Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering....could TC have obtained fake ID's prior to March 13th? And could those fake ID's (and additional stolen/bogus identities like social security numbers) be used to have then obtained passports? I know this is a far-fetched theory but based on his IG posts of beaches in Bali and Atlantis in the Bahamas, I'm wondering how far he was willing to go with this plan. For example: TC picks up ET at 7:45am and they drive south to a major airport (like Atlanta) as TC knows he has a headstart on the authorities by at least six hours or so (in other words, his estimation of when others would notice ET was missing). Using tickets purchased under the fake ID's that match their fake passports, they get on a plane to the Caribbean or Mexico or some other tropical beach area that can be reached in a few hours from the southern US. By the time LE are looking for them, they're out of the country. No, I haven't yet figured out what TC did with the Nissan Rogue using that scenario plus there's probably a million other factors that blow this theory to bits but I'm just trying to come up something that would explain the lack of sightings while also addressing his obvious tropical beach fantasies.

New to this case. The other one is frustrating me.

Any chance the hair dye is for him? Thinking head and beard.

This young girl reminds me of Scarlett Johannson.

I'd be willing to bet that the TBI has been thru every computer and device that tad had access to by now.
I'm sure he's educated but I'm even more sure that the TBI can outsmart him.
Hopefully he's made some mistake online that can help point the TBI in his direction.
Surely he searched for a place to take her and maybe he even thought that he destroyed any evidence of the search but hopefully they can retrieve something.

Hope they go deep before he calculated this.

As someone who works with abuse and sexual abuse victims, I feel really compelled to post this. Victims often seek the attention, affection, and approval of their abuser. They are manipulated into thinking THIS is what love is. The only person who can really love them is the abuser. There can be an incredible desire for the victim to protect the abuser at all costs. If they lose them, they will never be loved again. They will be responsible for the trouble they get into. The damage that is being done to them is often not realized until the situation has ended, and often not for a very long time after that. An abuser sees a vulnerable child and can make them feel needed, wanted, loved, powerful. They say and do the things that are needed, to make the child feel like they have finally found the one thing they are missing. Her seeking out his attention (if it's true) fits the pattern completely of a child who has been victimized. She found him, her hero, her true love, the only one who can fulfill her. What they want is love and this predator presents them with an alternate reality where everything is perfect. I see this on repeat day in and day out.

My huge worry, is that people are not looking, because they hold her responsible. If she wanted to be around him, it's voluntary and she is partly to blame. No no no. She is a victim totally and completely.

As someone who works with abuse and sexual abuse victims, I feel really compelled to post this. Victims often seek the attention, affection, and approval of their abuser. They are manipulated into thinking THIS is what love is. The only person who can really love them is the abuser. There can be an incredible desire for the victim to protect the abuser at all costs. If they lose them, they will never be loved again. They will be responsible for the trouble they get into. The damage that is being done to them is often not realized until the situation has ended, and often not for a very long time after that. An abuser sees a vulnerable child and can make them feel needed, wanted, loved, powerful. They say and do the things that are needed, to make the child feel like they have finally found the one thing they are missing. Her seeking out his attention (if it's true) fits the pattern completely of a child who has been victimized. She found him, her hero, her true love, the only one who can fulfill her. What they want is love and this predator presents them with an alternate reality where everything is perfect. I see this on repeat day in and day out.

My huge worry, is that people are not looking, because they hold her responsible. If she wanted to be around him, it's voluntary and she is partly to blame. No no no. She is a victim totally and completely.

Thank you so much for this insight. I want to hug you for it! :hug:

I was the friend in a similar situation in high school. My friend used to babysit for this couple who married young because the wife was pregnant. My friend quit babysitting for them because the man kept coming on to her when he'd drive her home after her babysitting gig. We told no one.

The girl who had the courage to tell the adults what was going on is my hero, too. It was absolutely the right thing to do.
Oh I agree. It is not easy to do.
I did quit babysitting and my mom knows why now. I would so love to be able to speak to the man now...adult to adult. I am friends with one of his sons on facebook but there is no way I would say anything to him about his dad.

I'm starting to question a few things on the things that her side are saying from family point. We know there was trouble here... i'm hoping beyond hope this isn't a 'lets complicate it to build the lawsuit against the school' thing. I do believe she went willingly per her IG and SM accounts. I also think as a 15 yr old she is just romanticizing everything...as most 15 yr old do. He took advantage of/groomed/manipulated her... however she continued to sneak to see him in school AFTER being told not to... Until she is bored or realizes this isn't going to work... i think she is being complacent with the hiding/travel. I'm just not sure that I believe some that is coming out with new family reports..... something isn't sitting right with me. JMO
Is this on Facebook? I guess I need to go and read.

Thank you so much for this insight. I want to hug you for it! :hug:

These cases hit close to home. Teens are often the least believed, least protected, and most blamed. I have a soft spot for girls who are manipulated like this. Society is hard on them.

I hope and pray she is found soon and gets all the help that she will need.

questions for all:

1)<modsnip>

2) both the lawyer's statement and the school report stated that ET inserted herself into the classroom. not the other way around. I get it, he's the perp, she's the victim. just wondering if anyone picked up on that fact...

3) 3 people on her side, one on his, made a public statement via one sentence in the past 7 days. not very "imminent danger" outcries, IMO.

IMO, MOO, JMO...thoughts?
I did. And she stayed for 30 minutes. As I said in the last thread, he should have asked her to leave, immediately. And then he should have reported the incident!

I'm starting to question a few things on the things that her side are saying from family point. We know there was trouble here... i'm hoping beyond hope this isn't a 'lets complicate it to build the lawsuit against the school' thing. I do believe she went willingly per her IG and SM accounts. I also think as a 15 yr old she is just romanticizing everything...as most 15 yr old do. He took advantage of/groomed/manipulated her... however she continued to sneak to see him in school AFTER being told not to... Until she is bored or realizes this isn't going to work... i think she is being complacent with the hiding/travel. I'm just not sure that I believe some that is coming out with new family reports..... something isn't sitting right with me. JMO
She's a 15 year old survivor of abuse by her mother. HOW does anyone not see that she is a victim. Do you remember my post about the development of the frontal lobe of the brain. You should Google what it's for and how long it takes to fully develop (mid-twenties).

These cases hit close to home. Teens are often the least believed least protected, and most blamed. I have a soft spot for girls who are manipulated like this. Society is hard on them.

I hope and pray she is found soon and gets all the help that she will need.
I think that's what everyone is forgetting this girl has been abused and manipulated by at least 2 people she should have been able to trust. We don't know her mental capacity she very well could be so traumatized that she's still 10 developmentally we don't know. I don't care how people are trying to spin it he's the adult he Knew and knows better yet encouraged this and let it continue. The constant need for some people on SM to blame her makes me really upset. She deserves better than that. I agree with everything you said lets get her home that's most important then we can see what her needs are and treat her accordingly and even if his friends are saying she's not in danger I don't believe that these same friends all said he wouldn't do this and he did MOO[emoji202]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Even adults fall under the spell of those that abuse, manipulate, etc... She is still a child. He gave her attention.

SABBM

Are you referring to the family member who said ET said to call 911 if she wasn't back by 6pm ?
Interesting.
Not saying they shouldn't sue the school--- but it's not like ET would ever see a penny of any monies granted-- even if it was for her therapy.
Also am still upset at the reports her mom was facing charges.

IMO
Why is it hard to believe that she said that? Why is it difficult to believe that a grown man who has groomed a teenager, could have easily lied and said they were going on a date, and she was wary, but went anyway?

Bravo !!! Beautifully written and so very true!

questions for all:

1)

2) both the lawyer's statement and the school report stated that ET inserted herself into the classroom. not the other way around. I get it, he's the perp, she's the victim. just wondering if anyone picked up on that fact...

3) 3 people on her side, one on his, made a public statement via one sentence in the past 7 days. not very "imminent danger" outcries, IMO.

IMO, MOO, JMO...thoughts?
They are holding vigils nightly at least they have been. I disagree. She is in imminent danger and the longer it goes the more dangerous it becomes. She's 15 of course she's going to push back at authority it was his job to NEVER start this to begin with.

money: The DailyMail has a bullet point list of sub headlines, one of which reads, 'Days before their disappearance, the married father took out a $4,500 loan'. Seriously, how long, and how far can $4,500.00 take two people? I don't think very long/far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...issing-student-begs-return.html#ixzz4bvIAreUJ
An article I read earlier on wsmv the local news for the area in TN said something to the effect that they were trying to determine how much money he had besides the loan. IMO just the way it sounded to me seems like they think he might have more.

This! Exactly this! I agree with you completely. Thank you!

I'd like to hear some of your guys opinions as to where these two may be. Without many tips it seems like a needle in a haystack.

Here are my thoughts...

I think it's obvious these two are off the grid. They are not in a hotel or any residential area. I think that they are either roughing it (camping) or they are sleeping in the car.

The phone ping in Decatur AL I think was huge. The fact that it was the first and only time it pinged definitely makes me think they ditched their phones (was this already a known fact or just speculation?) I think they ditched their phones immediately when it became public that there was a search for them. I think that gave them enough time to high tail it on the highway before the plate number was entered in to ping with license plate readers. Only 32 minutes southwest is William B Bankhead National Park. It's a 181,000 acre national park. I did a little virtual drive thru the main entrance that you go thru when entering this park and I was surprised to see how understated it was. I was expecting a gate in which you have to pass through where there are rangers posted, however, it was just a backroad that had a small welcome sign. Of course, I did not "virtually drive" the entire road on google so there could very well be those types of entrances, I just did not see any. Also, interestingly enough, there is a gas station right before you enter. Off a backroad, in the middle of nowhere, right before entering into a large national park. I did some research on the permits and passes that are needed for this park and you can purchase an annual pass online for only $80.

I think from the time of the phone ping they went off the grid immediately. I think a 181,00 acre national park seems like a perfect place to hide.

attachment.php

Attachments

• decatur to national park.png
    decatur to national park.png
    454.6 KB · Views: 687
Why is it hard to believe that she said that? Why is it difficult to believe that a grown man who has groomed a teenager, could have easily lied and said they were going on a date, and she was wary, but went anyway?

RSBM

I think that I'm wondering and maybe worrying about what this family member has said-- not ET.
We haven't heard that ET said this--- instead it was stated by a (sibling?) relative.

Could very well be true. So I'm not casting any suspicion on ET herself.
It's possible that a person close to the case like a relative could say things to benefit themselves and not the missing person.

Also that this family --or someone in the family-- had prior issues involving ET.
Also curious about the incidents involving her mother. Was she (the mother) allowing boyfriends to come to the house and hang around ?
Or what ?

Just seems that ET had no one to stand up for her. Completely helpless. :(
Sorry if my post reflected anything less than sympathy for this vulnerable young teen.

Sometimes I hate people who prey on the innocent !!!

Yes, we shouldn't hate anyone.
But it's more like a strong need to see the harshest penalty dealt, to those who harm the most innocent among us.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member