Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

Why did the man at the tow yard throw the bag with the maggots over the fence? IIRC, this was the same man who said "that's rotten" when the car door was open and likened the odor to the smell of death...which he had smelled before. Yet he still threw that bag over the fence.

He was obviously not thinking potential murder/crime scene at that moment, either.

Just something to think about...

I have to agree with you, that he was not thinking 'murder/crime' scene when he threw that bag over the fence.

Guess my suggest made me look nasty. Good point I'd clean it too. But her just mentioning it looked like it hadn't been used sounds a little funny. I know it said a kitchen knife but I wonder what kind of kitchen knife it was

I swear I saw someone say it was just a plain butter knife type knife, not a steak knife or anything.....dont quote me on that, just what I remember.

I know. To reference the OJ case when Henry Lee was on the stand (and talking about DNA) he said (paraphrased): "If you go to restaurant and find *advertiser censored* roach in spaghetti do you keep eating the spaghetti?" Nope. Once it is proven that there is no reasonable reason for a blatant lie, then I stop believing that person.

You have just forever ruined spaghetti for me! If I found a cockroach in my spaghetti I would be banned from that restaurant because I'd throw up all over the table!

You're making me go to work early........I GOT to get that thought out of my mind!!!!!

Why did the man at the tow yard throw the bag with the maggots over the fence? IIRC, this was the same man who said "that's rotten" when the car door was open and likened the odor to the smell of death...which he had smelled before. Yet he still threw that bag over the fence.

He was obviously not thinking potential murder/crime scene at that moment, either.

Just something to think about...

Too bad that man was not more on the ball and called the police immediately when he smelled that smell. Of course, George was not going to do it (even though he, of all people, knew better). How could he take the car to the privacy of his home, remove or wash whatever evidence was in there if the car was treated as a crime scene at the lot which it would have been if the police were immediately notified. George needs to be brought up on charges for his act alone.

If they knew it was decomp smell, then why even call the sherriff's office and turn her in? Why not get rid of the knife and pants instead of washing them? If you know it is evidence, you would get rid of it completely....that would be easy enough. Why even report it and incriminate yourself? Doesn't sound like Cindy was 'acting' on the 911 calls. If she was, she did an outstanding job. Sorry, but it just doesn't add up. I'm not defending them at all, nor am I saying that they are not hiding anything...which I think they are. But I don't think they really knew anything in the beginning.

Not lemons with tequila - limes.

Okay - a LONG time lurker and I can finally post something I KNOW about... My bro-in-law is an avid tequilla drinker and you use the

-shot- -lick salt- -bite lemon- pattern.

Anyway - hi! :rolleyes:

First post and it is about tequilla... go figure.

because she is stupid. secondly, she just mentioned the knife to draw attention away from the pants. The pants had WAY more evidence attached to it the knife.

If they knew it was decomp smell, then why even call the sherriff's office and turn her in? Why not get rid of the knife and pants instead of washing them? If you know it is evidence, you would get rid of it completely....that would be easy enough. Why even report it and incriminate yourself? Doesn't sound like Cindy was 'acting' on the 911 calls. If she was, she did an outstanding job. Sorry, but it just doesn't add up. I'm not defending them at all, nor am I saying that they are not hiding anything...which I think they are. But I don't think they really knew anything in the beginning.

She was reporting it to make herself look creditable to LE. It backfired on her *advertiser censored*s though

Too bad that man was not more on the ball and called the police immediately when he smelled that smell. Of course, George was not going to do it (even though he, of all people, knew better). How could he take the car to the privacy of his home, remove or wash whatever evidence was in there if the car was treated as a crime scene at the lot which it would have been if the police were immediately notified. George needs to be brought up on charges for his act alone.

Perhaps that is why the car and its contents were washed so FAST? Maybe someone was worried the "that's rotten" impound dude would have a second thought and tip the authorities.
Reaching...
T

Hi all... I agree that she washed them to cover for Casey. There are some things I'm sure she cannot do anything about to help her, but I'm sure there are some things she can. If given the opportunity to, as we've already witnessed, I believe she'd help her all she possibly could.

There was chloroform in the car. Cindy is a nurse and surely can identify that smell if it were strong enough. If I smelled some decomposing smell in my vehicle, I'd do my own investigating and use my nose to get to the source/s. My nose would be all over that car trying to solve a mystery. So I suspect maybe certain items in the car either had some telling evidence that you could visually see or smell. Perhaps chloroform was spilled onto the pants and the knife was used in some way with it.

I don't think Cindy washed these things for any reason other than to help Casey. I've watched her be very cool headed dealing with vicious people in her face on the tv. So I don't see her panicking and just doing odd things under stress. She was washing things she knows she shouldn't have...and probably wishing she hadn't already told 911 that it smelled like a dead body in the car. Something tells me she only said that to threaten Casey to give up the truth. I can see a series of her using threats to perhaps jolt Casey into telling the truth to her. And when Cindy realized the truth, she then began to cover for Casey and help her get out of trouble as usual.

JMO...just my observations :) I could be absolutely wrong, but I feel strongly she washed those certain items to help her daughter.

I am a stay at home Mom right now with a 3 year old boy and 4 month old..
My 3 yr old has been Playing house... he calls all the big stuffed toys mommy and the little ones are his babies...

With that said..if she just played with the doll alone calling the doll mom that would be kind of strange..

And if the doll was like her soothie..you know what she needed to sleep and be comfortable..than it is real suspicious that it was in the car..

I agree...that is very odd that it was in the car, along with evidence of chloroform. And also that I have read in the documents that the girl was a very sound sleeper while parties were going on.

She screams into the phone that her daughter's damn car smells liek a dead body, she screams that her granddaughter is missing, she then removes only apair of grey pants and a knife, but leaves other items in the car, she takes those items and washes them, she and George search their backyard (for what?). She holds these items and gives the washed items to LE days later.

I think after she realized what was going on - Dead body smell + missing granddaughter + crazy sociopath of a daughter + maggots and flies + foolish story = murdered granddaughter, but it was too late as she had already called th epolice many times in order to SCARE Casey into apologizing and telling her where Caylee was, not once realizing the horror until later and that is when CA and GA instantly switched gears, protect our family and our daughter.

how do we even know if it is the same knife? knives usually come in sets. the way that wacky group is, she could have tossed the "knife in question" and given them a different one.... it could have been bent because it was used to break a lock - like a shed lock maybe? then again, why even mention it in the first place?

Evidently he wasn't the only one not more on the ball that day. The odor in the car was reported to LE that very day (smells like a dead body in the damn car) and LE did not collect it as evidence that day. They took it the next day.

Wonder where the other clothes CasA was wearing that day went. Where is the top? What about her underwear?
Did she go back to Hopespring daily for clean clothes and toiletries if she wasnt sleeping there? If Caylee wasnt potty trained yet, what about xtra diapers or training pants? Any kept with her?
If she stayed with friends so often, what about changes of clothes for her? What about x-tra clothes and toys for Caylee?

She screams into the phone that her daughter's damn car smells liek a dead body, she screams that her granddaughter is missing, she then removes only apair of grey pants and a knife, but leaves other items in the car, she takes those items and washes them, she and George search their backyard (for what?). She holds these items and gives the washed items to LE days later.

I think after she realized what was going on - Dead body smell + missing granddaughter + crazy sociopath of a daughter + maggots and flies + foolish story = murdered granddaughter, but it was too late as she had already called th epolice many times in order to SCARE Casey into apologizing and telling her where Caylee was, not once realizing the horror until later and that is when CA and GA instantly switched gears, protect our family and our daughter.

I find it stunning that IF Cindy and George really believe Caylee was kidnapped that they are not kicking themselves in public for cleaning up the car (washing pants, etc.). You did not see them go on the television and say, "We are so upset, someone had stolen our granddaughter, and we unknowingly may have destroyed evidence that would have helped us find her!" :) Because according to Casey's latest version (from LP) of the kidnapping, Casey was with Caylee at Blanchard Park (obviously drove in Casey's car) when Zenaida and the Sippy Cup Gang stole Caylee (leaving Casey with a script).

I find it stunning that IF Cindy and George really believe Caylee was kidnapped that they are not kicking themselves in public for cleaning up the car (washing pants, etc.). You did not see them go on the television and say, "We are so upset, someone had stolen our granddaughter, and we unknowingly may have destroyed evidence that would have helped us find her!" :) Because according to Casey's latest version (from LP) of the kidnapping, Casey was with Caylee at Blanchard Park (obviously drove in Casey's car) when Zenaida and the Sippy Cup Gang stole Caylee (leaving Casey with a script).

Exactly. They don't believe Caylee was kidnapped or they would be very upset they tampered with evidence. There is also no sign of them searching in Texas, New Jersey, or Puerto Rico. All of these were places Cindy said Caylee might be.

Why did Casey drive the car around with Caylees doll,backpack and car seat in it which would be a constant reminder to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back