, and I can only change myself and be an example, and focus on love, light, and the good and wonderful things of the universe.”
J1, pg. 18.

IN HER OWN WORDS

9/30/07. I should try obedience to get what I want. That seemed to work the times I’ve tried it before. “Most of all, I need to be patient. “

The LOA says thinking is creating. So, I must not let the “variable” of the thoughts of “other children of God cloud the reality of what I claim and choose” for myself.

Good to hear that, Killer Arias. It means you will not "loooove" living in a cage for the rest of your natural life. And with that, my primary wish for you, Killer, is longevity.

Good to hear that, Killer Arias. It means you will not "loooove" living in a cage for the rest of your natural life. And with that, my primary wish for you, Killer, is longevity.

She gets to "hang out" with Large Marge and the rest of the convicts and her "entrepreneurial" skills will be limited to trading Ramen noodles or candy for extra golf pencils

I think this is actually an August entry, IIRC. But I love this. It feels good to know she will never do any of those things again.

I think this is actually an August entry, IIRC. But I love this. It feels good to know she will never do any of those things again.

The only difference at all, ever, between July and August for she-who-will-never-again-be-free is approx. plus 20 degrees a day on average.

But, FWIW, July 2 2007 is the correct date for the citation.

But, FWIW, July 2 2007 is the correct date for the citation.

Yes, sorry. You are right, totally. The aug entry is her light switch/duct tape entry about loving Travis. Ugh. She is so hideous.

IN HER WORDS. (Journal #1, pg 32).

8/15. The appears to have visited with a medium or a psychic or some such kind of person Mormons consider anathema. She wrote a list of “affirmations” later that day, things she believed through the power of positive thinking would be true if she said them often enough and believed……

List of affirmations

“I am not in love with Travis, Travis is a good friend, Travis not a good BF, I am happy and grateful we are such good friends. I am a sought after single woman.

I am emotionally stable, I am emotionally healthy, I am responsible, I am a leader, I am independent, I am loving and compassionate, I am hardworking and intelligent, I treat others with dignity and respect, I live by the Golden Rule.

(LOL..LOL...LOL)

IN HER WORDS. (Journal #1, pg 32).

8/15. The appears to have visited with a medium or a psychic or some such kind of person Mormons consider anathema. She wrote a list of “affirmations” later that day, things she believed through the power of positive thinking would be true if she said them often enough and believed……

List of affirmations

“I am not in love with Travis, Travis is a good friend, Travis not a good BF, I am happy and grateful we are such good friends. I am a sought after single woman.

I am emotionally stable, I am emotionally healthy, I am responsible, I am a leader, I am independent, I am loving and compassionate, I am hardworking and intelligent, I treat others with dignity and respect, I live by the Golden Rule.

(LOL..LOL...LOL)

Just...Wow! Especially because I think she actually believes these things about herself. Talk about delusional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie