TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling all locals.... Calling all locals.... We NEED you! :detective:
If just lurking, please join! :great:
:jumping:

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

Remember Stacy Peterson? She was afraid of her husband. He used the cell phone as a way of monitoring her 24/7. I wonder if Billie or Hailey were afraid of someone snooping in their call or text history?

My 15 year old son does this with his phone, deletes messages and called #'s immediately, for fear his little obnoxious brother will snoop thru his phone and invade his privacy ( which has happened before ), so it could be something as simple as that as well.

You cannot just pull someone who is under 18 in and polygraph them. You cannot even question them. You need parental consent.

I think that definitely the last person(s) to see her need to be polygraphed. Then maybe the other people closest to her. Then work out from there. But I don't think they will have to go very far... they usually don't.

Sorry, just catching up and not sure if someone else has commented on this or not.

But, YES, in TX you can question and polygraph minors, as long as they're not in custody.

In Texas a child---which is considered between 10 and 17 years of age---can be questioned w/out parental consent, presence or notification and without being read / given "miranda warning" AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT IN CUSTODY.

snipped>>

A “child” is defined by Section 51.02(2) of the Texas Family Code to be between the ages of 10 and 17, and 17 or older, but not 18 if the allegations stem from acts committed before the juvenile turned 17.

A child’s statement is governed by §51.095 only if one of three criteria are met:

1.) the child is in a detention facility or other place of confinement,
2.) the child is in the custody of an officer, or
3.) during or after the interrogation of the child by an officer if the child is in possession of the Department of Protective and Regulatory and suspected of a crime.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/kids-say-the-darndest-things

snipped>>

If a child is taken into custody under Section 52.01 of this code, a person may not administer a polygraph examination to the child without the consent of the child's attorney or the juvenile court unless the child is transferred to criminal court for prosecution under Section 54.02 of this code.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/FA/3/51/51.151

http://www.criminaljusticecoalition...xas_Appleseed_guide_for_youth_and_parents.pdf

snipped>>

There is no federal constitutional right of a juvenile to have a parent notified when the police seek to interview a juvenile, whether on or off school property and whether by police or a school resource officer (SRO).

Texas does have statutes that impose certain duties upon police when interviewing juveniles who are in custody.

http://www.school-training.com/newsletter/articles/questioning-students-tx.shtml

Okay, with regard to SA, I know nothing about him, except what I have read here, and while I agree that things seem hinky with him, these are just my thoughts...

I do not necessarily find it strange that he drops by the house on a regular basis and at various times throughout the day. We do not know what his line of work is. He may have a job with variable hours and may drop in and out for lunch or just to hang out if he has some down time. I personally do not find it all that strange. I had a BF who used to do the same because my house was closer to where he would do most of his work. Maybe Billie's house is closer to where he generally works, maybe not. We just don't have enough info. But apparently Billie did not find it strange for him to drop in at various times. She assumed that he dropped over at lunch time, but maybe whatever he does for a living cause him to work later that day than normal and he took a late lunch or simply got off early. We just don't know.

I also don't find it strange that she was on the phone for a 1/2 hour outside in the backyard, if that is indeed the case. I recall spending tons of time on the phone talking to friends etc. Sometimes, if it was nice, I will go outside, not necessarily to get away from people, but just because I liked being outside.

~snipped by me for space~BBM
Billie knew he got off early, she had thought it was 1:00 until yesterday when she found out he got off at 3:00

Being a mother of two adult daughters and two grown g-daughters, I do not find it strange for the length of the phone call or for being outside talking.

I just posted a reply , rather lengthy, it said I had to refresh the page, so lost it!
C city is my home town, this situation about Hailey has all of us worried sick! I pray for Hailey minute by minute, that she returns home safe, I have been here for over 55 yrs....
while at times, people can be too nosey, at a time like this we all pull together. One I see Hailey is doing for all of us, we are on the same page, she is bringing us together !! I have become friends with people who have a lake cabin and are concerned.

I did want to clarify about our pf, we have the police chief and 3 officers, major management changes in the past year brought about budget cuts in all areas of the city, we normally have 7 officers. The officer only have the towns best interest as their concern. if I can help clarify anything or help, let me know, I am glad Billie's friend czgtz is here to help!

I know that things are more relaxed in a small town than in a big one....I live in a really small town....but, something bothers me about HOW relaxed things seem to be with this family. Dad has a new baby with his gf....mom has a bf who sometimes lives with her and the 2 kids....sounds like SA has a key and drops in whenever....he's not that much older than the kids. I wonder if Hailey felt uncomfortable about this? Probably me just being old fashioned. Never mind..

Yes, it is very puzzling..because not only would you think you could just scrool thru cell phone but in this day and age pretty much everything is via internet.. whatever mobile company they are with surely has a website where you can log in at any time of day 24/7 and look at anything to do with any cell on your plan..look at calls in/out/missed along with the amt of time for each, as well as all text in/out, and any internet use from the cell as well.

So, am very confused when it was stated the mom's cell records were supposed to have "come in" today..As in come in from where? I don't get that at alll

The company I have on their website it just shows the numbers I have called. The incoming calls just say incoming call, and it shows how many text we have used. Dont know what service she has. So maybe that is why they were waiting on the phone records.

:great: spankysmom :great:

:welcome5:

Oh, I am sure we are FULL of questions ...
One being, do any locals know of any boarded up houses on the street where Hailey lives?

Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with coming up with info on SA?

Welcome Spankysmom! We are pulling together with you, all hoping to bring Hailey home and safe Youre right, some things seem mosey but right now is the time to ask anything and speak up about everything. Sorry for your whole town in this time of 'panic'

I know that things are more relaxed in a small town than in a big one....I live in a really small town....but, something bothers me about HOW relaxed things seem to be with this family. Dad has a new baby with his gf....mom has a bf who sometimes lives with her and the 2 kids....sounds like SA has a key and drops in whenever....he's not that much older than the kids. I wonder if Hailey felt uncomfortable about this? Probably me just being old fashioned. Never mind..

Being raised with both parents and a different generation, I would have felt uncomfortable for my moms bf to come over..... with her being gone and me being the only one at home, I understand what ur saying Amster!

the <modsnip>

Okay, we need to see if you can be verified as a local insider so that you can post information even if there is no media link for it. WS rules or TOS are designed to help us keep from spreading unfounded rumors. If you are getting info straight from family etc., and Tricia can verify that you are who you say you are, she will let you have a bit more freedom in what you can post. She does not reveal any presonal info such as your real name unless you ask her to. Make sense?

Here is the link for instructions on how to be verified:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Can anyone provide me with a link to an article that has all the names in the article (mother, father, boyfriend)?

Please don't list the names here, just the link please. I would like to link that article in the description of Nancy's show from Monday night. Thanks.

(I'm a bit under the weather and just can't do the searching .... :( )

Where does Billie work?

She works 12 hr shifts in Snyder, 20 min, from c c ity. I met her and the bf at the prayer vigil the other night, she is a very tiny cute young woman, she looks 16 ! the bf smiled and shook my hand, Im sure I have seen him before, not placing where yet, I dont know any of Hailey's family. Being here all of my life, it drives me crazy that I dont know everyone!

The company I have on their website it just shows the numbers I have called. The incoming calls just say incoming call, and it shows how many text we have used. Dont know what service she has. So maybe that is why they were waiting on the phone records.

Mine, at&t shows all outgoing & incoming on both my phone and on the website... FWIW

Okay, we need to see if you can be verified as a local insider so that you can post information even if there is no media link for it. WS rules or TOS are designed to help us keep from spreading unfounded rumors. If you are getting info straight from family etc., and Tricia can verify that you are who you say you are, she will let you have a bit more freedom in what you can post. She does not reveal any presonal info such as your real name unless you ask her to. Make sense?

Here is the link for instructions on how to be verified:

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks...I've been searching for the link to the "verification" process for 15 mins.

Please, please get verified as local...it's not a major process and is only done to ensure the integrity of the information posted here; to the extent possible.

Good Morning Fellow WSers...:wave::wave:

And to all of our new members :welcome3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members