Special needs child "voted" out of classroom

vermontn03

Former Member
Reaction score
Special needs child "voted" out of classroom

Last Update: 5/26 3:50 pm

Click the video player to the right to watch the full report.
5-year-old Alex Barton will be starting his summer vacation early. His mother dosen't want him to to return to school after what allegedly happened in class at Morningside Elementary Wednesday afternoon.
"I'll never be able to send him to school again without worrying if something is going to happen," says Melissa Barton, Alex's mother.
She admits he's had behavior problems, and can be difficult at times.
She says he's undergoing tests to determine if he suffers from Autism and other disorders.

Here is the link.
http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=5F442343-A5AC-4903-B598-9F777910AB79&gsa=true

Florida wants to join No Child Left Behind experiment

Last Update: 5/06 7:38 am

Florida is applying to join an experimental program that could resolve some sharp differences between state and federal school assessments.
Many schools that get good grades from the state fail to pass the bar set by the federal No Child Left Behind Act.

Only about a third of Florida's schools met the federal standard last year.

Under the existing federal standard, any school that fails to meet just one in a series of achievement goals for various racial, ethnic and other student categories in reading, math, writing and high school graduation is deemed a failure.

http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=3bad0084-b1d5-4724-b415-540d11b89b2f

OMG that teacher should be voted off the planet!!! :mad:

I wonder who the 2 sweet souls are that voted to keep him in the class?

This is mental abuse of the worst kind. It will take a long time for him to forget this. I'll keep him in my prayers. I still think that b*tch teacher should be fired. Sorry, this hits close to home. :mad:

OMG that teacher should be voted off the planet!!! :mad:

I wonder who the 2 sweet souls are that voted to keep him in the class?

This is mental abuse of the worst kind. It will take a long time for him to forget this. I'll keep him in my prayers. I still think that b*tch teacher should be fired. Sorry, this hits close to home. :mad:

Good Morning Taximom,
OMG I just saw this on the early show of cbs news and I had to put it on here. I used to live in florida and the florida school systems are very bad. IM glad that i do not live there anymore. That is just horible that they kicked out a special needs child.

if this turns out to be true this woman she never be in a classroom again. the rejection and humiliation this child must have felt will color how he views school for a long time.

To be honest, it doesn't matter if the child was special needs or not.

It wouldn't matter if it was about race, gender, religion or anything else.

The crux of the matter is that the teacher held one student in front of the class and publicly ridiculed him. Worse she misused her authority in making the other children ridicule him as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder how the teacher would like to be publicly ridiculed? Maybe she should look at the recent stories of internet vigilantism and pray that her name doesn't go public.

ETA: 'cause it's spelled "public". I have no idea what a "pulic" is...

Vermont, I know Amraann will totally agree with you about FL schools. This is just so sad and sick. The teacher is still in that classroom. :mad:

Yeah, I don't think "special needs" is the issue here either.

Vermont, I know Amraann will totally agree with you about FL schools. This is just so sad and sick. The teacher is still in that classroom. :mad:

already sent her a message. Thank you though.

This woman is an insult to my chosen profession and to human beings. I agree with the above posters who say this has nothing to do with special needs - humiliation is NOT an acceptable form of classroom management!!!!

The fact that this woman was not immediately fired is incredibly disturbing. I'm stunned that she wasn't at least temporarily removed. Normally I'm against lawsuits as a way of solving problems, but this school system is really asking for it. I don't know how else you would get through to them if they can't see it themselves.

It is nauseating.

I hated school. i was bullied and humiliated by a teacher and this gave leave for the other pupils to pile on and continue to torment me.

if what had happened to this child had happened to me, i really would have killed myself.

i want the teacher in this story named and shamed and never let near another child for the rest of her trash life. :furious::furious::furious:

I hated school. i was bullied and humiliated by a teacher and this gave leave for the other pupils to pile on and continue to torment me.

if what had happened to this child had happened to me, i really would have killed myself.

i want the teacher in this story named and shamed and never let near another child for the rest of her trash life. :furious::furious::furious:

Dear Floh,
I too was also bullied in school. I was so depressed that I had to be put on depression medicine in high school. It just seemed like it never stopped I was never invited to prom or any of my class reunions. our second high school reunion (10 years) is comming up and I have heard nothing.

Dear Floh,
I too was also bullied in school. I was so depressed that I had to be put on depression medicine in high school. It just seemed like it never stopped I was never invited to prom or any of my class reunions. our second high school reunion (10 years) is comming up and I have heard nothing.

I'm weeping for you. really i am. i'm so, so sorry for what you had to bear. i can truly empathise. (((vermontn))) :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

OMG that poor little guy! That so called teacher needs to be fired!
I would love to call a special Parent meeting and make her stand in front of all the parents and other teachers and be publicly ridiculed and see how she likes it :furious:

Grrr some people some times just make me so mad.

I'm weeping for you. really i am. i'm so, so sorry for what you had to bear. i can truly empathise. (((vermontn))) :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thank you, :blowkiss: No one knows how it feels to be bullied until it happens to them. I have come to learn that they are not worth my time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back