OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the possiability that he left via the normal route using the stairs by the esclator and for some reason they never identified him leaving. May be didn't possitivily identify him on the security video. I've thought about this alot. If he left via the front stairs with everyone else and wasn't identified for what ever reason, that would solve the mystery of how he left the bar with out anyone seeing him...ie Video Survallence. Just a thought.

Why did LE refuse an immunity deal with Brian S's friend, if they want to know what happened?

Is it because the friend has a part in a death? I can understand that. But if he helped him disappear, that is something totally different.

In the name of the father
Randy Shaffer died in a freak accident last year before he could unravel the mystery that had consumed his life for nearly three years—the disappearance of his son. Now, a Columbus detective and loyal friends are carrying on the quest.
by April Johnston

The only other surviving family member, Brian’s younger brother, Derek, has fallen mostly silent since Randy’s death. Friends say he needs a break from the pain and the overwhelming, and increasingly hopeless, task of finding Brian.
But those who watched Randy fight—friends, detectives, volunteers and even sympathetic strangers—have a renewed fervor for the case. They want to find the answers for the father who never got them. They want an ending to this story, even if it’s not a happy one. Only, without Randy, they’re not quite sure what to do or where to begin.
“It’s overwhelming,” says Lori Davis, who never knew Brian but felt drawn to the case and to Randy after seeing him interviewed on television. Three years after Brian’s disappearance and six months after Randy’s death, she still wears a Where is Brian Shaffer? button on her jacket and scours the Internet for clues most every evening. “I want to respect the family’s wishes [for privacy], but then I ask myself if Randy would want me to continue searching, and I know he would. I think we’re all kind of lost right now.”

http://www.columbusmonthly.com/article1.html

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

I did not know about the concrete bridge posts. Mr. Shaffer was an amazing man.

Desperate for any link to his son, Randy even listened to the advice of psychics. One insisted Brian’s body was submerged in water, held down by the whirlpools that form at the base of concrete bridge posts. At the time of his disappearance, Brian lived in the 200 block of King Avenue, less than a mile from the Olentangy River. Randy and his brother bought fishing waders, called Kevin Miles and headed for the riverbank to roam.
For hours, Randy splashed from bridge post to bridge post, kneeling and peering into the murky water for any sign of his son, while Miles looked on helplessly, sensing this particular search was futile. At one post, Randy’s feet slipped out from underneath him and the whirlpool that was supposed to be holding Brian yanked Randy toward the riverbed. His brother grabbed him just as he went under.

What an incredibly sad article...it just broke my heart...thanks for posting the link.

I'm glad Lori Davis at least is going to continue the searches. We'll have to watch Brian's website for updates on any searches or fundraisers.

Oh that is so heartbreaking. I can certainly see why Derek would need a break...the past 3 years must be so terribly colored with sadness for him.

I will gladly volunteer for searches, fundraisers, whatever!

How incredibly sad, and makes the silence of Brians supposed best friend all the more horrible---how could he possibly hold back information knowing how much Randy and Derek have been through. What a heartless individual...

bump.gif

Someone refresh my memory..................this is not the only guy to disappear from this bar?

I read that after his father died, someone wrote..I miss you dad..on some forum indicating they were in the Bahamas..........this turned out to be a fraud, that just sickened me!

Someone refresh my memory..................this is not the only guy to disappear from this bar?

I read that after his father died, someone wrote..I miss you dad..on some forum indicating they were in the Bahamas..........this turned out to be a fraud, that just sickened me!

I've never heard of anyone else disappearing from the Ugly Tuna. It may be so but I've never heard about if it's true.

Yeah, I agree, that was pretty bad when someone wrote that message when Randy Shaffer died. Turned out it came from someone using a library computer in Columbus.....very sick!

Ok..I figured out what was somewhere in my memory. It was related to the smiley face killers/river deaths thread. I know that Brian is believed to be a possible not probable connection but he had been to a bar called Brother's before the Ugly Tuna. And 2 or 3 other disappearances of men had also been to a bar called Brother's albeit in other states.

He also shares the commonality of being on video but not seen actually exiting the bar? That is really odd and sticks out to me.

I can't access Brian's website...does anyone know if it was taken down? If it is down, I hope it's only temporary. I would think someone would be maintaining it...:(

www.findbrianshaffer.com

I think it is only temporary down... Lori Davis I believe handles the Web site.
Remember this was posted on findbrianshaffer's Web site around the fall of 2008.
It is with the deepest report that I have to post this information. Randy Shaffer, Brian's father, lost his life on 9/14/08 during a windstorm. He was a couragous man who fought for the last 2 years and 5 months to find answers regarding his son's disappearance. He was an advocate for many missing persons and worked endlessly in his fight for the missing. Please pray for Derek, who over the course of the last 2 1/2 years has now lost his mother, father, grandfather and is still dealing with a missing brother. Randy, rest in peace my friend. I miss you so much. --- Lori

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38269&page=16

Lori was also quoted in an earlier article.

I can't access Brian's website...does anyone know if it was taken down? If it is down, I hope it's only temporary. I would think someone would be maintaining it...:(

www.findbrianshaffer.com
----------------------------------------------
I could not find his website either.
And I was just on there recently.

Maybe his brother just cannot deal with anything else right now?
Or if it is a family friend, maybe it is just a broken link.?

I PM'd Lori to let her know that it's down, just in case it's something that she can fix or email someone about!

I think it is only temporary down... Lori Davis I believe handles the Web site.
Remember this was posted on findbrianshaffer's Web site around the fall of 2008.
It is with the deepest report that I have to post this information. Randy Shaffer, Brian's father, lost his life on 9/14/08 during a windstorm. He was a couragous man who fought for the last 2 years and 5 months to find answers regarding his son's disappearance. He was an advocate for many missing persons and worked endlessly in his fight for the missing. Please pray for Derek, who over the course of the last 2 1/2 years has now lost his mother, father, grandfather and is still dealing with a missing brother. Randy, rest in peace my friend. I miss you so much. --- Lori

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38269&page=16

Lori was also quoted in an earlier article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members