Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #68 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The affidavit won't include everything. We will have to wait until Notice of Grounds of Appeal are filed. This article has more info.

http://www.rdm.co.za/politics/2015/12/09/why-oscar-s-appeal-to-the-constitutional-court-will-fail

Thanks JJ.

I think the gist of it is that he (OP) is saying SCA erred, hence the unfairness. The arrogance never ceases and never ceases to amaze. I think the time is long since passed where he can say he was prejudiced by the trial being televised.

As I said before, his multiple defences have come back to bite him and he will never overcome that. Serves him right for trying to be clever and denying everything. And thank goodness really for Masipa's double dutch judgement.

As you say though, there could be more to come as the affidavit was not exhaustive.

Thanks JJ.

I think the gist of it is that he (OP) is saying SCA erred, hence the unfairness. The arrogance never ceases and never ceases to amaze. I think the time is long since passed where he can say he was prejudiced by the trial being televised.

As I said before, his multiple defences have come back to bite him and he will never overcome that. Serves him right for trying to be clever and denying everything. And thank goodness really for Masipa's double dutch judgement.

As you say though, there could be more to come as the affidavit was not exhaustive.

I agree 100%. He thought he was covering all bases with his multiple defences. Masipa should never have allowed that to happen. I've never heard of that before as the Defence is required to file a Notice of Grounds of Defence. I have no idea what happened with that. No-one, and I think that might also include Roux, knew what he was going to say next. Imagine having a client like that. Then there was all that double tap nonsense.

What really infuriated me was the dreadful bullying by Roux of the ear witnesses, especially Michelle Burger and the Stipps, of them colluding with their partners. However, in Roux's eyes there was nothing wrong with OP listening to everything all the witnesses said and OP then tailoring his stories to accommodate that which didn't fit with his version/s. If I was the prosecutor I'd have loved to put this to him in no uncertain terms. The more I hear and read about him, the more I need a huge green bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288