Just for Haleigh February 9, 2009 Still missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
After three years Haleigh's family still waiting

Mother and grandmother reflect on 3 years without Haleigh

The little girl disappeared from her home in Satsuma the night of February 9, 2009.

Since that time her paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, says life has been near impossible.

"I can't tell you how hard it is to get up everyday and hope that it's the day Haleigh comes home," Neves said.

She appeared early Thursday morning on The Morning Show from a home where a large sign featuring two pictures of Haleigh is prominent.

Neves and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are adamant in their belief the girl, who was five when she disappeared, is still alive.

"I have my faith and that's what gets me by," Sheffield said in front of the home she shares with Neves.video at link, toohttp://www.news4jax.com/news/After-...aiting/-/475880/8619226/-/hrl64e/-/index.html

BBM

Is this correct? If so I hadn't heard, must have been MIA.

BBM

No, that is Annette Sykes home. I think the reporter is mistaken. I believe Teresa lives elsewhere but interviews and vigils are always held at Annette's home. There are some posts in the general theory thread about Crystal's current living arrangements.

JMO

breaks my heart we havent found and buried this child yet. Thoughts of her mama this week. Tough anniversary.

breaks my heart we havent found and buried this child yet. Thoughts of her mama this week. Tough anniversary.

Yes, this past week has been very tough on a lot of cases I follow.

8 year anniversary for Maura Murray missing this week, too.
Last Friday's sentencing of Somer Thompson's killer brought the release of new documents, heartbreaking to read as was the sentencing hearing reports for Elizabeth Olton's killer this week. Also tough is the Powell tragedy.

So heartbreaking.

Thank you for all the links twall!

Besides the fact that Haleigh is still missing, this about sums the whole case up

He added the team has a lot of information, but the frustrating part of it is that they've dealt with many people telling them things that weren't true, sources that just weren't credible.

"I think that kind of hurt me in the whole process," he said. "The fact that we had so many people tell us so many different stories and in these kind of cases it's important to try and find those people that you can count on and have some credibility and in this case, there hasn't been a lot of that."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2012/02/09/news/news01.txt

This was her opportunity to plead for her daughter ... it didn't happen!
I am sorry but I just have not seen a fight in this girl, JMO

Her daughter is DEAD, cops say homocide, this isnt like Jaycee Duguard. Lets say she came back, where do you really think she was? She would be a shell of a person at this point, and the chances someone kept her alive is just not realistic, the cops say HOMOCIDE, the people all around her that night are all in prison, lying, and the cops have said they both aren't telling the truth. After the wedding, then the divorce, and him coming to get her from police interviews, till the drug sting. How anyone can even think what he was doing is normal and justified. He knows his child is dead, he is responsible no ands ifs or buts. Nothing is bringing her back, not even Gods promise, as Teresa likes to crow.

jmo

I do NOT believe MC is the last one to see HC AND have serious doubts the demise of HC occurred at 202 GL due to subsequent searches that have taken place. I wonder if any evidence of a homicide even exists, and it is nothing more than LE's "logical conclusion" to explain her disappearance and/or their lack of locating her (dead or alive).
Like JayceeD, no evidence of death was ever found because there was NONE - I suspect there were LE officials that also believed her disappearance to be a "homicide"

:blowkiss: A heartfelt thanks to all the wonderful posts remembering Haleigh. I still read her threads a LOT. She never strays far from my thoughts. As I think of her and the ability someone had to "disappear" her so easily, as I see the progression of children "disappearing" so easily with only the odd solve~I realize we've hit, in my mind, The End of the Innocence.

Remember when the days were long
And rolled beneath a deep blue sky
Didn't have a care in the world
With mommy and daddy standing by
When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details
Since daddy had to fly....

Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence - YouTube

Questions here...Who is Barbie Squires and wasn't Annette S married to a Squires? Is Kerry Brown and Steve Brown one and the same?

Barbie is Teresa's step-mother. So, yes, Annette was once married to Barbie's husband.

Also, Kerry Brown is the same as Steve Brown. I believe his full name is Steven Kerry Brown.

After three years Haleigh's family still waiting

Mother and grandmother reflect on 3 years without Haleigh

The little girl disappeared from her home in Satsuma the night of February 9, 2009.

Since that time her paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, says life has been near impossible.

"I can't tell you how hard it is to get up everyday and hope that it's the day Haleigh comes home," Neves said.

She appeared early Thursday morning on The Morning Show from a home where a large sign featuring two pictures of Haleigh is prominent.

Neves and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are adamant in their belief the girl, who was five when she disappeared, is still alive.

"I have my faith and that's what gets me by," Sheffield said in front of the home she shares with Neves.

video at link, too

http://www.news4jax.com/news/After-...aiting/-/475880/8619226/-/hrl64e/-/index.html

Crystal lives with Teresa? :waitasec: I've clearly been out of the loop!

Holding Out Hope: Family's vigil marks anniversary of her disappearance

WELAKA - Friends and loved ones packed into a Fourth Avenue home Friday night to keep the missing, now-8-year-old Haleigh Cummings' name and face known and remembered.

The home, belonging to Haleigh's great-grandmother Annette Sykes, has been the site for multiple prayer vigils since the little girl disappeared three years ago in Satsuma.

much more at link

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2012/02/11/news/news01.txt

WELAKA - Friends and loved ones packed into a Fourth Avenue home Friday night to keep the missing, now-8-year-old Haleigh Cummings' name and face known and remembered.

The home, belonging to Haleigh's great-grandmother Annette Sykes, has been the site for multiple prayer vigils since the little girl disappeared three years ago in Satsuma.

much more at link

Thank you for posting. Sad.

much more at link

Interesting....

"You may not be born into our family, but Haleigh's disappearance made you part of our family," she said. "Then Jamie (Watts) walked in through the door with two men wearing vests that said 'Children's Rescue.'"
Neves said she woke up crying because the men were not there to tell her they had Haleigh.

So once again Jamie Watts is in attendance and is in Teresa's dreams too.. BTW.. Isn't he the owner of Watts Funeral Home and Crematorium? JMHO

BBM

I think the reporter made a mistake about Crystal Sheffield living with TN .
TN has a daughter named Crystal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members