Texas addresses

A Sudden Epiphany.....

I don't think it can or will be shown that she ever lived at ANY of the Texas addresses, some of which are businesses.

When she used a false address on an application or document and had to receive mail there, she may have filled out a change of address form or forwarding form so that mail automatically would be sent to someplace she could get it after it was found to not be deliverable at that address. She may have had a LOT of post office boxes! The post office disposes of these forwarding forms after a certain interval so no path led to her, it simply evaporated behind her after a time. That may have been the game in Idaho, why no one recognizes her from that address. She may never have even physically been there let alone lived there. I bet no one will ever recognize her at any of the Texas addresses either. Once again LEK has us pointlessly chasing out tails in a circle.

I have never seen anyone who went to such lengths to conceal their path. I think that why she did it will end up being more interesting than who she really was.

About the Mockingbird location... I worked for Virgin when we scouted their location at Mockingbird station... Before we built it out it was an old factory of some sort (I think someone said it was an old Dr. Pepper bottling factory). So, we built it out in 2000-2001 and there were lofts, condos & apartments built above our store.

Right accross the street there was a large hotel that didn't have the best reputation... I know that hotel was closed and a new one (possibly razed and rebuilt) created.

That area has changed quite a bit from the time Lori was using that address... It could also be possible that she was in an illegal rental, like renting a room above a shop....

LEK had listed the following as one of her addresses according to Ancestry.com:

1111 W. Airport Dr. #147, Irving, Texas. This comes back as a Pain and Accidental Injury Chiropractic center that has been in business for 21 years. There is a chain of these facilities in the Dallas area now.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Accident.And.Injury.Pain.Centers.972-252-4878

On the Seattle Times comment page...someone has pulled up the bankruptcy filing and they say a Dr. is someone LEK owed money to... they wrote, "The Doctor apparently still practices in Dallas (74 yrs old). Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. "

Perhaps LEK was in some type of accident? She needed physical rehab for something?

Why would she use the Pain Center as one of her many addresses???

--Cindy

This maybe nothing but relatives of Bob Kennedy list a Lori Kennedy of Irving Tx.

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/pe...tml;jsessionid=R4gNkPoMlgo45xKmCToJsw**.node2

from unclaimed

Attachments

• unclaimed lori.jpg
    unclaimed lori.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 184
Sorry on my phone now. Just go to Texas unclaimed property site it's a free search and search lori kennedy. Don't use middle initial .. It appears there were some valid addresses under different middle initials. These businesses could date her at certain addresses. It appears our Laciner may have lived in Austin for some time before I got that off reunion.com

Is this relevant? I can barely see it, but looks like it is from 2006 and 2010. We knew where she was then, right?

Please let me know if I'm missing the point.

I think that the dates provided are just the dates reported - I was looking a while back at a missing person's case of someone missing since the late 80s, who had property reported unclaimed many years later on one of the lists (and it's definitely the same person, and it's not a recent unclaimed property). Also shows she worked for NCH Corp at the time, I'm guessing the funds are a last paycheque or something.

Also, is there any record of her ever living in Princeton, TX? This is almost certainly a coincidence, but I've found unclaimed funds for a Becky S Turner from Melaleuca, Inc (a multi-layer marketing company) - the funds have been "reported by" the state of Idaho, and the address given for this Becky S Turner is in Princeton, Texas.

Just thinking out loud here, but any evidence we have of a physical residence places her within a roughly 100 mile radius around Dallas. I'm assuming that having your name changed requires you to set foot in a court building at least once, so from late June/early July 1988 until her death, she would have been a permanent resident of that region. In fact, with the exception of Longview, she seems to have lived in the immediate Dallas/Ft. Worth metropolitan area exclusively. Given how much change her life appears to have involved in the late 80s and early 90s, that's an awfully sedentary lifestyle for someone who has no particular attachment to that area.

Furthermore, according to various real estate websites the property she listed as a residential address in Boise, ID existed at the time she used it. Which means, Google Streetview would still give a fairly accurate picture of what the property looked like at the time. A quick glance shows it to be a small (duplex?) home, not some appartment block where you'd have any reasonable chance of living anonymously. From what's been posted here, I gather that none of the residents and neighbors from back then had any memory of her. So either there's a huge conspiracy among those homeowners to keep Jane Doe's identity secret, or more likely she never lived there, and the information can be discounted as proof of residency. Also, none of her supposed contacts in California (Mr. Perkins, Ms. Jeung) have any recollection of her either. I'm aware of the Ruffs' claim that she didn't have a Texas accent, but it also stands to reason that a person who grew up in a metropolitan area would have a much greater chance of speaking without an accent than someone born and raised in a somewhat more rural county such as Gregg. And then of course, just because you're from Texas doesn't mean your parents who taught you to speak have to be. And so forth.

All of which leads me to one question. Am I correct in assuming there's no concrete evidence whatsoever that Jane Doe ever spent any significant amount of time outside the greater Dallas area, while there's plenty of evidence to show an attachment to that particular region? I understand the obvious objection to a Dallas origin: "why would someone who doesn't want to be found not change their place of residence". I'm not sure that objection is valid. The metropolitan area had roughly 5 million inhabitants at the time. It's perfectly possible to disappear in an urban area of that size. In some cases, merely avoiding certain districts will already do the trick. In addition, things like the somewhat amateurish resume, letter of reference, her GED scores contradict the hypothesis that we're dealing with a master strategist of above-average intelligence, who would cover all possible angles. At the very least, the information we have doesn't rule out a much simpler, more provincial personality, who'd (random example) ask a friend to walk her through the steps of becoming a blank slate, and then move to the other end of the city. It seems to me any difficulty in determining her identity is mainly due to the scarcity of evidence, not due to any unusual steps she took to conceal it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to jump to any conclusions. What I'm trying to do is determine the most likely candidate area for her geographical origin, based strictly on available evidence, so the search for Jane Doe's original identity can be narrowed down. If there are any flaws in my reasoning or facts I might have gotten confused, please don't hesitate to point them out to me. I'm new to this.

Just thinking out loud here, but any evidence we have of a physical residence places her within a roughly 100 mile radius around Dallas. I'm assuming that having your name changed requires you to set foot in a court building at least once, so from late June/early July 1988 until her death, she would have been a permanent resident of that region. In fact, with the exception of Longview, she seems to have lived in the immediate Dallas/Ft. Worth metropolitan area exclusively. Given how much change her life appears to have involved in the late 80s and early 90s, that's an awfully sedentary lifestyle for someone who has no particular attachment to that area.

Furthermore, according to various real estate websites the property she listed as a residential address in Boise, ID existed at the time she used it. Which means, Google Streetview would still give a fairly accurate picture of what the property looked like at the time. A quick glance shows it to be a small (duplex?) home, not some appartment block where you'd have any reasonable chance of living anonymously. From what's been posted here, I gather that none of the residents and neighbors from back then had any memory of her. So either there's a huge conspiracy among those homeowners to keep Jane Doe's identity secret, or more likely she never lived there, and the information can be discounted as proof of residency. Also, none of her supposed contacts in California (Mr. Perkins, Ms. Jeung) have any recollection of her either. I'm aware of the Ruffs' claim that she didn't have a Texas accent, but it also stands to reason that a person who grew up in a metropolitan area would have a much greater chance of speaking without an accent than someone born and raised in a somewhat more rural county such as Gregg. And then of course, just because you're from Texas doesn't mean your parents who taught you to speak have to be. And so forth.

All of which leads me to one question. Am I correct in assuming there's no concrete evidence whatsoever that Jane Doe ever spent any significant amount of time outside the greater Dallas area, while there's plenty of evidence to show an attachment to that particular region? I understand the obvious objection to a Dallas origin: "why would someone who doesn't want to be found not change their place of residence". I'm not sure that objection is valid. The metropolitan area had roughly 5 million inhabitants at the time. It's perfectly possible to disappear in an urban area of that size. In some cases, merely avoiding certain districts will already do the trick. In addition, things like the somewhat amateurish resume, letter of reference, her GED scores contradict the hypothesis that we're dealing with a master strategist of above-average intelligence, who would cover all possible angles. At the very least, the information we have doesn't rule out a much simpler, more provincial personality, who'd (random example) ask a friend to walk her through the steps of becoming a blank slate, and then move to the other end of the city. It seems to me any difficulty in determining her identity is mainly due to the scarcity of evidence, not due to any unusual steps she took to conceal it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to jump to any conclusions. What I'm trying to do is determine the most likely candidate area for her geographical origin, based strictly on available evidence, so the search for Jane Doe's original identity can be narrowed down. If there are any flaws in my reasoning or facts I might have gotten confused, please don't hesitate to point them out to me. I'm new to this.

This makes sense if she changed her identity to flee a financial situation & not a domestic partner. I have wondered if she was embezzling money or simply had a huge debt that she wanted to escape. She filed for bankruptcy as FLEK, so she had money issues.

I agree with the SSI detective that she must have had help with the identity theft--she didn't do that on her own based on the amateurish reference letter and other writing.

I'd be interested in seeing her job history based on her SSN--where in the D/FW area did she work for all the years before she married into the Ruff family?

She probably had some volatile relationships in her past based on her inability to get along with her in-laws. Why would someone aggressively say "IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" when asked an innocent question about where you grew up? Why not make up something vague, then tell them that you are estranged & it's painful to talk about. The way FLEK handled it seems mentally unstable to me.

I think that the dates provided are just the dates reported - I was looking a while back at a missing person's case of someone missing since the late 80s, who had property reported unclaimed many years later on one of the lists (and it's definitely the same person, and it's not a recent unclaimed property). Also shows she worked for NCH Corp at the time, I'm guessing the funds are a last paycheque or something.

Also, is there any record of her ever living in Princeton, TX? This is almost certainly a coincidence, but I've found unclaimed funds for a Becky S Turner from Melaleuca, Inc (a multi-layer marketing company) - the funds have been "reported by" the state of Idaho, and the address given for this Becky S Turner is in Princeton, Texas.

The Melaleuca company used to sell person to person items w/ melaleuca in them. Our neighbor was always trying to get us to buy the zillion dollar laundry detergent from them that she sold. She had to keep a large inventory that she bought and sell a lot each month to meet sales goals. She lost a ton of money doing this. Perhaps this is something similar for FLEK?

Great posts!!

I agree with the statement how LEK spoke to the R's about her past. Geezez...just say well... I'd rather not get into it too much...bla bla... something light rather than abrasive towards your inlaws. I can see that as being very unstable as well.
Can we see her work history with her SSN or is that totally private?
One would think B. Ruff would have somehow found something odd and found more info on her considering he lived with her. Hard to imagine he not wondering about her past, I find that extremely odd.

In relation to her alleged dancing days, I looked up the atmosphere from that time (1997). I found them to be starting a Baby Dolls club at 6300 N Central Expressway. This location was 1.4 miles away from the 6102 Mockingbird address. It is also in the vicinity of the vegetarian restaurant that had been suggested earlier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 73
In relation to her alleged dancing days, I looked up the atmosphere from that time (1997). I found them to be starting a Baby Dolls club at 6300 N Central Expressway. This location was 1.4 miles away from the 6102 Mockingbird address. It is also in the vicinity of the vegetarian restaurant that had been suggested earlier.

And here is a map.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 63
I was reading about reasons people assume false identities & one of the recommendations was that after you gain another's ID, you set about leaving a trail of MISINFORMATION--and it seems as if FLEK has done this--the bogus addresses, etc.

It's so frustrating! I can only imagine how devastated and angry the Ruff family must be--I can't imagine being married to a stranger & only finding out about it after death.

It seems to me that for a woman to to that to her husband is quite chilling. I mean, if I was running from an abuser, and I had changed my identity to keep him away from me, I wouldn't have a problem telling my husband, someone I met AFTER the fact.

What could be in her past that she felt unable to even share with her husband, the father of her only child? I know the relationship fell apart right before her suicide, but it just strikes me as weird.

What could be in her past that she felt unable to even share with her husband, the father of her only child? I know the relationship fell apart right before her suicide, but it just strikes me as weird.

On pure speculation: something unspectacular like a young, low-income woman with no living family wanting to get rid of an unremarkable criminal record (DUI, vandalism, theft, whatever) or a bad credit rating? Something her presumably conservative in-laws from a mid-sized Texas town would never condone, so she decided not to tell them?

It seems to me that the sensationalist stories run by the Seattle Times and Fox have turned this into more than it is, and now people are wondering if she was an alien who had taken human form. I understand how intriguing it is to speculate about cults, serial killers, psychotic women running from phantom threats, and so on. In reality however, such things are very rare, and most cases like the one involving our Jane Doe have pretty mundane explanations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back