15-year-old girl jailed with 20 to 34 men in Brazil

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Link to article

November 23, 2007 10:07am
A 15-YEAR-old girl robbery suspect was put in a jail cell with more than 20 men, and for a month was raped relentlessly and forced to have sex for food, human rights groups say.
"She was raped from day one'' at the jail in Para state, a Children and Adolescent Defence Centre (Cedeca) spokeswoman said.
The number of men in the cell varied from 20 to 34 while the girl was there.
"She was raped innumerable times and forced to exchange sexual relations for food,'' said Miere Cohen, the president of the Order of Brazilian Lawyers Human Rights Commission.

Media reports of the case have sparked outrage across Brazil, especially since it closely followed an earlier incident of a 23-year-old woman who was also jailed in Para state for one month together with 70 men.

"Nobody really knows what she was charged with. She was a suspect in a robbery but police were unable to tell us which robbery. There was no formal charge,'' Ms Cohen said.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

That is *&%$&^*% sick, they need to get the ACLU in there; ridiculous. There is no excuse for that, my prayers for that poor girl and the woman..

The heck? What were they thinking?

This is unreal. Where are the human rights advocates?

I hope this girl gets a chance to name the rapists and the police who put her there. They all deserve swift and harsh punishment.

Both Para state - wonder what's going on there - sounds like there's some issues with that state in particular - not sure if we're talking corruption or extremism.

That poor girl!! Thank heaven for whoever it was that tipped off the reporters, I wonder if it was someone who had been in the jail also? I'm glad it says she can identify the officers who put her in there and the rapists.

VB

Oh this poor little girl. I pray she gets justice after this. This is just horrible!!!!!

Brazil must be a backwards moronic country. I suppose not a one of those men in the jail or the guards stood up for the girl or tried to protect her from rape.

This is horrible...but I bet she never gets involved in a robbery scheme again. :rolleyes:

This is horrible...but I bet she never gets involved in a robbery scheme again. :rolleyes:
And people complain about living in this country. I really think that we have the best country in the world--flaws and all!

P.S. Deand - I love your photos. You must be very proud of your son! I read in another post that he is going to med school. If that is a photo of your husband and you, you guys look so happy! Your granddaughter looks adorable. :)

I didn't check the links you posted, but did you guys read where now they believe she was NOT a perp of any crime whatsoever-she, in fact, may have been picked up solely for the sexual gratification of the inmates who were there. This is a common practice that is usually only whispered about, until this girl and the 23 year old came forward.

CAN YOU FATHOM THIS??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back