George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been thinking about why I liked Juan so much and this pros not so much..

Because when Juan went after someone it was with facts. Not supposition. He made sure his case was strong and solid..

This is paper in the wind... OMO

First she said she heard George screaming many times because they play it on TV all the time then she claimed she could not recognize that was the 911 call when they play that all the time as well.

Spot on! Sondra Osterman is almost as poor a witness as her over eager husband...whose demeanor in a trial of this seriousness was breathtakingly direspectful. She fell flat on her face as well.IMO

Neither is this going to counteract Chris Serino's testimony of " spiteful " et al.:moo:

This witness said GZ using the word *** does not mean hate or spite, so does GZ use it as a word of endearment?

How would you, honestly, refer to the fine, upstanding young men who were burglarizing the homes - and getting away with it - in his development? I didn't hear anger or spite, I really heard exasperation. IMO

The prosecution didn't prove second-degree murder or manslaughter. Now they're trying to make us believe that they can tell that George wanted Trayvon dead because of a few curse words. There is no way that he is showing hatred, ill will, or malice. If we're going by words, we can use Trayvon's "creepy *** cracker" to show what Trayvon said specifically about George. George was talking about burglars in general.

Spot on! Sondra Osterman is almost as poor a witness as her over eager husband...whose demeanor in a trial of this seriousness was breathtakingly direspectful. She fell flat on her face as well.IMO

Neither is this going to counteract Chris Serino's testimony of " spiteful " et al.:moo:

...wonder if it will counteract Serino's statement that he believed GZ...it's been stricken but....everybody now....you can't unring that bell! Just MO.

As for Friday's defense testimony, as I mentioned in my WS Trial Blog....Zimmerman's uncle negated his own testimony. IMO

An uncle of George Zimmerman testified in court that when he " accidently " heard what he swears is his nephew's voice, he didn't yet know there had been a killing. His tale won't hold water because he says he knew it was Zimmerman's voice because he recalls it from his nephew's childhood, as well as his laugh. In more than 20 years, from childhood to an adult approaching 30, a male voice changes dramatically.
IMO

It's not about using "filthy" language.It's about when you call someone an "*advertiser censored*****" or a f"""""""ng punk you're obviously angry,just as you're obviously scared/uneasy when you call someone creepy IMO

I don't agree. I have seen people use those words in annoyance or even just resolution.. Not angry or meanness.

WE can not decide for someone else what they are thinking! That is the issue here..

There is no proof of any malice towards anyone here.

Those words don't have to mean Malice...

OMO

Ive been thinking about why I liked Juan so much and this pros not so much..

Because when Juan went after someone it was with facts. Not supposition. He made sure his case was strong and solid..

This is paper in the wind... OMO

Watching that, my thoughts were... now it gets ugly. On a side note, word is the case Juan is trying against ex-leo Chrisman is going to be live-streamed.

GZ says "he looks like he's on drugs". Toxicology showed drugs in TM's system. Why is that not relevant? Just asking, not accusing, and not interested in the "safety" or "evils" of the wacky weed (I don't care who smokes what).

I don’t believe this trial is about justice or finding out the truth. Why can’t all evidence be brought forth and let the jury decide. How can the jurors make a decision base on the evidence when this judge has blocked relevant evidence that favorable to the defendant. It’s like asking someone to complete a jigsaw puzzle with some of the pieces missing. MOO

It's strange to find myself on the side of the Defense this time but really I'm on the side of Truth and Justice.

This Judge is biased and on the side of the Prosecution. Clearly.

I feel so sad for Zimmerman. What a nightmare this must be for him. Poor guy. I hope the jury finds him not guilty. Prayers for him...[/QUOTE

I have to say I am with you, the prosecution witnesses could have/and should have been defense witnesses! I did not feel the uncle lied!

As for the voice, I have heard chaos in the background of a radio transmission...but easily picked out the cries of my loved one....and had never in 22 years heard those sounds coming from him!

Zimmerman is very soft spoken, his voice is kinda feminine! Trayvon is young and I have not heard his voice on anything, so I am not sure!

Lets face it, GZ should have stayed in the car! Avoid this pain for both families!

OT: I am glad that this site was opened back up, for the last month I have been taking care of nine grandkids, and trying to keep up what is going on in the world! When the last forum closed, and I saw one of my post disappear and then come back....I though I had done something wrong.....and I had only look at the forum for a day or two! lol I am so behind with all these youngins! I get to go home weds, Thank you Jesus...I love them all but this is one tired old lady!:truce:

Mr O, testifies as if he were some kind of expert...yet he has not been deemed an expert by either side. ALL IMO, of course.

Actually, yes I did. I don't really think this judge - or any judge - has bias toward either side, that's why they are judges. (notwithstanding the 'outliers' we can always find if we look hard enough, but I don't think this judge is one of those.)

Judges rule based on the law, I will always believe this. MOO

Having some experience with juvenile court, I'd have to say judges are actually extremely predictable in their biases. A lawyer will sign up for hearings and go in ready to take their case to the judge or pretend they need an extension, based on what judge they get that day through the court "roll of the dice". It's not hard to predict which judge will be more favorable to your client based on their prejudices - some like kids, some like old people, some are more okay with marijuana.

Same thing for divorce judges. Some like men, some like women. Lawyers don't have much difficulty learning which are which.

This one likes the prosecution, strongly and obviously, IMHO.

Watching that, my thoughts were... now it gets ugly. On a side note, word is the case Juan is trying against ex-leo Chrisman is going to be live-streamed.

Great! The Crisman trial is the main reason I think the JA trial is going to be pushed further into the future. Superman that he is, JM can't do two trials at once.

How would you, honestly, refer to the fine, upstanding young men who were burglarizing the homes - and getting away with it - in his development? I didn't hear anger or spite, I really heard exasperation. IMO

IMO I hear anger and spite in that irony not exasperation

sorry,I had the meaning of exasperation wrong,just looked it up exasperation does mean irritation and anger ?

I actually thought that JSS gave and is still giving, loads of consideration to the defense. She, IMO, is trying to make the trial appeal proof. Even so, I have lost count of how many motions for mistrial have been filed.

Motions for mistrial must be made a part of the record for future appeals. JMO, but those of us who have followed trials for 20 plus years, beginning back in the old court TV days, can easily see a bias. If one understands the entire objection process, the basis for objections, legally speaking, it's there, as it is for the legal entry of evidence.

Can someone tell me why GZ's family is forbidden from the court room, yet TM's family is allowed to be present, though they too *testified*?

Whatever type of firearm that air marshal friend carries it sure isn't a Kel-tec. Most likely a Glock. Kel-tecs are considered lower quality/cheaper firearms. Glocks, Rugers, Sig Sauer, etc...are much better quality and are all priced about the same for the same type of weapon, the Kel-tecs are often hundreds less.

I've been going over, (yes, I need a life :blushing:) some the statements GZ gave to police. Here is one statement (see below) that makes me wonder how GZ knew these "burglars" cut in between the buildings, did he actually see a house being burglarized and saw the suspect running or is he just assuming?

"Zimmerman: Um, I had called before and the police had come out, but these guys know the neighborhood very well and they would cut in between buildings and lose..
Singleton: You’re saying these guys. Who are these guys.
Zimmerman: Ah, the people committing the burglaries.
Singleton: So you’ve seen more than one person like looking suspicious and doing these burlaries?
Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am"

It's not about using "filthy" language.It's about when you call someone an "*advertiser censored*****" or a f"""""""ng punk you're obviously angry,just as you're obviously scared/uneasy when you call someone creepy IMO

Positively!! Plus the idea a Victim whose shooter is on trial for murder, has to be berated and accused , falsely or otherwise, is not reasonable...There is no doubt TM was shot dead by the accused...so that TM's hacked social accounts are totally irrevelent....as he is not on trial. IMO

Just saw this written on another forum: Medical Examiner Shiping Bao charged with the second degree murder of the State v. Zimmerman trial. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa