Icing on the Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture.php

Tribute to Jessica and Nancy
posted again :great:....because of a teeny tiny :waitasec: <probable pro bono> pixel problem :seeya:

Disclaimer: (This copy is not true to color or detail because of the digital translation)

Viewing instructions: IT helps if you stand back to view the piece of work...hehehe.

< regretfully snipped beautiful painting to save room >

Tribute to Jessica and Nancy
posted again :great:....because of a teeny tiny :waitasec: <probable pro bono> pixel problem :seeya:

Disclaimer: (This copy is not true to color or detail because of the digital translation)

Viewing instructions: IT helps if you stand back to view the piece of work...hehehe.

Lawsy - Your avatar!!! I knew it!!!

I thought that was a likeness of Nancy and J !!! -- Oh, my, what beauty and feeling and just plain talent in your work -- NC is with us again through it, and is with her good, good friend, J, Do any of Nancy's folks know about this? Are you a part of the Butterfly effort? If not, you must share it with them. (You certainly do not have to answer these questions here.) I am just blown away by the beauty and love in the rendering. I, who can't draw a decent circle or stick-man. Let me stop -- it's just beautiful -- please take pride in this wonderful tribute to them both and to all of the folks that made Nancy happy and who will always love and miss her.

Lawsy - Your avatar!!! I knew it!!!

I thought that was a likeness of Nancy and J !!! -- Oh, my, what beauty and feeling and just plain talent in your work -- NC is with us again through it, and is with her good, good friend, J, Do any of Nancy's folks know about this? Are you a part of the Butterfly effort? If not, you must share it with them. (You certainly do not have to answer these questions here.) I am just blown away by the beauty and love in the rendering. I, who can't draw a decent circle or stick-man. Let me stop -- it's just beautiful -- please take pride in this wonderful tribute to them both and to all of the folks that made Nancy happy and who will always love and miss her.

Yes! I sent the framed original watercolor to Jess. I did not know them, nor any of the family or butterfly effort, but I wanted to send Jess a thank you, if you will, a real gesture of love. Nancy's spirit is powerful and she has been "in my head" and I have listened to her. I am deeply grateful. Thank you for your kind words, borndem.

See post #57 on the appeal info. (page 3) for the written tribute, which could have been written to any of Nancy's friends and loved ones who took a stand on her behalf. It is with great honor that I participated in this process. Friendship comes in many forms, and I feel I have a friend in Nancy. Being an artist, I accept inspiration however it shows up. It can just be a "feeling", and I listen. I am deeply grateful.

In the beautiful words of Elizabeth Smart, "By lifting those around you, you end up lifting yourself as well."

Yes! I sent the framed original watercolor to Jess. I did not know them, nor any of the family or butterfly effort, but I wanted to send Jess a thank you, if you will, a real gesture of love. Nancy's spirit is powerful and she has been "in my head" and I have listened to her. I am deeply grateful. Thank you for your kind words, borndem.

See post #57 on the appeal info. (page 3) for the written tribute, which could have been written to any of Nancy's friends and loved ones who took a stand on her behalf. It is with great honor that I participated in this process. Friendship comes in many forms, and I feel I have a friend in Nancy. Being an artist, I accept inspiration however it shows up. It can just be a "feeling", and I listen. I am deeply grateful.

I don't need to look up your verbal tribute -- I remember it & how elegant and eloquent it was.

Yes, sometimes inspiration comes from admiration, empathy, strong dislike, odors (our most evocative sense, I have read), identification, or simply a "feeling" that is impossible or difficult to describe. You draw it; I write about it. In this case, you did both. We thank you.

I am so glad you did pass your work on to J, and I'm sure she was overcome and soon in tears. An original piece of love-art. Awe inspiring, full of wonder, and irreplaceable. Wow.

Occasionally, Nancy's name comes up here typed in red.....just for a little while and then disappears...do you see that borndem, or is that another one of those unexplainable events? I see it in posts that are already written, some by me, some by others. by the way, I don't believe in co-inky-dinks...and I'll just say my question to you is rhetorical and need not be answered. Fair enough? :innocent:

Occasionally, Nancy's name comes up here typed in red.....just for a little while...do you see that borndem, or is that another one of those unexplainable events. I see it in posts that are already written, some by me, some by others.

No, I don't see her name in red -- I do not have that kind of "vision." That is a gift that I was not given -- what I "see" (but only in my mind) is angel's wings -- this is an inspiration from the Angel of Bethesda in NY's Central Park.

angP0009086.jpg

bethesda-angel.jpg

[These pictures are from Wikipedia, under "Angel of Bethesda"]

As you probably know, it is the famous Bethesda Fountain, designed by Emma Stebbins in 1878 and presented in 1883. She was the first woman to get a commission from the City of New York for a major work of art. Her inspiration came from John 5. (Please don't think I am trying to preach here; I am simply citing these verses since they provided Stebbins with her inspiration for the work.)

The angel about is 8 ft. tall, BTW. She is breath-taking. Somehow my mind invokes her -- I never know when it will happen...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 5:1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

Well anyway, there it is, Lawsy.
[/FONT]

:great: I am so deeply grateful :great:

Love life's mysteries and the joy of listening deeply to hear :innocent: whisperings, or if so lucky, see :innocent: footprints, so to speak.
Last night, I silently said Nancy's name while putting my son to sleep, and my son piped up and said, "here's a sign" and I opened my eyes, and he was giving me the "I love you" :rocker: in sign language. I smiled and thanked my lucky stars. No co-inky-dinks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann