Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo LE would not even be thinking about plea deals right now. Especially since they are still asking for more tips and evidence. Imo her being found does not equal a neat little case, unless signs of JM are found there too. It would be down to him being the last known person seen with her. That is not a capital charge offense, or any other kind, beyond those already brought. And ultimately, their main goal is to make the make best use of the system to get him charged properly and punished accordingly. They may try to accommodate wishes of the parents, but that is not the priority, it is justice for the victims. And suppose a victim's family did not believe in the DP or in LWOP? The state could not work with that.

Deals may come later, when the state has at least an LWOP case to show his lawyers. But they won't beg him to take a plea, Imo.

I really don't think that is the case. They don't just have the fact that he was the last known person to see her.

Imo, they have much more than that and they found plenty in his vehicle. So much so that it gave them probable cause to get a SW on his apartment and they went back twice retrieving evidence. Even that was enough to arrest and charge him with abduction and intent to defile. For them to even charge him with that means they have evidence to prove it. I have seen some say that just means they had enough probable cause for an arrest but everyone knows when the DA charges someone it isn't about probable cause and its all about them being convinced they have the evidence to prove the charges BARD in a court of law.

Now that she has been found murdered those pieces of evidence will take on even a more sinister meaning.

I've gotten the impression that Camblos agreed to take on this case b/c of the family, esp. JLM's mother and grandmother:

Attorney James Camblos says Matthew asked him to represent him and since he knows the suspect's family, he agreed.

"His family is a very nice family, hard working, God fearing family here in Central Virginia," Camblos said.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...in-charlottesville-court-thursday?config=H264

Very unusual situation to be defending a serial killer in the same county he (Camblos) used to represent as Commonwealth Attorney. I hope he does right by the victims and their families.

Serial killer, yes. But switching from prosecution to defense in the same court is not uncommon at all for many reasons. The first being elections causing office turnover, and another being money. There's more money in private defense. I prosecuted and defended in the same court in law school. The best prosecutors are former defense attorneys and the reverse is true as well imo. You can do your job so much better if you have an idea of what the other side is thinking.

I don't think they had any idea who the suspect was because JMs DNA wasn't in any data bank. All they knew is the two cases were linked.

Not until they arrested him for Hannah's case did they have his DNA and I am sure when they entered it in CODIS it came back linking Morgan and the 2005 rape case.

So Hannah's case really helped them solve two other unsolved crimes.

They probably ran a preliminary DNA check before the arrest, from evidence taken from his car and the apartment. This made them realize just who they were dealing with. Official swab came later to confirm. Imo.

Serial killer, yes. But switching from prosecution to defense in the same court is not uncommon at all for many reasons. The first being elections causing office turnover, and another being money. There's more money in private defense. I prosecuted and defended in the same court in law school. The best prosecutors are former defense attorneys and the reverse is true as well imo. You can do your job so much better if you have an idea of what the other side is thinking.

Agreed. I just meant it's unusual b/c this suspect, as a serial killer, has been terrorizing Camblos's community and people for who knows how long....

No one is to blame for this except the person who abducted and killed Hannah. No one.

Of course no one is to blame but the criminal but it is the nature of human relationship to think in "what if" and "if only" terms and I feel for these kids as they struggle through a very adult exististential process and imagine how things could have been different. With freedom comes responsibility for your choices. Part of college development is learning that you can no longer live as if there is a benign protector always hovering. Please read Camille Paglia's recent piece on time.com. One great outcome of this could be a more complex examination of college behavior--we don't live in a perfect world and can't act as if we do.

Like all of you, my heart breaks so much for the Graham family and most of all Hannah. What an amazing young lady.

I wouldn't be able to put such a graceful message together as they did. Cannot even imagine how they have felt these past weeks. And their family in the UK.

It's heartbreaking.

I know just how you feel--unless the DP is given those with LWP can interact with other inmates---they arelocked up but are living. On DR they spend 23 hrs per day in a small cell--no socializing--its like living in a rat hole---and than comes the DP.. MOO

I'm sad, but I'm also angry as h*ll. No one has the right to extinguish the candle that is the human life and soul. This isn't someone who has a mental disability. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Two things floating around my head at the moment:

1.) I can't find the message via Camblos. But I read it earlier. Maybe because it was on my phone, but it seemed Camblos signed his name JIm and not Jim. Weird typo for this sort of national coverage. Maybe a good thing he isn't on his A game. Perhaps it was my eyes.

2.) Understood that no one is to blame Hannah. Lord knows I blame one person and it sure as h*ll isn't the victim. That being said, I'd love if the board had a thread about self-awareness and how a person can protect her/him self. Tips and things we can do for prevention. Maybe I should have put this in another thread? I have been wondering about this for a bit since I joined WS.

No family should ever have to go through this excruciating pain. They can't text each other and share family jokes. They can't call her up when the dog does something funny. They can't visit the UK together as the same family unit. (And I guarantee that canine will know she's no longer here.) I'm so darned pissed that someone thinks they can do this to another human life, soul, and spirit.

And yes, she really did look like her sweet Dad. I saw a picture where it looks like he got braces too which I found incredibly endearing. How a family processes this is not something I could begin to understand.

Agreed. I just meant it's unusual b/c this suspect, as a serial killer, has been terrorizing Camblos's community and people for who knows how long....
That's the reason I am so glad he's representing him, even in Fairfax. He will ensure justice for the victims and community is served and that JM's rights are also protected.

:gaah: this is the worst part to me

I'd rather think of vultures as nature reclaiming with a vengeance what was stolen away so violently -- erasing the wrong done to that lovely child and restoring her to the circle of life

No. I think they caught him on video.

They already knew the 05 rape and MH were connected. If they thought they knew who did it, this wouldn't have happened. JMO.

Perhaps this was brought up way back. But I thought it surprising how quickly JLM become prime suspect and they were able to connect the MH dots so quick. Does anyone else think its possible he was on their radar of suspect in MH prior but they had nothing solid, so they had more of the pieces already in place on him before Hannah. And with what happened to Hannah it solidified stuff for LE?

I hear you. But an attorney's job is to ensure a fair trial, no matter how heinous the crime is.

I've gotten the impression that Camblos agreed to take on this case b/c of the family, esp. JLM's mother and grandmother:

Attorney James Camblos says Matthew asked him to represent him and since he knows the suspect's family, he agreed.

"His family is a very nice family, hard working, God fearing family here in Central Virginia," Camblos said.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...in-charlottesville-court-thursday?config=H264

Very unusual situation to be defending a serial killer in the same county he (Camblos) used to represent as Commonwealth Attorney. I hope he does right by the victims and their families.

My wish for serial killers is that they be placed in a corral where they're chased and hunted until they're panting, and scared out of their wits about how it will all end. If this is depraved of me, then I'll wear that badge with no shame whatsoever.
Justice can't be swift or exacting enough in this case.

Well I found that a bit delicious! I must confess to pondering about throwing him to the lions earlier today - but this is a nice replacement.

I'm sad, but I'm also angry as h*ll. No one has the right to extinguish the candle that is the human life and soul. This isn't someone who has a mental disability. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Two things floating around my head at the moment:

1.) I can't find the message via Camblos. But I read it earlier. Maybe because it was on my phone, but it seemed Camblos signed his name JIm and not Jim. Weird typo for this sort of national coverage. Maybe a good thing he isn't on his A game. Perhaps it was my eyes.

2.) Understood that no one is to blame Hannah. Lord knows I blame one person and it sure as h*ll isn't the victim. That being said, I'd love if the board had a thread about self-awareness and how a person can protect her/him self. Tips and things we can do for prevention. Maybe I should have put this in another thread? I have been wondering about this for a bit since I joined WS.

No family should ever have to go through this excruciating pain. They can't text each other and share family jokes. They can't call her up when the dog does something funny. They can't visit the UK together as the same family unit. (And I guarantee that canine will know she's no longer here.) I'm so darned pissed that someone thinks they can do this to another human life, soul, and spirit.

And yes, she really did look like her sweet Dad. I saw a picture where it looks like he got braces too which I found incredibly endearing. How a family processes this is not something I could begin to understand.
Agree 100% with your feelings of anger. I am so, so angry that this felt entitled to take, use, and dispose of a beautiful human life (LIVES!) like trash. These young women were so much better than him, so much more loved, more accomplished, more engaged and in love with life itself than him - a despicable, disgusting, heinous individual. It makes me so angry that he took their lives away, and took them away from their loving families. So much promise that that sicko took away from all of us.

I'd rather think of vultures as nature reclaiming with a vengeance what was stolen away so violently -- erasing the wrong done to that lovely child and restoring her to the circle of life
Thank you for this thought [emoji177]

I competent agree Piaget

I totally agree. As soon as I heard that he spoke to the media, I told my husband that I couldn't help but wonder if he gave the interview on purpose, to intentionally release misinformation or for some other strategic reason. I cried when I heard the confirmation today, even though in my heart I had figured it was probably her. It makes me sick that Hannah had to die in order for this monster to be caught. I will remember her forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy