GUILTY NY - Kathleen Wilkinson, 65, murdered in her Malta home, 30 May 2014

LAMARQ

Reaction score
Authorities were called to the home on Sunday to check on the welfare of 65-year-old Kathleen Wilkinson, who had not been heard from in several days. The responding deputy from the Saratoga County Sheriff's Department was greeted at the door by her husband, who eventually allowed investigators into the residence.

More at http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2014/jun/02/homicide-malta/

Malta, NY. Next town over from me.

Police: Arrest made in Malta homicide

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2014/jun/02/homicide-malta/

MALTA — Investigators believe a 69-year-old Malta man killed his wife during a physical altercation at their 9 Meadow Rue Place home and then continued to live in the residence over the weekend with her body in the bedroom. :eek:

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-cop-killed-wife-spent-days-body-23957918

"... His wife was strangled and asphyxiated, an autopsy determined...."

"...Wilkinson was charged with second-degree murder..."

Terrible way to die. Watching movies and tv I thought strangling was like you just instantly fall asleep with little damage except maybe a mark on your neck. But reading a little more about it (and without being too graphic), it can take a while and can get very gruesome.
Poor Kathleen.
I think maybe he should be charged with first degree murder ! It semmed like he had to have thought about it for a bit; and he could have changed his mind while she was still alive.
MOO

It says they were married for 46 years! That is an awful long time to be married and I wonder how many of those years were spent in misery. For the fight to get that out of hand (he apparently had a black eye and she is dead by strangulation) that tells me the fights have been going on for quite some time and there was plenty of rage and hate in that relationship! He obviously really did not care for her, he just left her lying on the floor where he dropped her for several days. How long was he planning on living with her body like that I wonder?

Son and daughter live in Boston area and one of them called the police to make a welfare check as mom hadn't been heard from. I might have to do a drive by of the house.

Son and daughter live in Boston area and one of them called the police to make a welfare check as mom hadn't been heard from. I might have to do a drive by of the house.
SBM & BBM

Kind of makes one wonder if these fights had been going on for a while and if the kids had called before about their mom ?
Too bad she couldn't have gone to live with one of them ?
Of course I do not know the whole story and maybe the husband would have forced the wife to move back ?

:moo:

From May 2015:

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Ex-cop-accused-of-killing-weighs-plea-deal-in-6278027.php

The 69-year-old Malta man who was a security guard at GlobalFoundries pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in the May 30, 2014, death of his wife, Kathleen Wilkinson, 65.The couple had been married more than 40 years.

He will receive 15 years in state prison in the plea deal...

[H]e killed his wife during an argument over finances. Prosecutors have said a bank was trying to foreclose on their 9 Meadow Rue Place home.

It says they were married for 46 years! That is an awful long time to be married and I wonder how many of those years were spent in misery. For the fight to get that out of hand (he apparently had a black eye and she is dead by strangulation) that tells me the fights have been going on for quite some time and there was plenty of rage and hate in that relationship! He obviously really did not care for her, he just left her lying on the floor where he dropped her for several days. How long was he planning on living with her body like that I wonder?

Kathy was psychologically abusive to him since the day they met. She forbid him to speak with his parents or brothers. When his Father passed away, she forbid him to attend the funeral. He didn't speak to his Mother for over 40 years. His little Brother would call the house to say hello to his Brother. If Kathy answered the phone, she would hang up. She spent money like a drunken sailor, which is why they had financial issues. She use to brag about how much money she would get if he was killed in the line of duty. He has a black eye in his mugshot. She probably smashed him in the face with a lamp or something.
I think all the years of emotional abuse finally came to a head that night. He wrapped his hands around her throat with so much rage that he didn't stop squeezing until she fell to the ground. He obviously wasn't in his right mind given he spent 2 days in the house with her body.....

Kathy was psychologically abusive to him since the day they met. She forbid him to speak with his parents or brothers. When his Father passed away, she forbid him to attend the funeral. He didn't speak to his Mother for over 40 years. His little Brother would call the house to say hello to his Brother. If Kathy answered the phone, she would hang up. She spent money like a drunken sailor, which is why they had financial issues. She use to brag about how much money she would get if he was killed in the line of duty. He has a black eye in his mugshot. She probably smashed him in the face with a lamp or something.
I think all the years of emotional abuse finally came to a head that night. He wrapped his hands around her throat with so much rage that he didn't stop squeezing until she fell to the ground. He obviously wasn't in his right mind given he spent 2 days in the house with her body.....

Hello. It sounds like you know the family.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back