MI - Troy Gooch for attempted rape of 14yo girl, Clio, 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Registered Sex Offender Troy Gooch broke into a home and took a sleeping 14 year old girl by knife point to her basement and tried to force her into a crawl space. Thank God this little girl fought back.

This link leads to many comments on the article including some from Gooch's brother. Ya know his brother raped an adult before and it's not relevant. To blaming the victim's family. Others have also commented from the poor victim's family.

No matter this guy raped before. He's on a registery. We know how that hinders reoffending sex offenders. Now he breaks into a home and abducts a 14 year old at knife point?:banghead:

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/09/sex_offender_troy_gooch_charge.html

http://www.mlive.com/clio/index.ssf/2009/01/clio_man_troy_gooch_pleads_to.html

From the article above:

"Troy Anthony Gooch, the 34-year-old Clio man brought up on charges of kidnapping and attempted sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in late August, pleaded guilty last week to lesser charges stemming from the incident. "

Bolding by me.

also from article:

"It's not the first time Gooch has pleaded a case down to lesser charges. Gooch was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct in 1993 for an incident in Argentine Township.

He pleaded to felony third-degree criminal sexual conduct, served an eight-year sentence and was released on parole in 2002."

also:

"According to Circuit Court records, Gooch was originally charged in District Court with: (count one) kidnapping-child enticement; (count two) kidnapping; (count three) assault with intent to commit CSC; (count four) accosting a child for immoral purposes; and (count five) assault with intent to commit great bodily harm. For a plea of guilty in Circuit Court, the prosecutor agreed to amend count five to felonious assault and to dismiss counts two, three and four.
Gooch will be sentenced Feb. 24."

Bolding by me.

That 13 year old girl is very brave for fighting him off! They should lock him up for life, he'll just reoffend again otherwise.

I agree MeoW333. So if I read the article correctly he plead guilty to count one which was kidnapping/child enticement, and the fifth charge which was amended to felonious assault. Not very benign charges to plead guilty to if you ask me, but then again that's just my humble opinion.

Sometimes our legal system is a hideous mess.

I've been involved in a case where a friend go into some trouble and mostly because of who she was with and sincer her Dad was a cop (not well liked) the TOTALLY threw the book at her and came up with as many charges as they could.

HER ATTORNEY, court appointed, but was the President of the Bar at the time, instructed her to plead guilty on, get this: kidnapping with a firearm.

I couldn't believe it. She was in the car with her boyfriend driving, there was a gun in the car (not her gun) and they were instructed to drive this drug dealer who got beat up by another dealer to the bus station, get him a ticket and put him on the bus. It seemed crazy to me, but the attorney was adamant that this was the only way. She did 2.5 of a 5 year at Chowchilla. During that time she took computer classes and her job before she was released was personal assistant to the Warden.

For that she is forever seen as a violent felon. It couldn't be further from the truth, she's an upstanding adult now with three great kids.

We just don't know what's really going on in cases like this and it gets convoluted and messy.

I'm on the fence with this.

Seriously, guys like this should get castrated and tossed off a high bridge.

That 13 year old girl is very brave for fighting him off! They should lock him up for life, he'll just reoffend again otherwise.
I must think differently than many here. Lock him up?? No...let's get creative. How about givin the *advertiser censored* the needle? Or we could let him ride the lightning. Anyway..you get my drift....don't you?

He was supposed to be sentenced February of last year?

I can't find anything on this.

Anyone?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member