Follow the Money....

He doesn't seem to be hurting too much for money...still can't mow his own lawn and pays for landscaping service. He's also had some concrete and tree stumps recently pulled up. Doesn't seem to be feeling much sting yet!

Between the cash he had stashed, collecting social security benefits (the girls), unemployment benefits, etc... He'd have enough to to keep the lights on and feed the girls and retain an attorney for a bit. But one wouldn't think he'd have enough to hire a lawn service. If he's comfortable enough biking through the neighborhood he can mow his own lawn. Wow! Maybe he's trying to make his last months on the outside as comfortable as possible.

Florida unemployment benefits are currently “a maximum of $275 per week.”

http://www.stateofflorida.com/articles/florida-unemployment.aspx

MS’s eligibility for unemployment benefits would initially hinge on whether he has had “wages earned in what is called the "base period," which is the first four complete quarters beginning 18 months prior to your claim“. "Typically, Reemployment Assistance lasts up to 26 weeks or until employment is found."

MS might not have been getting paid a paycheck from TS’s business, but if he was getting paid payroll wages during this timeframe, he would likely be eligible to file a claim for unemployment benefits.

Oh I'm sure MS received a paycheck. Long term he'd want to collect social security benefits and I'm sure MS needed his "own" money.

Between the cash he had stashed, collecting social security benefits (the girls), unemployment benefits, etc... He'd have enough to to keep the lights on and feed the girls and retain an attorney for a bit. But one wouldn't think he'd have enough to hire a lawn service. If he's comfortable enough biking through the neighborhood he can mow his own lawn. Wow! Maybe he's trying to make his last months on the outside as comfortable as possible.

Isn't there still that pesky matter of the IRS lien against the home? :drumroll:

The girls lose their mother in the worst way possible, their daddy is a suspect in her murder and may go to prison, and he selfishly hadn't paid the IRS and ignored their communications, so now they may lose their home.

Isn't there still that pesky matter of the IRS lien against the home? :drumroll:

The girls lose their mother in the worst way possible, their daddy is a suspect in her murder and may go to prison, and he selfishly hadn't paid the IRS and ignored their communications, so now they may lose their home.

When you consider the fact that their mother was bludgeoned to death in the house it might not be such a bad thing (to lose the house).

I'm hoping he's arrested soon so the girls can start healing.

Why is their a lien on the house? I missed that! Thanks.

Why is their a lien on the house? I missed that! Thanks.

IRS lien for $32K (for 2013 income tax I believe) which would have to be paid from proceeds of sale of the house.

It wasn't for property taxes. It was for personal 1040 income taxes. Scroll down on the link given above to post #1.

Oh I'm sure MS received a paycheck. Long term he'd want to collect social security benefits and I'm sure MS needed his "own" money.
Before he met and married TS, MS probably already worked long enough (reported wages) to meet the eligibility requirements for SS benefits.
By age 27, I had enough credits to qualify for SS benefits for when I ultimately retire.

Before he met and married TS, MS probably already worked long enough (reported wages) to meet the eligibility requirements for SS benefits.
By age 27, I had enough credits to qualify for SS benefits for when I ultimately retire.

Anyone born after 1929 is eligible after 10 years... Social security is calculated off an individual's best 35 earning years. I'm guessing he "earned" more working for his wife than as an LPN.

Typically an individual's wages aren't the greatest during the first ten years of employment.

It's fairly common for a small business owner to to pay his/her spouse a decent wage even if the spouse doesn't actually contribute a whole lot for a variety of financial reasons including social security benefits.

For not paying 2013 1040 (personal income tax) not property tax. Lots of people (sad but true) get liens filed against them for delinquent tax liabilities. And of course, it is a really big red flag for me.....who in a million years would want to ignore the IRS?? I could see it if he lost his job, family illness, divorce, drug addiction, or gambling issues etc. (That is usually what I have seen.) But, I have never encountered anyone who ever just said, "I don't want to pay it, even though I have 10's of thousands of dollars in cash, sitting in one of the FOUR safes in my home." (Insert "shaking my head in disbelief emoticon.")
Perhaps I am seeing it differently than the average person. The guy has weapons, ammo, cash, coins all over the place....but doesn't pay his personal income taxes. The goal of tax protestor/survivalist types is to "stay below the radar" ...oh well, he is ON THE RADAR NOW!

Anyone born after 1929 is eligible after 10 years... Social security is calculated off an individual's best 35 earning years. I'm guessing he "earned" more working for his wife than as an LPN.

Typically an individual's wages aren't the greatest during the first ten years of employment.

It's fairly common for a small business owner to to pay his/her spouse a decent wage even if the spouse doesn't actually contribute a whole lot for a variety of financial reasons including social security benefits.

For Social Security purposes, there would be no need to pay the spouse wages from the family business, especially if the spouse would eventually file for the SS spouse benefit at retirement.

If there was a financial ‘plan’, I’m guessing that MS would expect to receive the SS higher spouse benefit:
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/340...use-s-benefits-and-my-own-retirement-benefits
If you are eligible for both your own retirement benefits and for benefits as a spouse, we always pay your own benefits first. If your benefits as a spouse are higher than your own retirement benefits, you will get a combination of benefits equaling the higher spouse benefit.

And, as a widower, MS can get spouse survivor benefits at age 60…. if he doesn't remarry, if TS has qualified for the benefits, and if MS is a free man:
https://www.socialsecurity.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou2.html
If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

• receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60.

I don't think the IRS can take the home. If he sells, we the people get his money vias the IRS. Does interest accumulate?

He needs to be on a payment plan right now, but I imagine the different monies he has coming in cannot be attached

IRS lien for $32K (for 2013 income tax I believe) which would have to be paid from proceeds of sale of the house.

He coulda/shoulda paid it from the $40k cash LE found in the house. :dunno:

------------ I copied the following from homeguides.sfgate.com/happens-irs-puts-lien-house-8010.html:

If you do not pay your tax debt, the IRS may foreclose on your property at any point during the 10-year period in which the lien is valid. If you stop paying your mortgage, and your primary mortgage lender opts to foreclose on the property, the IRS may “redeem” your home by paying your mortgage lender the amount you owed on your mortgage. It then legally owns the property and any equity you built in the home over time with your mortgage payments.

Follow the Money.... it was all in the safes.
I doubt those tubes are gold coins. I see a lot of silver bars and silver coins, but I can't tell for sure if the yellow ones are gold plated silver, bad lighting/reflection, or is really gold. How many coins in a tube?

The bank envelopes lined up photo is very interesting to me, too.

I never thought the 40K was real, but now I do believe that's likely the total value of the cash, old money & precious metals. The safe contents also appear to me to have the mindset of a "prepper." And his office makes me think he is a hoarder. IMO.

Follow the Money.... it was all in the safes.
I doubt those tubes are gold coins. I see a lot of silver bars and silver coins, but I can't tell for sure if the yellow ones are gold plated silver, bad lighting/reflection, or is really gold. How many coins in a tube?

The bank envelopes lined up photo is very interesting to me, too.

I never thought the 40K was real, but now I do believe that's likely the total value of the cash, old money & precious metals. The safe contents also appear to me to have the mindset of a "prepper." And his office makes me think he is a hoarder. IMO.

Hoarder, prepper, maybe some drugs..throw in a dash of mental illness...I know.. no one is going to want to go there. Thinking the "motive" could be a little more complicated then we know. I guess because I see sloppy house, sloppy murder plan...who in their right mind hires their best friend who has a criminal record and is a murder suspect in another case to kill their wife.

Helper, can you lend any personal insights or gut feelings you are having now after seeing some of the evidence?

You knew her... what is going through your head right now. I want to know what your intuition is telling you. TIA- Frigga

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back