Epic Snow Storm for Mid-Atlantic

Elphaba

Defying Gravity...
Reaction score
The DC/MD/VA area is looking at a snowstorm that is being called "epic" and and a possible "snowpocalypse"... our local weather guy just said that it will probably in the top 2 of historical snow storms for the area. We are talking in feet! So hold on tight fellow mid-atlantic dwellers, we are in for a whopper. To those not in the area: keep us in your thoughts and prayers... this storm has potential to be extremely dangerous and destructive. :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/us/06storm.html

i heard 2 feet of snow.
up here we call that a dusting :)

They keep changing the count on us... it just went up to 30 inches by tomorrow and that it will be blizzard-like tonight, if not a certifiable blizzard. :( Mind you, this is on top of the snow that fell weekend before last and the little snow blip we had a few days ago. Crazy weather!

this storm is supposed to miss us to the south or out to sea saturday night.
probably means will get blindsided by it :)

the infamoous blizzard of 78 it is rumored they only forecasted flurries for the day it started (ironically, it was feb 6, which is tommorow) so now any time there's even a hint of snow in the air, everyone stocks up on food 3 days in advance lol

My whole family is up there, Baltimore to Lancaster, PA - been talking to them all. You poor guys!

the infamoous blizzard of 78 it is rumored they only forecasted flurries for the day it started (ironically, it was feb 6, which is tommorow) so now any time there's even a hint of snow in the air, everyone stocks up on food 3 days in advance lol

BBM. Ain't that the truth??

I can always tell when snow is forecast for our area...my local supermarket is a certifiable ZOO.

WOOHOO! They dismissed school at 12:30 today! I went on my usual weekly trip to the grocery store and was bowled over by the crazies wanting bread, milk and TP. Yowza!
It is really coming down in that fine blizzard-like way.

it's snowing here in St. Louis but I don't think we'll get nearly the snow that some of you will. Stay safe and warm, fellow WSers

Snowing for an hour little beaded wet type of snow.
Sticking to everything an slick roads.
School left out early and everything is canceled for tonight and tomorrow........
yes everyone is in a panic on TV news buying like they will be snowed in for a month,
when you live here, you have to get used to the fact that this happens.........LOL

Here in Alexandria, Va we are settling in for a couple of days...just hoping the electricity doesn't go out !

Heres a site covering the important news related to the snow, like which bars are open in town...

http://www.snowmageddondc.com/

A true storm to be remembered. It was amazing the impact it had here for over a week+! I won't lie, though. It was truly cool to just have to walk everywhere and talk with people. Life slowed down. Pleasantly. :)

You should have seen the traffic today. No doubt that no one here believes we will not be touched by simple flurries here this weekend. I have errands to do tomorrow. Probably should carry the old rosary beads for road safety!!!!

Praying for everyone affected by this storm! It's sounds like a horrible situation.

We're just North of Philadelphia, and it's been fluctuating between 6-8 and 8-12 inches forecast here.

Unfortunately we're expecting a baby any moment, which means it will probably happen midnight tonight right about the time the conditions are supposed to be "blizzard like."

Prayers that the baby decides to stay in "mommy's belly" for at least another 24-48 hours!

We're just North of Philadelphia, and it's been fluctuating between 6-8 and 8-12 inches forecast here.

Unfortunately we're expecting a baby any moment, which means it will probably happen midnight tonight right about the time the conditions are supposed to be "blizzard like."

Prayers that the baby decides to stay in "mommy's belly" for at least another 24-48 hours!

Praying your baby hangs on!!!!

I have a friend that lives in Roanoke Va - haven't talked to her today. Anyone from that area- was wondering how the storm was there. Last weekend she got snow there too I think. :cold:

Here in Alexandria, Va we are settling in for a couple of days...just hoping the electricity doesn't go out !

Heres a site covering the important news related to the snow, like which bars are open in town...

http://www.snowmageddondc.com/

SFTruth - LOL, great info. to have for the blizzard! I'm on the west coast, but DH is in CT...Is it supposed to hit there?

Prayers to all effected, and baby Celt - stay put, it's gonna be nicer where you are at right now. You can wait a day or two...

ETA - anyone in that "bubble" area on SFT's link?

Come 10pm we will officially be under a Blizzard Warning. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back