GUILTY PA - Jaquinn Brewton, 3, tortured, beaten to death, Philadelphia, 29 June 2011

This is so horrible. That poor little boy. His options in life became very limited when Mom went to a homeless shelter and he went to his godmother. To put a blowtorch to a child legs and buttocks is such a level of cruelty.

I truly do not understand if this kind of behavior is drug related or is it pure evil or what?

RIP little Jaquinn. You deserved to grow up and make your own decisions.

I truly do not understand if this kind of behavior is drug related

There's plenty of drug addicts out there that would never beat a child daily and burn him with a blowtorch.

Both Batson and King have records. neither have children. King is 6 feet 8 and 225 pounds. If he was not hurting this poor little child I'm sure he could have stopped it.

poor little boy....drugs are awful, but i know of alot of them, that dont kill kids, or use blowtorches on them...the godmother and her boyfriend...just dont know what to say except grrrrrrrrrrr....rip little guy. you are in a much better place now

RIP Jaquinn....these people are just so evil. Dear god how can someone do this to a child or anyone for that matter..

boy.jpg

Jaquinn Brewton

Rest in peace, sweetheart. I'm so sorry for what they did to you.

Why, why, why did the neighbor listen to Jaquinn being tortured yet he never called the police? How can he live with himself knowing he could have prevented Jaquinn's death?

RIP little man, you are beyond all earthly pain. The DA is right, you were a brave little soul, I'm so sorry you were failed by everyone who should have protected you.

GUILTY!!

The details of this case are just sickening. What kind of human being can do things like this to a child?! Or to anyone, for that matter.

Hope the judge throws the book at her and puts her away forever.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130813_Guilty_verdict_in_torture_murder_of_3-year_old.html

I believe I read she gets Life w/out Parole with the guilty verdict. Yes, she's done.

As Batson, 24, cried, Common Pleas Judge Barbara McDermott explained that if the jury convicts her of first-degree murder there is but one sentence: life in state prison without parole.

But if she accepted a deal from the District Attorney's Office to plead guilty to third-degree murder, she would get 30 to 60 years in prison.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-08-05/news/41060660_1_plea-deal-plea-offers-nadera-batson

They should have added a little blow torch to her bottom with that sentence!

Why, why, why did the neighbor listen to Jaquinn being tortured yet he never called the police? How can he live with himself knowing he could have prevented Jaquinn's death?

There can be a number of reasons for the neighbor not calling police. In absolutely no way am I defending this, but people just do not call police here. Weather their own criminal background, fear, desenzitation, and on and on. Of course not everyone in Philadelphia would hear that and not call the cops, but it's way too common.

Even the female police officer who had seen this monster with Jaquinn took her name, and phone number down when she encountered her outside the store.

Poor little guy. May he RIP.

I am heartbroken for that sweet little boy. He was surrounded by evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back