2015.08.27 Curtis Wayne Wright: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

I agree that even a healed or partially healed wound would be of great interest. Possibly Teresa Sievers got her licks in and drew blood, had evidence on her body, maybe she bit someone or there could have been blood from dog bites - going off the idea that the dogs bit one or both of them. Possibly a blood trail led to nearby park. "Dozens of training academy recruits, from the SWFL Public Service Academy, combed the home and surrounding area on Wednesday morning, helping detectives look for evidence. WINK News followed them across the street, to a nearby park, where they continued their search." http://www.winknews.com/2015/07/01/new-details-in-murder-investigation-of-teresa-sievers/

Sheriff: Arrests in Bonita Springs doctor's killing were planned ‘for weeks and weeks'
Jessica Lipscomb
7:28 PM, Sep 11, 2015

"We had known that was going to happen for weeks and weeks ahead of time," he (SMS) said in an interview Friday.
"I literally took a call on this case earlier today," he said. "There's a lot of, as I've said, moving parts, angles, twists and turns as it continues to unfold."
Scott did confirm there was forced entry into the home, saying he believed most people had seen the TV footage of a door with "really significant pry marks" being carried away from the scene.
The sheriff was able to discredit a neighbor's story that Wright and his wife had been taken into custody for three days in Missouri following a raid on Wright's trailer July 12.

bbm
Much more at link still available to non-subscribers.

Sheriff: Arrests in Bonita Springs doctor's killing were planned ‘for weeks and weeks'
Jessica Lipscomb
7:28 PM, Sep 11, 2015

"We had known that was going to happen for weeks and weeks ahead of time," he (SMS) said in an interview Friday.
"I literally took a call on this case earlier today," he said. "There's a lot of, as I've said, moving parts, angles, twists and turns as it continues to unfold."
Scott did confirm there was forced entry into the home, saying he believed most people had seen the TV footage of a door with "really significant pry marks" being carried away from the scene.
The sheriff was able to discredit a neighbor's story that Wright and his wife had been taken into custody for three days in Missouri following a raid on Wright's trailer July 12.

bbm
Much more at link still available to non-subscribers.

Could that leave open the possibility they were in custody for 12 hours?

Something at the crime scene must have lead them to Mo right off the get go.

The sheriff was able to discredit a neighbor’s story that Wright and his wife had been taken into custody for three days in Missouri following a raid on Wright’s trailer July 12.

“I believe someone out of Missouri was saying that, but that is inaccurate,” he said. “All we can ever control is the information that comes from our office. I can’t control some neighbor in Missouri.”

Inaccurate. So, not completely false? Does anyone recall the source that said CWW was detained for 12 hours?

The sheriff was able to discredit a neighbor’s story that Wright and his wife had been taken into custody for three days in Missouri following a raid on Wright’s trailer July 12.

“I believe someone out of Missouri was saying that, but that is inaccurate,” he said. “All we can ever control is the information that comes from our office. I can’t control some neighbor in Missouri.”

Inaccurate. So, not completely false? Does anyone recall the source that said CWW was detained for 12 hours?

'Wright was initially arrested as detectives waited for a warrant in the case to be filed. He was booked into jail at 6 a.m. July 12, only to be released more than 12 hours later.'

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29962990...-released-prior-to-murder-charge#.VfOMDJWFOpo

-Nin

Anyone have thoughts on why WW's wife was also arrested for those 12 hours mentioned upthread?

'Wright was initially arrested as detectives waited for a warrant in the case to be filed. He was booked into jail at 6 a.m. July 12, only to be released more than 12 hours later.'

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29962990...-released-prior-to-murder-charge#.VfOMDJWFOpo

-Nin

Does anyone else wonder why CWW stuck around? He had to know they were hot on his trail back in July. He had 2 months to get outta Dodge and head to Mexico or somewhere. With his IT skills he may have been able to pull it off. Maybe he just isn't that smart.

Does anyone else wonder why CWW stuck around? He had to know they were hot on his trail back in July. He had 2 months to get outta Dodge and head to Mexico or somewhere. With his IT skills he may have been able to pull it off. Maybe he just isn't that smart.

I would say he was the back up man with possibly a gun, just in case.

-Nin

It amazes me, but it's very rare for a suspect/criminal to try to flee to Mexico or Canada. The only ones I can think offhand would be Jesse Matthew and the NY prison escapees. I'm sure there's more, but overall it's very unusual.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were to commit a potential death penalty crime, I would have a plan, a backup plan, and a backup backup plan!

They just don't believe they will get caught, even when LE is knocking on their door.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Who knows, he could've thought fleeing would make him appear guilty. Or, he didn't have the mean$ to get out of dodge. Also, I'm sure LE told him to stick around, maybe even took his passport.

Anyone have thoughts on why WW's wife was also arrested for those 12 hours mentioned upthread?

I'm assuming she wasn't technically "arrested" but detained, in custody. Not unusual for LE to detain the target (and spouse) of a search warrant during its execution. LE would want to ensure she wouldn't destroy evidence or tip off others during the search.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...-interest-in-ministers-disappearance_70184697

A Missouri man accused in the killing of Dr. Teresa Sievers is an active person of interest in the 1996 disappearance of a Missouri minister whose body has never been found.

"Curtis “Wayne” Wright, 47, has been a person of interest in the disappearance of 33-year-old Ronnie Bolin for nearly as long as detectives have been investigating, according to Missouri officials."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...-interest-in-ministers-disappearance_70184697

A Missouri man accused in the killing of Dr. Teresa Sievers is an active person of interest in the 1996 disappearance of a Missouri minister whose body has never been found.

"Curtis “Wayne” Wright, 47, has been a person of interest in the disappearance of 33-year-old Ronnie Bolin for nearly as long as detectives have been investigating, according to Missouri officials."

WOW! This certainly adds a new twist to the plot!

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime...rance_70184697

"Curtis “Wayne” Wright, 47, has been a person of interest in the disappearance of 33-year-old Ronnie Bolin for nearly as long as detectives have been investigating, according to Missouri officials.

'Coombs said Wright and Bolin “were associates” but declined to comment further on their relationship.'

[Bold mine]

Yes, I would agree, the plot is thickening.

-Nin

Birds of a feather? Best friends forever?

"Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott declined to answer questions about the Bolin case. But speaking generally, the sheriff said he wouldn’t rule out the possibility that other crimes could be solved following the investigation into Sievers’ death."

Other crimes. Plural. I feel like this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to CCW's past.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And now those "cold cases" the Sheriff put out there during Tricia's interview begin to surface in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back