DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good info. I bet the security patrol helped LE contact nearby homes to get security footage ASAP

View attachment 78943
Red snapper for dinner tonight

Wow ... did you catch that in the Gulf? Looks tasty.

The next scheduled court date for DW is 9/25. Ack! I want to keep working on this case. Things have slowed down.

I do have a ? ..... is family privy to more info than the public or do they find out like everyone else? Just wondering.

Wow ... did you catch that in the Gulf? Looks tasty.

The next scheduled court date for DW is 9/25. Ack! I want to keep working on this case. Things have slowed down.

I do have a ? ..... is family privy to more info than the public or do they find out like everyone else? Just wondering.

I don't really know CR. I would like to think they get periodic updates. IIRC the press reported the oldest daughter was at the prelim with AS father. It was reported they were speaking with the prosecutors during breaks.

I live in an urban neighborhood that was built around the same time as the S neighborhood. We do not have a HOA, but we do have a Neighborhood Association, and so do the other neighborhoods around us. We pay voluntary annual dues, and those dues go to things like landscaping, rental of the park clubhouse for parties, and other things that our elected leadership deem to be for the good of the neighborhood. They do things like advocate for traffic lights at dangerous intersections, get word out when there is a city council vote on an issue that impacts us, attend council meetings, and provide input. Our neighborhood association spends a lot of time on advocating with LE to make sure we have good coverage and are informed about break-ins and the like (Police have a liason assigned to each neighborhood association). We do not have a private security force, but if we did, we would pay for it out of our dues.

When a crime occurs -- there has only been one murder in the last 15 years, but there are plenty of thefts -- the association is very active in getting and disseminating information and in trying to get word out for witnesses to contact LE, etc. Most of this is done over email.

I don't know if the S neighborhood had something similar, but I would be a little surprised if not.

ETA: http://www.wpcaonline.org

The S. house is outside the boundaries of the Woodley Park Community Association. I remember some discussion of a second neighborhood that their house was a part of, but can't remember the name. I suspect that neighborhood has a community association as well.

ETA 2: Maybe it was Cleveland Park: http://www.cpcadc.org

It is the Woodland-Normanstone Neighborhood Assoc. It is very much like the other neighborhood associations listed above and the embassies and amb. residences are honorary members. It does much of what Skigirl's assoc. does, but its primary purpose is to contract and maintain the private security patrol to augment LE coverage of the DCMPD and uniformed White House/SS coverage of embassy properties. Residents use the term "neighborhood" and "home owners" interchangeably, but it refers to the WNNA.

I should note as I didn't mention it in my video post that the matter of JW's BMW, where it was finally parked on Woodland and the times in question on that Thursday concerning the police tape would also have been captured on the perimeter cameras of the Aussies as the BMW in pictures earlier on this thread show it to be about 25 yards south of the SW fence of the residence of the ambassador and well within range of those cameras.

Funny, you ask that, and I realize how complicated that request would be. I'm sure they saved the images wanting to assist, but it isn't as though SS, DS, ATF, FBI, nor MPD could ask their guy at the gate and it could get done, in spite of the atrocities that took place in the SS home. I bet there was insane political wrangling and an MOU or two to formally fulfill the request. My head hurts thinking about it.

Not complicated at all. As soon as DCMPD declared the SS house as a crime scene, their liason with the WNNA would get in contact with the Aussie security at the residence, establish what was happening and ask them to preserve all recordings. Then, that officer would contact whoever downtown is head of the office responsible for embassey coordination and a very speedy call would be made to the office of protocol at the State Dept. A call to the ambassador and then a representative of the DCMPD and whatever federal LE officer would be "invited" in to secure the recordings. All could be done in under 30 minutes. The same PD liason would heve contacted the president and/or officers of the WNNA to begin contacting homeowners for the same type of recordings. They got a lot of video by 5pm that Thursday.

It is the Woodland-Normanstone Neighborhood Assoc. It is very much like the other neighborhood associations listed above and the embassies and amb. residences are honorary members. It does much of what Skigirl's assoc. does, but its primary purpose is to contract and maintain the private security patrol to augment LE coverage of the DCMPD and uniformed White House/SS coverage of embassy properties. Residents use the term "neighborhood" and "home owners" interchangeably, but it refers to the WNNA.
<snipped>

The security company is Urban Alarm. They provide "comprehensive patrols in the Kalorama and Woodland Normanstone Neighborhoods of Washington DC." Their vehicles are in the neighborhood all the time:
http://www.urbanalarm.com/services/residential-security-guard-patrols/

TRANSCRIPT RECEIVED!!!!!!! So, is it against TOS to post it here? MUST READ!!!!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I emailed a moderator to make sure it's not against TOS

TRANSCRIPT RECEIVED!!!!!!! So, is it against TOS to post it here? MUST READ!!!!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Yippee and yeeHAAWWWWW!

Many, many thank yous to BlessedLife!

Thank You BlessedLife.jpg ----------------- :happydance:

thank you!!!!
I cannot wait to read it.
I bet RKF would share her dropbox to distribute it.
I think to find out about the TOS, it's best to directly PM a moderator (sillybilly has been here recently), since they don't always sit on the thread and read every post.

thank you!!!!
I cannot wait to read it.
I bet RKF would share her dropbox to distribute it.
I think to find out about the TOS, it's best to directly PM a moderator (sillybilly has been here recently), since they don't always sit on the thread and read every post.

I've been in touch with Cold Pizza. She ? Is going to touch base with someone and get back to me on posting. If RFK could do that it would be fabulous because I can't link a PDF I guess. [emoji53] if anyone would like to message me with an email, I'll forward.

Was there any new information?

Not done reading yet. I would say not much new information, but definitely clarification about JW's movements, how he learned about the fire, where he was.......which was at the dojo. There was no mention of him being at the Lowes.......at all. The defense is absolutely placing this on JW. Also......it wasn't the Mosler registration........it was the Mosler registration renewal letter! Dam media.

Official court docs can be linked as long as they were properly obtained. Absolutely! You won't be able to upload the doc to WS because the file will be too large. But if you upload it to Googledocs, Scribd, Dropbox, or some similar app, then you can post the link here.

While we wait, a bit of comedy with some facts mixed in...

[video=youtube;O7Qxggflfcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Qxggflfcg&index=1&list=ELfoO6zrdXvE6UhCs7xTpfzA[/video]

Funny, but sad. Uncut... Raw.

I've read through the whole morning session:

The State is trying very hard not to do anything that would damage JW's credibility any more than it has been damaged already. My impression is that Detective Owens

Detective says that the red bag has not been recovered and that only bag found in the car is a black backpack.

The lead detective did not personally interview JW. That was done by DC Police. I have to wonder if we can infer that he did not consider JW that important a witness. He seems foggy on the details of JW's timeline.

JW "made himself known" to police in the context of saying he wanted his car back and told them who he was relative to the S family. They then took him to the station for a more formal interview.

W-2 was also brought into the station that day for an interview.

Detective Owens interviewed the person who spotted the Porsche.

JW never had a key or code to access any area of the house.

There was back and forth about whether the garage was open when he arrived.

SS DID tell the AIW employee that he needed the $40K for an equipment auction, so I owe someone many threads back an apology, since I thought that the idea that a CEO would take $40K in cash to an equipment auction was patently absurd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu