Prayer Vigil Cancelled because A's fear for their safety?

They were asked to not have it in front of their home (can't remember where I saw it but it was a local news website) so they decided to cancel due to "fear of people getting hurt" My opinion they could have had it anywhere else but they chose not to because the media wouldn't see them doing it. (all for show imo)
They could have it out in the backyard but I doubt they would want to do it there since they know Caylee was back there at some point! :furious:

JUST MY OPINION

I looked and couldn't find a discussion on this. It's cancelled? Is this another attention ploy? Good heavens, nothing happened the other day, there WAS NO damage to their property, LE found nothing to substantiate their 911 call. Weird IMO.

It's a doubleplusgood language game/sympathy ploy, IMHO. If the Anthony family were *really* worried about their safety, they wouldn't be confronting the idiot protestors in the driveway!

I'll bet the HOA is making a demand here to axe *all* public gatherings at the house, including those sponsored by the Anthony family. That might help reinforce the HOA's legal arguments to block protester gatherings.

They did ask that the A fam either have it inside or in the backyard. It is quite telling that they won't oblige, imo. They don't have that many people and could invite them in or go to the back. They just aren't getting to have their weekly "show" so they nixed it, if you ask me.

They were asked to not have it in front of their home (can't remember where I saw it but it was a local news website) so they decided to cancel due to "fear of people getting hurt" My opinion they could have had it anywhere else but they chose not to because the media wouldn't see them doing it. (all for show imo)
They could have it out in the backyard but I doubt they would want to do it there since they know Caylee was back there at some point! :furious:

JUST MY OPINION
The media would be there no matter where they had it. They are wrong if they do and wrong if they don't.

Last week everyone was saying the Anthonys should quit having the prayer vigils at their home. This week the Anthonys decided not to have the prayer vigil at their home. Yet people are still complaining. :eek:

Last week everyone was saying the Anthonys should quit having the prayer vigils at their home. This week the Anthonys decided not to have the prayer vigil at their home. Yet people are still complaining. :eek:
D____ if you do D____ if you don't

How would they monitor who came in their backyard (looky loo's) and in their house ?????!!!!!!

JUST MY OPINION
Backyard, two big security guards at entrance, and your tickets, which you obtained by giving a $100 "donation", yes backyard a very good idea.< scarcasum >

I really need to look for a scarcasum emoticon.

It's just another "woe is me" ploy by the Anthony's. Have the vigil indoors, have a teleconference, have a web meeting. There ARE other ways to gather with folks to pray.

I didn't know people were saying they should stop. Never heard that. I thought this just came up out of the blue for attention. Like 'seriouslysearching' said - because they don't have their weekly show, they won't do it anywhere at all.

It seems to me even THEM - the A's - have fully forgotten who this is about. They could have held it in a church... with no camera's & nothing at all. I thought they were praying for the safe return of Caylee?

Or like another person posted, go to the backyard and have it!

Last week everyone was saying the Anthonys should quit having the prayer vigils at their home. This week the Anthonys decided not to have the prayer vigil at their home. Yet people are still complaining.

:boohoo: This family will spend the rest of their days on this earth, sleeping in the bed they've made for themselves. Sad but true!

They had the compassion and the goodwill of John Q Public at the start of this terrible drama, but they -- through their own choices, behaviors, words and actions (you can even say *lack* of action!) -- squandered that compassion, and succeeded in turning any rational observer against them.

It's impossible to believe that this family is canceling the prayer vigils out of concern for others... just look at their existing track record. These folks are all hat, no cattle.

:boohoo: This family will spend the rest of their days on this earth, sleeping in the bed they've made for themselves. Sad but true!

They had the compassion and the goodwill of John Q Public at the start of this terrible drama, but they -- through their own choices, behaviors, words and actions (you can even say *lack* of action!) -- squandered that compassion, and succeeded in turning any rational observer against them.

It's impossible to believe that this family is canceling the prayer vigils out of concern for others... just look at their existing track record. These folks are all hat, no cattle.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The HOA asked them not to hold the vigil. Guess they complied. Why does it have to be about drama or attention getting? Sheesh, damned if they do, damned if they don't...

I just do not get the Cindy and George bashers. I don't condone their behavior and yes I get frustrated, but I don't misdirect my anger at them. IMO, it's wasted energy. Through all the craziness I still see them ultimately as among the many victims of CASEY. She is the cause of everything in this case. Absolutely everything. If not for Casey's acts, there would be none of this.

The media would be there no matter where they had it. They are wrong if they do and wrong if they don't.

While I'm more sympathetic towards C&G than many, I can't buy that this was called off simply because they feared somebody might get hurt. Why is safety suddenly a concern -- nothing's really happened during vigils in the past, and AFAIK, there's been no specific threat. Also, aren't the Guardian Angels still patrolling in front of the home?

I imagine that the vast majority of those who attend the vigils are repeat visitors at this point. I can limiting participation to people that they know and holding it in a non-public space (backyard, in the garage with the door shut), but calling it off completely? Just seems weird.

JUST MY OPINION

I read the lead in post to this thread and thought just the same thing you did....have the durn thing in the backyard. It is about Caylee and NOT the media.......or even their safety. Ughhhh!!!

Thanks for beating me to the punch on this one.

JMHO, as well.

Wow, so anyone who is not against the Anthony's is not rational? That's not very nice.

I really don't know or care why they've decided to cancel the vigil. People here attacked them for holding the vigil, now they're attacking them for not holding the vigil. Some might say that's irrational.

The HOA asked them not to hold the vigil. Guess they complied. Why does it have to be about drama or attention getting? Sheesh, damned if they do, damned if they don't...

I just do not get the Cindy and George bashers. I don't condone their behavior and yes I get frustrated, but I don't misdirect my anger at them. IMO, it's wasted energy. Through all the craziness I still see them ultimately as among the many victims of CASEY. She is the cause of everything in this case. Absolutely everything. If not for Casey's acts, there would be none of this.

ITA. :clap:

While I'm more sympathetic towards C&G than many, I can't buy that this was called off simply because they feared somebody might get hurt. Why is safety suddenly a concern -- nothing's really happened during vigils in the past, and AFAIK, there's been no specific threat. Also, aren't the Guardian Angels still patrolling in front of the home?

I imagine that the vast majority of those who attend the vigils are repeat visitors at this point. I can limiting participation to people that they know and holding it in a non-public space (backyard, in the garage with the door shut), but calling it off completely? Just seems weird.

Actually, the vigil was called off at the request of the HOA attorney.

http://wap.orlandosentinel.mlogic3g.com/detail.jsp?key=166879&rc=top&full=1
Check the 12:30 P.M update.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member