WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean where it looks like someone punched him there & it's was healing?

Weird how his left eyebrow is higher; not sure if that's due to his eyes being opened for the photo

As far as eye color; I'm trying to think of my dad's eyes before he passed.. we knew his body was shutting down on a Friday, he passed on Monday night; I'm almost positive his eye color somewhat changed; more so like it got cloudy

I tried to put some blue dots around the areas that I question if they could be scars or not. Sometimes I see missing persons posts that say scars on face or such but due to some of the missing persons photo its hard to tell where the scars are.

Warning Morgue Pic
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm250/janet23748/A200300405S_846.jpg

About the eye color. On my laptop screen at least (I know everyone's is different) Lyles eyes look green but near the pupil looks like there's a smudge of brown & yellow but around the outter edges of his left eye look kinda dark blue/sea green color when you zoom in.
I would just hate to exclude missing persons with blue eyes if theres a chance his eyes could of turned a little.

I know growing up my eyes looked more like brown until I hit my late teens /early 20's but they're not. They're green! Last time my grandmother saw me she kept looking at my eyes asking if I had contacts in! She did the majority of raising me so I was a little taken back that she never noticed before... I think my oldest daughters will be the same way. Most people comment on what beautiful brown eyes she has and she has to correct them and tell them she has Brownie-Green eyes. Once she's in the sunlight the green just pops out but they're a little darker than mine.

My husbands grandma has been really close to death a few times this past year and If I can recall right her eyes just way more blue. Before they seemed more dull almost a blue grey. I need to go look at pictures.

I wish there was information somewhere stating what the % of UID's stats and Missing persons stats actually match up. (height/weight/eyecolor/hair color) I know for sure some of the descriptions of hair color on missing persons or the UID are way off. Some say brown and they're hair looks really light blond/strawberry blond, some say red hair and they're hair looks more brown/auburn.

That reminds me. Lyles hair looks really dark. I wonder if say he had longer hair if it could if looked lighter in color or even a different 'look' (texture) I've known a couple of guys that had longer kinky looking hair but once its chopped off it looks darker and more fine/silky smooth looking.

Welp I better stop blabbing, this ended up much longer than I intended :angel:

You mean where it looks like someone punched him there & it's was healing?

Weird how his left eyebrow is higher; not sure if that's due to his eyes being opened for the photo

As far as eye color; I'm trying to think of my dad's eyes before he passed.. we knew his body was shutting down on a Friday, he passed on Monday night; I'm almost positive his eye color somewhat changed; more so like it got cloudy

I do wonder if Lyles eye brows were pulled up more due to the autopsy.. The hair line looks like it goes further back on one side of the head more than the other. (maybe it just looks like that due to shadowing?) In the pics of him when he was still in the motel look a tad different then the autopsy pic. They do not look as clear though, so maybe thats why? shrug!

I do wonder if Lyles eye brows were pulled up more due to the autopsy.. The hair line looks like it goes further back on one side of the head more than the other. (maybe it just looks like that due to shadowing?) In the pics of him when he was still in the motel look a tad different then the autopsy pic. They do not look as clear though, so maybe thats why? shrug!

Where are the motel pictures?

Where are the motel pictures?

I think those are the pics doc posted??? maybe they were from the morgue .. I thought there was a lamp or something in the background. maybe it was at the morgue too I'm not even sure. I just thought maybe the pics were taken in different places with different cameras since the few of lyle after autospy were so clear. The other ones with the belt still intact looks more 'fuzzy'
Warning Graphic pics
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/?start=20
the angle his face is and with the lamp in the background makes it look like he's in the upright position but maybe not

All I see is the scar under his eye

Well those might not be anything. I was just curious. If you put it in a photo program or something that lets ya zoom in a bit more it helps see some things that ya cant see to the naked eye.

I just like knowing for sure, I notice alot of cases of missing persons or UID's dont list some of that type of stuff.

Well those might not be anything. I was just curious. If you put it in a photo program or something that lets ya zoom in a bit more it helps see some things that ya cant see to the naked eye.

I just like knowing for sure, I notice alot of cases of missing persons or UID's dont list some of that type of stuff.

I think our best bet for identifying is going to be someone coming forward. He must have had a job at some point, probably quit before he headed west. I think his picture needs national exposure, maybe an old friend or a former coworker. A coworker wouldn't report him missing if he had quit or been laid off, but might recognize his picture.

I think those are the pics doc posted??? maybe they were from the morgue .. I thought there was a lamp or something in the background. maybe it was at the morgue too I'm not even sure. I just thought maybe the pics were taken in different places with different cameras since the few of lyle after autospy were so clear. The other ones with the belt still intact looks more 'fuzzy'
Warning Graphic pics
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/?start=20
the angle his face is and with the lamp in the background makes it look like he's in the upright position but maybe not

Oh those pictures! I thought you were referring to the pictures that CCM said might be a bit too graphic

Another thought! Sorry, I'm writing about this case so it's constantly running through my head and new thoughts come up!

I was re-reading some of CCM's old posts, and in one he said that Lyle could have walked into the woods where he'd never be found, but instead, although he wanted to remain annoymous, he also wanted to be found, and be taken care of and buried. Has this ever been discussed? A few thoughts pop into my head with this:

1. Maybe it was a religious thing; he was traditional and want to be found and buried. Any particular native rituals that stress the importance of burials?

2. Maybe a small part of him (maybe even subconsciously) wanted to be identified one day. Maybe he hoped deep down that someone would look for him and claim him

Anyways, sorry for the late night ramblings!

Anyone think this thread should be moved to the unidentified forum? Seems more fitting and maybe more people will see it there.

We just moved the missing persons cases from the CC forum. Eventually we'll get the UID cases moved from the CC forum to the UID forum. Just not sure right now when that will happen.

It seems like Lyle's case is going to be seen more now that it's been moved! This is the case that haunts me the most, so I really hope this man has his name returned to him...

Do we have a list of rule outs? I seem to remember Donald Izzett being ruled out, but i'm not sure. There are a few similarities.

-Abdomen scar
-Donald was 6'2, 165 lbs..Lyle was 6'2, 140 lbs and had recently lost weight
-Donald enjoyed reading. The name Lyle Stevik comes from a book

David Scott Abramovitz
Chris Lane (Issues with DNA)
Todd Fraser
Allan Kenley Matheson
Krzysztof Antoni Odrakiewicz (MP's mother did not think "Lyle" was her son, other reasons)

Hi guys. I have been a member of a different site for many years. On this site there is a man who I think looks a lot like Lyle. This man on this other site is from/lives in Alberta, CA. Does anyone else think they look alike? First one is just a pic of the guy that is alive, second link is a side by side of lyle and a different pic of the alive guy.

http://www.youthink.com/bigphoto.asp?desc=Photo&file_path=/images_obj/2010/03/02/full_245651694.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/buffetoflies/jayy_lylestevik.jpg

David Scott Abramovitz
Chris Lane (Issues with DNA)
Todd Fraser
Allan Kenley Matheson
Krzysztof Antoni Odrakiewicz (MP's mother did not think "Lyle" was her son, other reasons)

Depatie was ruled out too right? Good start off to a list! Hopefully we can have more names added! I'm really excited Lyle has his own area on websleuths!!! It did take me a few days to find it though lol.

Hi Buffetoflies! I'm not sure what to think about the guy in the pic. He does kinda have a Lyle look to him. I noticed going through canada missing persons alot have some type of facial feature that's kinda like Lyles. Alot look like they have that attatched earlobe thing going on.

Awhile back while flipping through a washington missing person site I copied/pasted a list of people i'd like to look into further but many of the names I did not find much information or pictures. Some have no stats at all so I'm curious to know more lol!

HALLINAN III, JOHN
Agency: Pierce Co. S.O. (Pierce County)
Sex: M
Height: n/a
Weight: n/a
Hair: n/a
Eyes: n/a
Age then: 32
Age now: 42
Student at Highline Community College in Tacoma

MCCOY, MICHAEL
Agency: Lewis Co. S.O. (Lewis County)
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 185
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Age then: 20
Age now: 34
Associated with a man found dead in his car in the water.

PORKALOB, RONALD C.
Agency: Bremerton P.D. (Kitsap County)
Age then: 17
Age now: 30
Teenager, model student who disappeared in Seattle

JOHNSON, WILLIAM
Agency: Grays Harbor Co. S.O. (Grays Harbor County)
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 135
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Age then: 22
Age now: 32

ROWE, JEREMY
Agency: Pasco P.D. (Franklin County)
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 180
Age then: 23
Age now: 34

PROTHERO, KYLE
Agency: Douglas Co. S.O. (Douglas County)
Age then: n/a
Age now: n/a
Last seen at home.

RAY, GARY
Agency: Douglas Co. S.O. (Douglas County)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 175
Eyes: Blue
Age then: 30
Age now: 47
Fugitive.

CRUZE, JASON
Agency: Clark Co. S.O. (Clark County)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 140
Age then: 28
Age now: 39
Reported missing after a week, considered homicide victim.

DOKOS, GREGORY
Agency: Vancouver P.D. (Clark County)
Weight: 180
Eyes: Brown
Age then: 31
Known to be a Grateful Dead fan and follow the band around the country.

MOHR, JEFFREY S.
Agency: Vancouver P.D. (Clark County)
Age then: 32
Age now: 40

THOMAS, JOSEPH
Agency: Clark Co. S.O. (Clark County)
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 230
Age then: 38
Reported missing after four days. Is a fugitive with arrest warrants, possible victim of foul play.

ROWALT, JOHN
Agency: Chelan Co. S.O. (Chelan County)
Weight: 140
Age then: 20
Age now: 40
Liked to skateboard. Presumed drowned, but some believed he had staged his own drowning to get away from obligations

GODDARD, JASON
Agency: Asotin Co. S.O. (Asotin County)
Weight: 170
Hair: Blond
Age then: 26
Age now: 46

RICHTER, CHRISTOPHER
Agency: Spokane P.D. (Spokane County)
Weight: 175
Eyes: Green
Age then: 22
Age now: 30
Girlfriend was eight months pregnant, was supposed to serve time for a firearms charge. Said he had to take care of a debt before going to jail.

MCDONALD, GEORGE W.
Agency: Colville Tribal P.D. (Stevens County)
Age then: 34
Age now: 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online