VERDICT WATCH NY - Dr. Mary Yoder, 60, fatally poisoned, Whitesboro, 22 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we knew the jury would struggle with this case. Okay, so a do-over trial, but I don't know if there's any way prosecution can add a thing to make it obvious, with no doubt, that Conley actually administered the toxic colchicine.

Some stray thoughts...I was surprised not many witnesses came forward that could support the motive of her obsession and revengefulness, nor did many actually testify that they thought she did it. One said they didn't think she'd do it alone. Basically, it seems she came across too steady, straight-forward, and sane.

That's probably because she has no close girlfriends or friends period who could give insight into what a diabolical person she is. Even her family is probably not talking. There were probably plenty of other "victims" of her wrath and ire, however, none that succumbed to death by murder at her hands. I am sure that most who had ever been under her spell, old boyfriends, female friends, just wanted to be rid of her once they figured out what she was.

My Opinion Only.

Furious, here! Just can't contain myself!!

I guess now, the prosecutor has to decide whether a conviction is likely on a retrial.

If Conley walks, this will not be the last that we hear about her. She will not stop. There are others out there, in her path, that she will target in the future. For one reason or another.

That's probably because she has no close girlfriends or friends period who could give insight into what a diabolical person she is. Even her family is probably not talking. There were probably plenty of other "victims" of her wrath and ire, however, none that succumbed to death by murder at her hands. I am sure that most who had ever been under her spell, old boyfriends, female friends, just wanted to be rid of her once they figured out what she was.

My Opinion Only.

Furious, here! Just can't contain myself!!

:therethere: alexwood. There might be a do-over trial that puts her behind bars finally.

Remember, Conley turned down some kind of plea deal, so she was willing to take a chance that the circumstantial evidence just wasn't enough. MOO, two weak points involved proving she administered the drug, and convincing a jury she had a motive.

:discuss: The Prosecution team (hope they read here) has to find some Conley enemies from her past and dig up the dirt on her true personality and character. Gosh, she must've put on the sweet act around all Adam's family, work, and school? Really? :dunno:

From the trial, I learned she's clingy and emotional, yes, but I didn't get enough of a sense of her revengeful, bizarre, or diabolical nature during the trial. You know there's got to be more nasty there -- just the fact that she tried to frame Adam says a lot. The jury needed more of this laced within the trial, not just at closing statements towards the motive, IMO.

:cuckoo: There wasn't any stories of her going through doggie doors or hiding under the Christmas tree like Arias.

I've been appreciating the group and opinions we've had on this thread. :grouphug:

Yes, we knew the jury would struggle with this case. Okay, so a do-over trial, but I don't know if there's any way prosecution can add a thing to make it obvious, with no doubt, that Conley actually administered the toxic colchicine.

Some stray thoughts...I was surprised not many witnesses came forward that could support the motive of her obsession and revengefulness, nor did many actually testify that they thought she did it. One said they didn't think she'd do it alone. Basically, it seems she came across too steady, straight-forward, and sane.

bbm - what if that person was right? Maybe there is someone else who planned the murder with her, maybe even gave Mary the poisoned food or drink? William would of course be the prime candidate for this. Maybe he promised Conley something in exchange for purchasing the colchicine. I could see this as a possibility. Maybe the jury could as well.

ETA: there was a picture in one article of her surrounded by a group of friends and family. It was taken during a break I guess. They were all smiling, seemed supportive. She does seem to have people close to her, and from that photo it looked like they do like her.

So Idk.

Just throwing out thoughts.

I think we are all grateful to these jurors for taking their roles seriously and trying so hard to reach a verdict. They've invested a great deal of time. I'm starting to think they're going to reach a verdict. :crossfingers: I think it's possible they're close to finding her guilty.

MOO, I think two witnesses did help the Defense create doubt.
(1) Dr. Mary's sister who initially contacted LE about her suspicious death testified she thinks the husband William did it.
(2) The neighbor that saw William romancing Dr. Mary's widowed sister out on the sister's porch before, I think about a month or so before, Mary was poisoned to death.

However, nothing ties to William, and evidence connects only Conley to setting up the email with the adamisGay password, to ordering and paying for the colchicine, writing the letters trying to pin it on the son, leaving her DNA on the bottle, etc., It also seems the timing suggests Conley was the most likely person to administer the poison during that day in the office.

Yes! How much more clear could it be that she is guilty of murdering Dr. Mary Yoder. She had everything in her favor: Motive, Means and Opportunity -- and the Motive is not even relevant here in this case!! Juror or Juror(s) are oblivious to the obvious

:therethere: alexwood. There might be a do-over trial that puts her behind bars finally.

Remember, Conley turned down some kind of plea deal, so she was willing to take a chance that the circumstantial evidence just wasn't enough. MOO, two weak points involved proving she administered the drug, and convincing a jury she had a motive.

:discuss: The Prosecution team (hope they read here) has to find some Conley enemies from her past and dig up the dirt on her true personality and character. Gosh, she must've put on the sweet act around all Adam's family, work, and school? Really? :dunno:

From the trial, I learned she's clingy and emotional, yes, but I didn't get enough of a sense of her revengeful, bizarre, or diabolical nature during the trial. You know there's got to be more nasty there -- just the fact that she tried to frame Adam says a lot. The jury needed more of this laced within the trial, not just at closing statements towards the motive, IMO.

:cuckoo: There wasn't any stories of her going through doggie doors or hiding under the Christmas tree like Arias.

I've been appreciating the group and opinions we've had on this thread. :grouphug:

Thanks for the pep talk, Curious! I have been monopolizing these last pages with my rants and raves and I must apologize to my fellow peeps here. Everyone has been so calm, collected and professional in their remarks. (Except me . . . sorry!) Love to all of you guys!

Wow! 8 to 4 in favor of acquittal - I did not expect that.

In the nearly two months since her mistrial on a charge of murder, Kaitlyn A. Conley has been out and about in violation of her house arrest, according to the county Probation Department.

Conley, 24, of Sauquoit, appeared in County Court Wednesday afternoon to apologize to Judge Michael L. Dwyer and promise to never do it again. Dwyer let Conley go with a warning.

Court officials said October would be the earliest window for Conley’s second trial in the murder of her boss, Dr. Mary Yoder.

http://romesentinel.com/public-safe...or-house-arrest/QBqqgf!zmLCPTRBg29nPMyEMcung/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam