Facts and Opinions Relating to Gary M Hilton Serial Killer???-

The little 11 year old boy comes to mind. The police are checking into that. That occurred 10 years ago and he was shot..and at first I couldn't see the connection. But Now I do. Levi Frady was his name and when he was last seen a large dog was nearby .
I watched the video of Tabor and he said that when he hired Hilton 10 years ago he had the dog then. He mentioned that Hilton was a dog lover and was looking for an employer that would let him bring the dog to work. I assumed that it was Mack he was talking about.

Is there a timeline of where this guy grew up? And when he was in Miami?

Not sure if this is THE Gary Hilton or another one, but there is one who served in the Army, 2nd battalion, 55th air defense artillery in 72-74. That's the only one I found who didn't have a middle initial (all the ones with middle initials were not M), with no location (the other two without middle initials are from AZ and MA). Veteran/Prior Service. From military.com. He would've been age 22-24 at that time.

I think we can rule this out, because it says in one of the articles that he was arrested in 72 for dealing in stolen property in FL.

Not sure if this is THE Gary Hilton or another one, but there is one who served in the Army, 2nd battalion, 55th air defense artillery in 72-74. That's the only one I found who didn't have a middle initial (all the ones with middle initials were not M), with no location (the other two without middle initials are from AZ and MA). Veteran/Prior Service. From military.com. He would've been age 22-24 at that time.

It looks like he has that MO of dealing in stolen property still going...it turns out the van was stolen as well as the tags..please read recent posts under the Bryants thread. I don't want to put someone else's post over here without their permission.

sorry, I just saw that this was already posted yesterday under the Dunlap thread....but I mainly wonder if he will talk...I cannot imagine that the detectives would make the trip without some prior arrangements...
Hilton must be just loving all this attention....for a man who has been so ignored for most of his life, he must be really enjoying this, I feel. Now he really has power....the power to give information that will solve cases, give families some closure, etc......

If Hilton hadn't had the stress to spur him into his latest killing spree, Lord knows when he would have been caught. He is not one to be underestimated.
As to whether or not the van itself was stolen, there are discrepancies in the articles. The license tags were stolen for sure.

sorry, I just saw that this was already posted yesterday under the Dunlap thread....but I mainly wonder if he will talk...I cannot imagine that the detectives would make the trip without some prior arrangements...
Hilton must be just loving all this attention....for a man who has been so ignored for most of his life, he must be really enjoying this, I feel. Now he really has power....the power to give information that will solve cases, give families some closure, etc......

Some serial killers do thrive on the attention, but if he's done this for some time without being caught, I doubt he wanted attention. He found a way to get money that worked for him, and he worked it. Seems to me he was just the opposite, trying to keep attention off himself. Time will tell.

I agree- he certainly made sure he did not get caught, except towards the end when he got careless...cleaning out his van at a gas station...
perhaps he had always done that, but in the past there was no one looking for him, so it did not matter...

Now his whole life has changed...he is no longer free to come and go, of course, no more driving all over, etc.
It just may be, that the only exciting thing in his life remains the power he has - over so many people who seek info from him....
certainly, though, Hilton would much prefer to be free, and in no way do I think that he wanted to get caught...

I think a lot of his "crazy act" was to repel people and keep them at a distance from him. He also had gained title of "local loony" acting like that, yet people just thought he was loony, not a serial killer until all this broke. He seems to know how to play his cards; he did in that dashcam video. Although his talkativeness with the officer was suspicious.
He started spree killing, i honestly think that's the only reason he was caught. That and the atm connection.
Right now he has the media's attention. Once that fades, it will be interesting to see if he admits to any more killings in order to regain some of the attention.

Actually I think he had his talkativeness down to a science, which leads me to believe he has done this many times before. In Florida at the National Forest when he was found camping where he shouldn't be he used the exact same lines on the forest agent...I 'm lost, I got all turned around, I 'll be getting out of here now. Those are the same lines he used in NC when he was stopped in the on private hunting ground..he was lost, got himself all turned around. He had a set story for every situation and I don't think it changed much. He had a plan for what to say, how to act and what to do each time. He was following what had worked in the past. And he stayed with what worked. Maybe if he is offerred a plea deal, he'll say what he knows about Florida cases?

Actually I think he had his talkativeness down to a science, which leads me to believe he has done this many times before. In Florida at the National Forest when he was found camping where he shouldn't be he used the exact same lines on the forest agent...I 'm lost, I got all turned around, I 'll be getting out of here now. Those are the same lines he used in NC when he was stopped in the on private hunting ground..he was lost, got himself all turned around. He had a set story for every situation and I don't think it changed much. He had a plan for what to say, how to act and what to do each time. He was following what had worked in the past. And he stayed with what worked. Maybe if he is offerred a plea deal, he'll say what he knows about Florida cases?

I've worked with a great deal of homeless people on a personal level. Setting aside the fact he has killed someone for a moment, the homeless who panhandle or beg, or even meet someone they don't yet trust - they all have a "story" that they can use to gain sympathy, entice someone to feed them, clothe them or give them money. The stories are basically the same so they can come out smoothly, only changing a few details now and then (such as if you panhandle from a woman with a kid, you mention your kid you lost, or if she has a dog, you change the story to be a dog you lost.)

It's also known in the homeless community that you can keep someone off guard by talking too much. Perhaps he was afraid the officer would search his van, or walk too close to where he put some evidence. Keeping talking, he controlled the officer's eyes and body location without the officer really thinking about that.

The homeless sometimes act like they are out of their heads, but can be very intelligent in the art of manipulating others.

Now, I've set aside the fact he killed someone, we can pick that back up.

That has been my experience as well, GW. I thought about that while reading these stories, especially when he told the cop he loved him. :)

I hope that he will do the same thing, DD. At least maybe some other families will have closure, especially if he can lead them to their bodies.

I wonder if this guy ever had anything to do with the Rainbow Family. I believe their regional gathering right now is in the Ocala National Forest, right near the trail there (I forget what that trail is called, but it is very commonly hiked by avid trail hikers). They left my area recently, or I would have gone and asked, but it's not a very big gathering here anyway. If anyone in that area feels like going down and talking to some of them, especially a fellow named Little Hawk, they may know something. Little Hawk has been on the road for probably 20 years or so. He's an alcoholic, but does have pretty good recall anyway.

I was wondering the same thing, sillyhead. He would fit right in with the Rainbows. I think they have an annual winter gathering there in Ocala. The Rainbows I had contact with were excellent at mooching, conning, thieving, and generally living under the radar. When he told the Cherokee sherriff, "I love ya", something in me just screamed out RRRaaainnbowwww! Yikes! I think they actually have a website now with message boards.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Native New Yorker! The creep is just loving all of the media attention and his being the center of LE's focus!

I noted a news video a day or two ago, it was after Hilton had been in court. It shows him in handcuff's and it appears they are outside, he is surrounded by Law officers and they're running , all of them, up a flight of stairs. Hilton has this expression of sheer excitement and mighty importance upon his face. Just as though he is a member of an elite military team or something. That's how he looked! What a sick sob!

Yes, this guy is loving this and he holds all of the cards. We know for sure that he is very manipulative. I hope they bring him down quick and back to the reality of his sick pitiful existence!

hopeb, their main website is welcomehome.org. But I'd like to dispell a myth. While many rainbows do live off the grid, not all are moochers, thieves, cons, etc. As a matter of fact, I think the majority of them are not like that. This, coming from someone who lived with them non-stop for 8 months.

Anyway, even if he hasn't actually hung out with them for any length of time, some of the old road dogs may recognize him being around from time to time, especially at the ones where there are trails nearby. The gatherings are definitely a place to go get food if someone needs it out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back