Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the children should not have been left alone ,but sadly that is water under the bridge and little Maddie is missing.
My heart breaks for the parents even though I dont agree with their idea of safety regarding their children.

I wonder what the deal is with this suspect? Do they have anything that points to him or was he just handy for LE?

This guy was either sincere in wanting to help the parents understand what was being said to them and what they were being asked and he also has a little girl the same age as Maddie and she reminds him of his daughter OR

he is guilty and wanted to insert himself in the middle of the investigation so that he would know everything that is going on and as he was inside the hotel or whatever that is...if they found his hair there or anything he could say that he had been in the place helping the parents so his hair would likely be there.

So far I haven't read anything that makes me believe that this guy took Maddie. He just seems to be concerned for her and her parents and is trying to help the parents as much as possible. Who knows though.

Part of the suspicion about this man comes from another British case - the murder of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman by a piece of utter scum called Ian Huntley.

Huntley inserted himself into that case front and centre. When Robert Murat did the same, a British newspaper journalist contacted the authorities - because she was reminded of Ian Huntley. However, the authorities said they already had their eye on him because of his actions.

I believe things continued to add up about Murat. I don't put much stock in his "I'm a scapegoat" comments, they all say that. :waitasec: I just read this article speaking more of the situation with his own daughter:

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21280927.shtml

"His daughter is also said to look 'just like' Maddy. Couldn't it be that a broken heart could have led him to take innocent Maddy."

If he looked at Maddy as a replacement of his own dd, I would hope and pray that he wouldn't harm her. Miracles do happen, and I'd love to see that he took her to mend his broken heart and she's still in hiding. Has his mother been questioned about Maddy's disappearance? She might be helping Murat hide Maddy.

Part of the suspicion about this man comes from another British case - the murder of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman by a piece of utter scum called Ian Huntley.

Huntley inserted himself into that case front and centre. When Robert Murat did the same, a British newspaper journalist contacted the authorities - because she was reminded of Ian Huntley. However, the authorities said they already had their eye on him because of his actions.

I remember this case!! Didn't he work at their school, or something? He inserted himself under the guise of caring b/c he knew them from his job, or something. This Murat is acting exactly like Huntley.

This maybe a strange question but I just skimmed over the posts...... WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH was a 4 year old and two 2 year olds left ALONE?

That of course is the first question most asked, but it doesn't change the need to find the innocent child now. I also understand parents do things somewhat differently overseas. It's not uncommon outside the US to see small children lined up in strollers outside a shoppe or cafe as the parents are inside.

In this situation with Maddie, even if a perp grabbing their child or children was the furthest thing from their minds, obviously the risk of fire never crossed their minds either and the kids left unable to escape, or them waking up and being frightened? I don't get it either. But then again, I think if a lot of us look at the choices we make, we could find things that should be done differently. For example, one thing that is popular in our area is window decals on cars with a childs sports team and the child's NAME emblazoned with big bold letters right there on the window, everywhere they go. I'll never understand why people find that to be a good idea. If people really want the decals, why don't they just stick them on a mirror at home? We could probably go on and on with risks we and our neighbors take everyday. Those things however don't change the culpability of the perps or the urgency to find a missing child. We should all however look closely at all the ways we can minimize the risk of the worst happening, myself included. It really stinks though that an innocent child's life is in the balance while we learn these lessons.

Hi everyone! I am new, so bear with me. I would like to know everyone's thoughts on the Maddy McCann story, over in Portugal. She has been missing since May 3rd. Again, hello all!!!!

Is it really true that Europeans leave the children in strollers outside cafes and shops? I've been to 4 countries in Europe and have yet to see that.

In one of the articles linked here, it said that the ground search had been called off last week. Why is that?? Did I miss something??

Hi all,

It's summer and I'm out of school so I can finally get back on Websleuths. I, too, have been praying for Maddy. I wondered if any of you are familiar with this site? I found it in an overseas newspaper and while it's hard to read, people spell out what his drawings from his dreams mean. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone knows about him. From what I can gather, he thinks she's alive still and that a man and woman have her...that someone took her to sell to them.

http://www..com/dd/5441.htm

Well I don't know. I have lived here in Germany for 2 years now and I have never seen that BUT I do know that they are wayyyyy more relaxed about children going around unsupervised,riding public transportation,walking around in the cities,etc.etc.. We will be downtown and see what looks to be maybe a 6-7 year old getting off the city bus with his book bag on lol. It looks so scary to me but to them its normal its their way of life. I really like it actually and only wish that I could feel comfortable enough to give my kids some freedoms but I am American and we do things diffrently. I have let my oldest do a few things that I know in the states would never happen!!

Is it really true that Europeans leave the children in strollers outside cafes and shops? I've been to 4 countries in Europe and have yet to see that.

Also..I never been to Portugal. Has any of you? What is it like there? How rare or how common is child abduction? Is it a relatively safe country? Just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401