CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LR didn't call JC because his phone would have pinged from the wrong direction and he'd have to explain where he'd been and why he was coming from the direction he was ...

ETA: Now I'm not sure. In reading more, they both had iPhones which have SIM cards which are always "on" and so he'd be tracked no matter what?

Or just if he used it?

I hope DoobieDoo can explain this ... works for phone company according to Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hasanni Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09 - THREAD #3

I wonder if LR didn't call JC because his phone would have pinged from the wrong direction and he'd have to explain where he'd been and why he was coming from the direction he was ...

ETA: Now I'm not sure. In reading more, they both had iPhones which have SIM cards which are always "on" and so he'd be tracked no matter what?

Or just if he used it?

I hope DoobieDoo can explain this ... works for phone company according to Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hasanni Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09 - THREAD #3

Hi noway-- SIM cards are still only "on" if they are powered as in a phone that is on. When I turn my phone off-even tho it has a SIM--I would not be receiving any pings Any calls to me would be forwarded to the "home base" so to speak--my carrier's database and I would have to retrieve them from there once my phone was powered up again.

A little more on SIM cards---the SIM simply stands for subscriber identity module. All it does is identify you to the proper network in the area you are using your phone. Say your battery goes dead & your friend has a phone with SIM also--you can put your SIM in their phone to make a call and it will be recorded as a call made by you and not them. For awhile I had 2 phones because I got a free one at a seminar I attended. All I had to do was move the SIM back and forth in order to use both. The pings normally come and go from the phone itself and not the SIM. It is simply looking for an acceptable network to use. I hope this isn't as clear as mud lol.

I wonder if LR knew all that. Fingers crossed that he had his phone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member