George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised to see this witness.
I though the judge ruled voice analysis inadmissible?

I thought the judge ruled the voice analysis inadmissible, too. Maybe because he's FBI, and they said it could not be definitively determined either way? Perhaps she just ruled not to admit private or outside analysis? This should be interesting, in any event.

I can understand him just fine

He says he can't tell who was screaming for help

I meant all the algorithm speak.. ;) I can actually understand him fine.. In fact better than some of the others.. but the algorithm stuff?? You lose me...

I just don't get that..

I'm not really understanding what the state is doing here. Wouldn't this muddy the waters? Unless this gentleman came up with something else that would be helpful to them.

So basically he is testifying that there can be no accurate evaluation done to say for sure whose voice it was.

Can't make a comparison. So is he there to say that even if people say it was either George or Trayvon that it is just an 'opinion' and can not be scientifically verified. That's how I'm taking it.

I'm not really understanding what the state is doing here. Wouldn't this muddy the waters? Unless this gentleman came up with something else that would be helpful to them.

IMO, I think they are trying to get him to say that George was not screaming

I am surprised to see this witness.
I though the judge ruled voice analysis inadmissible?

I think he's going to state that voice analysis cannot be proven by the audio sample, thus experts won't be testifying either way.

Oh, And good morning all!

Does the defense have someone who will say it was GZ screaming?

Can't make a comparison. So is he there to say that even if people say it was either George or Trayvon that it is just an 'opinion' and can not be scientifically verified. That's how I'm taking it.

Agree!

If it cannot be shown exactly who it is screaming they need to move on to something else.

I think the state was hoping he would be able to tell them who was really screaming.

JMO

I believe that neither defense nor prosecution will have voice experts. This expert has been accepted by the defense as well as prosecution. Correct me if I am wrong, plz.

If it cannot be shown exactly who it is screaming they need to move on to something else.

I think the state was hoping he would be able to tell them who was really screaming.

JMO

I guess this witness is the same as some others the State has presented. They want to use him before the Defense.

JMO

I just find it completely irrelevant that witnesses say that it was TM's voice. As they did not know him, Did not see them but more than shadows, and are guessing. Outright guessing.

Yes but when the witness is the victim's parent/s one would think they would show signs of emotion when they hear (or believe they hear) their child screaming for help desperately while being attacked and killed.

No emotion shown whatsoever. Will they show emotion when they claim that is their child screaming on the witness stand?

I think it might be VERY relevant if their demeanor changes when on the stand (assuming any of the jurors notice it).

Yes but when the witness is the victim's parent/s one would think they would show signs of emotion when they hear (or believe they hear) their child screaming for help desperately while being attacked and killed.

No emotion shown whatsoever. Will they show no emotion when they testify regarding that tape on the witness stand?

Tracy Martin said the voice on the tape was not his son and TM's mother said that it was.

Yeah just tuned in 10 minutes ago and I can't tell what the point of this witnesses' testimony is.

I thought the Judge ruled that neither side could call a lay witness. At this point I think what this witness has testified would negate any other witness as having an agenda depending on which side they were testifying.

JMO

No emotion shown whatsoever. Will they show emotion when they claim that is their child screaming on the witness stand?

I think it might be VERY relevant.

I think his mother said she did not think it was TM in the beginning...

This testimony to me was a whole lot of nothing..

Basically we can not analyze the voices. That is all. could have been said in 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni