OH - Shawn Michael GRATE: 3 bodies found, Ashland/Madison, Sept 2016

Wow! I'm so sorry for the families of the missing women as it looks like neither will get closure/answers. And the woman held against her will was not reported missing? If I'm understanding this right, from the press conference it sounds like Stacy Stanley's family found this man holding a woman against her will and it wasn't even Stacy? Or was that a different man he said they "rattled his cage"? This case is so complicated!

That guy is gonna be pissed. I can imagine the families getting their hopes up and feeling like they've finally found her...then finding out it was someone else. :/

These two identical looking houses next to eachother are 363 and 365 Covert Ct. Looks like the long building across the street is 360-398 Covert Ct. Maybe apartments?

ad9761f1f751cc2717f457173ddd0a22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. live woman was allegedly abducted by man also alive in house--he was arrested.

2. house with the live people was not burned--it looks like this:
ashland_1473791799849_6034571_ver1.0.JPG

3. TWO bodies were found in that house pictured above in the process of rescuing the abducted woman.

4. Man arrested confessed to murdering a 3rd woman in Richland County and dumping her body in the woods behind a burned out house in June. This is the burned out house:
madison%20body%202%20cropped_1473806295283_6036157_ver1.0.jpg

Pictures taken from this news story: http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/press-conference-set-about-ashland-incident/317960228

Ooooooh! That makes much more sense now. Thanks! I guess I needed a diagram or something lol.

A laundromat is at the end of the long building with the red dot.

bf36916133cfd65c7651a2a7e68ae02e.jpg

Wow! I'm so sorry for the families of the missing women as it looks like neither will get closure/answers. And the woman held against her will was not reported missing? If I'm understanding this right, from the press conference it sounds like Stacy Stanley's family found this man holding a woman against her will and it wasn't even Stacy? Or was that a different man he said they "rattled his cage"? This case is so complicated!
Here's my understanding of the PR:

SS' s family was making a thorough search of the area.

Grate happened to be holding a woman hostage in a house with the bodies of two deceased women.

Because SS' s family was snooping around, Grate got "rattled" and made a mistake, which allowed the woman to somehow make the 911 call.

The surviving woman is not Stacy nor the other missing woman.

No word on if they are among the two dead women found in Ashland.

Neither is the decedant found in Madison Twp.

Here's my understanding of the PR:

SS' s family was making a thorough search of the area.

Grate happened to be holding a woman hostage with two deceased women's bodies.

Because SS' s family was snooping around, Grate got "rattled" and made a mistake, which allowed the woman to somehow make the 911 call.

The woman is not Stacy nor the other missing woman.

No word on if they are among the two dead women found in Ashland.

Neither is the decedant found in Madison Twp.

I think that is exactly right. I missed the part about one of the 2 bodies could still be Stacy though. This is all so crazy! :scared:

When they say the bodies are too old to be Stacy or Elizabeth, I am taking that to mean that the decomposition is too far advanced for recent missing persons, and not that they have grey hair or similar? Either way it seems a bold statement in these early stages so maybe the remains are skeletal?

When they say the bodies are too old to be Stacy or Elizabeth, I am taking that to mean that the decomposition is too far advanced for recent missing persons, and not that they have grey hair or similar? Either way it seems a bold statement in these early stages so maybe the remains are skeletal?

I'm taking it to mean decomp/skeletal.

June 21, 2016

Foot chase ends with search in Madison Twp.

http://www.wmfd.com/news/single.asp?story=69011

June 20, 2016

Suspect still missing after foot chase

Shawn Grate is wanted on a felony child support warrant, according to Major Joe Masi.
A sheriff's deputy noticed Grate near First Merit Bank on U.S. 42. According to reports, the deputy stopped him and Grate fled while the deputy talked with him.

[...]

Grate is about six feet tall, weighing about 175 pounds. He was wearing a grey t-shirt and hat, blue jeans, and no shoes, according to Masi, and is considered armed and dangerous based on past history.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com.../06/20/sheriffs-deputies-foot-chase/86155896/

ETA: June is when the house was burned in Madison Twp, and the woman murdered.

We posted that the exact same time. =]

Child support warrant. I wonder if he was actually running because he thought they were onto him for the murder of the woman @ the burned house.

Had I passed him on the street I would've thought he was harmless.

I believe I saw his Facebook, but not 100% sure it's him. Looks a little younger in the pics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back