Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjaman,

Do you remember if you ever went to any kind of local restaurants or diners in the Indianapolis area before national or regional restaurant chains appeared in Indianapolis?

Thanks Benjaman!

Hi Benjaman,

I have a different line of questions for you when you get a chance. I'll call them back to the future questions. LOL.

1. If you were 20 years younger and money was no object what would you do for yourself? I don't mean in searching out your past, but what in the world would appeal to you to do if you were 20 years younger right now? Everybody has dreams. Poof, you're now 20 years younger. Whatcha gonna do?

2. Where would you like to live? City, country, mountains, beach? What does your house look like? Is it a condo or a farm? The Ponderosa? LOL.

3. What would you drive?

4. Where would you go for entertainment?

5. What toys would you own? A boat, jetskis, a canoe, a kayak, a 4 wheeler, a Harley or a set of golf clubs? I'm hoping you will have some fun with these questions.

5. Is there a line of work or service that would have you springing out of bed in the mornings to meet each new day? What job for you would be more like play because you'd enjoy it so much?

6. What famous person, dead or alive would you most want to meet, and why that particular person?

I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been asked, but anyways. What memory do you remember strongest (outside the last 5 years of course)? What memory do you feel is the oldest, and which one do you feel is the most recent? (In case you are wondering why I am asking, see these: Wikipedia on Retrograde amnesia and Ribot's Law)

P.S. For a site with a serious nature like this one, you have some weird smileys. :ban me::gomods::saythat:

Mr Kyle,

Do you have any memories of specific events happening at a restaurant. Maybe a grand opening, promotion of some kind, expansion to more locations.....

I'm trying to think if we can hit on any key search words kind of thing for an archived media article in Colo in the 80's. You know when someone is quoted as manager, or named in a photo with a grand opening.

thanks!

Benjaman: I would like to ask about this comment:

"I remember Bismarks. the Best ones were custard filled and dusted with confectioner's sugar. I do not remember them in Colorado. In Georgia all you can get is Krystal Doughnuts and they are nothing but a grease laden doughball whose real purpose in life is to give you a heart attack."

What size of the bismark are you refering too, the round, as in jelly filled or the oval as in eclairs?

It's possible to track down a bakery in Indy who specialized in a certian type. Thanks

Benjaman: I would like to ask about this comment:

"I remember Bismarks. the Best ones were custard filled and dusted with confectioner's sugar. I do not remember them in Colorado. In Georgia all you can get is Krystal Doughnuts and they are nothing but a grease laden doughball whose real purpose in life is to give you a heart attack."

What size of the bismark are you refering too, the round, as in jelly filled or the oval as in eclairs?

It's possible to track down a bakery in Indy who specialized in a certian type. Thanks

This is what prompted me to ask him about Roseyln Bakeries earlier ... a beloved bakery in Central Indiana ... went out of business in the past 5+ years. Hope it triggers something ... mmmm-mmmm!

Ben, you mention you like Sean John, Orvis and Filsen clothing.
Here is what I came up with:
Filsen Clothing can be bought at these local stores in Colorado:
McGuckin Hardware, Boulder, Co
Burlap Bag, Colorado Springs, Co
Rio Grand Co, Denver, Co
M.W. Reynolds Traditional Country Sports, Englewood, Co
Jax Outdoor Gear, Fort Collins, Co
Zirkel Trading, Steamboar Springs, Co
Black Bear Trading, Telluride, Co

There are no authorized dealers in Indiana and would have to be ordered thru a catalog.

Orvis Clothing can be bought at these local stores in Colorado:
Willowfly Anglers, Almont, Co
Arkanglers, Salida, Co
Breckenridge Outfitters, Breckenridge, Co
Angler's Covey, Colorado Springs, Co
Bucking Rainbow Outfitters, Steamboat Springs, Co
Scenic Mesa Ranch, Hotchkiss, Co
Kinsley Outfitters, Boulder, Co
Elktrout Lodge, Kremmling, Co
Blue Quill Angler, Evergreen, Co
Fly Fishing Outfitters, Avon, Co
The Home Ranch, Clark, Co
Smoking River Guides, Meeker, Co
The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, Edwards, Co
Kirks Fly Shop, Estes Park, Co
C Lazy U Ranch, Granby, Co
Broadacres Ranch, Creede, Co
Gunnison River Expeditions, Hotchkiss, Co
Capt. Matt Thomas, Aspen, Co
The High Lonesome Lodge, DeBeque, Co
Garretson's Sport Center, Greeley, Co
Gore Creek Flyfisherman, Vail, Co
Jax, Inc, Fort Collins, Co
Telluride Sports, Telluride, Co
Arkansas River Fly Shop, Salida, Co
Taylor Creek, Basalt, Co
Roaring Fork Anglers, Glenwood Springs, Co
Anglers Covey, Colorado Springs, Co
Three Rivers Resort, Almont, Co
Taylor Creek, Aspen, Co
Blue Quill Angler, Evergreen, Co
Rio Grande Angler, Creede, Co
Orvis Rod and Tackle, Englewood, Co
Orvis Company, Denver, Co
Bucking Rainbow Outfitters, Steamboat Springs, Co
Pomeroy Sports, Aspen, Co
Caddis Co., Durango, Co
Ski and Bow Rack, Pagosa Springs, Co
North Park Anglers, Walden, Co

Orvis in Indiana:
JI Waters Company, Bloomington, IN
Orvis Company, Carmel, IN

Ben, I am wondering if you like to fish? Also, do any of these names sound familiar?

Great list, Carolwood!

Orvis in Indianapolis (Carmel) just open a few years ago, so that can be counted out.

Benjaman.. If you were born in 1948; you were probably into T Rex in the 70's..

Any thoughts when you hear it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUZL4R4h1s"]Baby Strange - T Rex[/ame]

Roselvr, someone born in or around 1948, give or take a couple of years would've graduated high school in the mid 1960s to latter 1960s, as did I. I listened to the clip, and I don't think I've ever heard that song or heard of the band. The most popular muscians we listened to were The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul & Mary, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, James Taylor among others, and the whole musical sound track from "Forest Gump." As you know, some of these groups continued their popularity into the 70s, so many of us were still listening to the same bands or people.

T Rex=:waitasec::sick:

Here's one you should know. lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEhDrJzM8E[/ame]

Roselvr, someone born in or around 1948, give or take a couple of years would've graduated high school in the mid 1960s to latter 1960s, as did I.

I do not think he was born in 48; guess I should have said that as well. I think he's born in the mid/late 50's

I do not think he was born in 48; guess I should have said that as well. I think he's born in the mid/late 50's

Yes, T-Rec. I was born late 50's. BANG AGONG, GET ON!
My sister is 10 years older, and mid 60's would include stuff like Johnny Mathis, Frankie Valley (and the 4 Seasons) maybe a little Petula Clark kinda music. Ohhh, yeah, I remember her playing "the lettermen".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle