GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things I'm wondering about:

He said she picked him up on Friday from his job as a "day laborer." Wonder if LE has verified him working anywhere that day.

Did they really go to the baseball game?

Apparently they did go to the bar where the sister worked. She had to know he had an alcohol problem. So did she serve him? Has she said how intoxicated he appeared to be or how he was acting?

And the $64,000 question--how did he end up at Ingrid's house?

People with alcohol issues as he's been reported to have don't have the control to not drink and drink and drink when the opportunity is there. I'm picturing a few beers at the game, maybe a drink or two at the bar...Ingrid strikes me as a savvy woman who would not fail to observe his intoxication. Not to mention she's a nurse.

Maybe his line was "OMG I drank too much, can I come home with you and sleep it off on your couch?"

And she agreed as the kind person she appears to have been, completely unaware of his tendency toward alcoholic rages.

IDK. Just speculating.

ANyone other thna sisiter saw them there?

Re: the face not being shown, I am confident the judge is doing it to protect the jury pool. It is really difficult to get jurors in cases like these who don't have preconceived notions about the case from the media. In a case like this, where it is national (even international news), the judge is trying to make it possible for enough local people to remain clean enough to serve on a jury. If his face is injured from an obvious struggle, anyone who sees him on the news is going to think GUILTY without thinking twice and it will be much harder to find 20 people able to hear his case (they need 12 plus a healthy group of alternates).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The daughters will always have each other. The adults in their lives now will be in their 70's in 28 years. The girls will have each other to lean on and I have a feeling they will be some tough cookies like their mom. : )

I think he got drunk and she didn't know what else to do with him but take him to her house. She didn't know where he lived (how could she and still date him?) and he was in her car and probably passed out or incoherent. He hadn't gotten mean yet and she wasn't going to roll him out onto the sidewalk so she drove to her house. Where else would she go? She probably helped him into her house, so he could sleep it off in his drunken stupor and he got a second wind, attacked her because she was not going to have sex with a drunk and then the rest of the story.

She didn't take a mean drunk home intentionally. He got mean when she refused to have sex with him. Why didn't his sister warn this woman, the sister knows what a mental case he is.

Re: the face not being shown, I am confident the judge is doing it to protect the jury pool. It is really difficult to get jurors in cases like these who don't have preconceived notions about the case from the media. In a case like this, where it is national (even international news), the judge is trying to make it possible for enough local people to remain clean enough to serve on a jury. If his face is injured from an obvious struggle, anyone who sees him on the news is going to think GUILTY without thinking twice and it will be much harder to find 20 people able to hear his case (they need 12 plus a healthy group of alternates).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you're right. I'm not sure which article stated it, but that's the reason the judge gave for the order not to show his face.

Right but it also doesn't make him an automatic loser to not have a car. It wouldn't be easy to navigate every aspect of life without one but it could be done. Living in the Renton area, I wouldn't automatically say a man that I was attracted to was a loser because he didn't have a car.

If I were still living in the Midwest where there was zero public transit and dating, maybe that would be a red flag. Not necessarily HERE in this area.

I live on the Eastside and I have to respectfully disagree. Lake Stevens is more of a suburb. Most people don't flock to the burbs without their own transportation. My husband takes the bus to work in Seattle and drives to a park and ride.

People without cars in this area generally would live in Bellevue or Seattle proper, IMO.

I'm curious if he has a suspended license - OR if we are just assuming he has no car because of the old dating profile. I've also seen mention he had a truck.

What if he drugged her and typed in "home" on her GPS?

Hi all! Thought I would chime in as a local and a long time lurker.

There have been a lot of folks asking about distances and routes between Renton and the stadium. Rainier ave. and MLK are well known "back roads" from south of the city in, but it wouldn't save you all that much time if you are going to the *west* side of i-5 (Downtown), as the traffic through the neighborhoods between is pretty gnarly that time of night, especially with a game. Personally, if I were to take either route in (MLK is more likely as a larger road with less traffic lights, they have recently drastically changed Rainier to intentionally slow traffic recently), I would cut up Alaska, through Beacon Hill, drop down onto Spokane ave. and up 1st. The central district (21st and Pine) would be a really odd route to take if you know anything about traffic around here. The only thing that would make me think she may take that route is because there are several Swedish campuses there, and if she worked in one of them (I do not know which campus she worked), she would then be familiar with the area and possibly choose to go that route? Considering he was driving to dump the body, it would make me think there would be more reason to suspect he is familiar with the area somehow, or it was a completely random choice.

I work near Lake Washington, and there is quite a bit of illegal dumping around....every time I see those white trash bags now, my heart skips a beat.

I think that's just for regular games. The Mariners have variable pricing so the popular games cost more. Opening day is always sold out way in advance. I was thinking she bought the tickets from a reseller and paid more than face value. Not sure what that game was going for or how good their seats were but I doubt the tickets were cheap.
She could have gotten free tickets from work! Sometimes emails go around my husbands office for free tickets to baseball or soccer. Maybe one of the Drs she works for has season tix and couldn't go last minute?

Wow, how many women were lucky enough to not be his murder victim? Are there more unlucky ones? He got around.

Wow that could have been me that poor woman that could have been me,” Montana resident Heather Danishesfky said.

Danishefsky says she dated Charlton for about 6 months.

“He was charming and witty all of that of course i was taken by him,” Danishefsky said.

But she claims their relationship quickly turned abusive. She says Charlton even tried to choke her once.

“A lot of the time it was when he was drinking he would get really angry,” Danishefsky said.

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/13/man-ch...killing-renton-mom-and-dismembering-her-body/

I think he got drunk and she didn't know what else to do with him but take him to her house. She didn't know where he lived (how could she and still date him?) and he was in her car and probably passed out or incoherent. He hadn't gotten mean yet and she wasn't going to roll him out onto the sidewalk so she drove to her house. Where else would she go? She probably helped him into her house, so he could sleep it off in his drunken stupor and he got a second wind, attacked her because she was not going to have sex with a drunk and then the rest of the story.

She didn't take a mean drunk home intentionally. He got mean when she refused to have sex with him. Why didn't his sister warn this woman, the sister knows what a mental case he is.

Interesting points. And he probably would not take rejection well. Now there could be he accidenty killed her and freaked. But CBS said premeidatedbut i could not find more on that.

I am wondering if the sister is telling the truth.And I would assume she had at some point her life seen him really mean. When I learned that the recycle was really close to the stadium that struck me, but I canot figure out why. I then wondered if he actually (The premeditated report) got me going in this direction.

I am wondering if they went to game or the bar. He was blasted when he got there. Wanted some sex before and evrything happened and sister is just saying they were there. The media and cops you would think would try to see if there any witnesses to them being in a bar. What was his behavior like. What did she appear like?Did they seem stressed out with each oother/ When was the bar before or after game.

OK, I am not getting this, can someone explain?

It has been mentioned that he updated his facebook to say "studied at all of them",
what are you all thinking that is insinuating, I don't get it,,:shame:

I don't know what others are thinking but what instantly popped into my mind when I read it was Robert Durst at the end of that HBO documentary saying "What the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course."

The part that was realllllllllly creepy was when he seemed to be trying on text to learn what Ingrid had told her mom about their "relationship." How on earth could that be on his mind after what he had done? He should have been totally freaked that she texted him if he at all felt remorseful about or rattled by what he had done. Instead he didn't just play dumb, he actually seemed to be baiting her.

To me it seemed like he was implying "I don't know what she told you about our relationship, but I didn't go to her house last night if that's what you're thinking."

In response to a post about picking him and taking him back to her to shower before the game.

I doubt this was a possibility or probability. Lyne was last seen getting mail and telling neighbor that she was going to game. That was about 430ish. I believe from neighbor info. Even leaving Renton at this time on a Friday during rush hour would take an hour at least. So 3 hour round trip. Don't think so. Plus she wrote that she was still on date at around 1030pm.
As I have learned, you can't rule anything out. I'm sure neighbors would have seen her car or a car at her house. Looking at google maps and the house based off the candlelight vigil. The driveway is short and is wide open to the street. The google
maps image is heartbreaking with chalk drawings all over driveway. Hearts and flowers from those wonderful girls that will never be able to return home again.

I am most interested in his background and where he has been/has lived.
This is a very frightening case.

Hi all! Thought I would chime in as a local and a long time lurker.

There have been a lot of folks asking about distances and routes between Renton and the stadium. Rainier ave. and MLK are well known "back roads" from south of the city in, but it wouldn't save you all that much time if you are going to the *west* side of i-5 (Downtown), as the traffic through the neighborhoods between is pretty gnarly that time of night, especially with a game. Personally, if I were to take either route in (MLK is more likely as a larger road with less traffic lights, they have recently drastically changed Rainier to intentionally slow traffic recently), I would cut up Alaska, through Beacon Hill, drop down onto Spokane ave. and up 1st. The central district (21st and Pine) would be a really odd route to take if you know anything about traffic around here. The only thing that would make me think she may take that route is because there are several Swedish campuses there, and if she worked in one of them (I do not know which campus she worked), she would then be familiar with the area and possibly choose to go that route? Considering he was driving to dump the body, it would make me think there would be more reason to suspect he is familiar with the area somehow, or it was a completely random choice.

I work near Lake Washington, and there is quite a bit of illegal dumping around....every time I see those white trash bags now, my heart skips a beat.

Welcome Guuj :) Thanks for your local insight.

:welcome5:

If he was or has been homeless then maybe all the bags in the back of the truck (that someone claimed he always had) were his belongings.

If this was premeditated then I'm thinking maybe he wasn't drunk that night, but pretended he was, so he could claim he couldn't get home and charm IL into allowing him to stay over.

He also told LE that he had stayed at her house before, maybe that's a lie too to cover for his DNA being found there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member