George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting, because the defense asked for a finding of manslaughter if Nelson couldn't completely dismiss the case after the prosecution rested.

On the other hand, if I were the defense, I wouldn't want Manslaughter in there either.

I think there's zero chance he'll be convicted of murder, but there is a chance a jury would go for manslaughter.

IMHO

Agreed. Prosecution is well aware they don't have a case and are hoping for an emotional jury to convict him on a lesser. IMO.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, the Victim's parents are under threats from those who think GZ shouldn't be on trial..and they are more than adamant about it...they need protection..look what heppened to their son. IMO

The Judge, as always, is calm and bussiness like. West rebuked, is a slight bit calmer...but I notice O' Mara is doing all the talking....wants no more fireworks.

IMO

I have not heard anything like that. Can you please provide a link?

ETA: I just googled and there are pages and pages and pages of threats against the defense, but nothing whatsoever against the Martin family. Hmmmm.

ETA: Nevermind. I found one FB page.

Yes, that was what the woman testified. I think she was a very powerful witness for the defense. Every young mother's nightmare is being home with a small child and hearing two men breaking into your back door. JMO

Not being snarky, but what does that have to do with TM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well all I bet we get closed down soon so I don't to miss out on saying good bye!

We are almost there!

I missed something... what happened to the ATF guy that was being called as a Rebuttal witness?

Fresh air... :)
ME too. The beginning had me completely wanting to throw GZ in jail for life. I was infuriated over this.. Based on media.

I decided not to watch anything after that and left it til now. I came in thinking he was most likely guilty.
The STATE changed my mind. For me at this point. I would vote NOT Guilty M2 and Not Guilty MS.

Scarlett, I want you to know that you ruffled my feathers a few times during the JA trial (just because I'm quick to judge) but you have more than redeemed my estimation of your personality during this case.

You are doing an admirable job of speaking up, being committed, not being drowned out AND holding your own.

Rock On!

That's because manslaughter has a very stiff sentence.

Well, and also because the jury might actually go for that.

I think they're probably free and clear if the jury can only choose between not guilty and murder2.

IMHO

:wave:

This thread will be closing in 15 minutes. We will resume again tomorrow morning.

Don't forget to listen to Tricia's show tonite. I'll get a link and put it on the next post before we close.

Good night Peeps!

:seeya:

Scarlett, I want you to know that you ruffled my feathers a few times during the JA trial (just because I'm quick to judge) but you have more than redeemed my estimation of your personality during this case.

You are doing an admirable job of speaking up, being committed, not being drowned out AND holding your own.

Rock On!

Im glad to hear that! I wish you would have pm'd me. That JA thread went so fast and it was my first trial here so I was a greenhorn!

Thank you for the compliment! :)

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, the Victim's parents are under threats from those who think GZ shouldn't be on trial..and they are more than adamant about it...they need protection..look what heppened to their son. IMO

The Judge, as always, is calm and bussiness like. West rebuked, is a slight bit calmer...but I notice O' Mara is doing all the talking....wants no more fireworks.

IMO

I have no doubt there are crazies on both sides....just seemed odd they walked out before knowing if there would be a manslaughter charge.

Also we were wondering who the grey man was....I think we know now. LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆